Girona40

Republican Congresswoman's office tells us to go to...............

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am steaming mad!!!

My husband just got off the phone with our congresswoman's office, who basically told us that since the Democrats hold the majority in the House that they no longer have any "clout" and we should go to our Democratic reps. in the Senate!!!

#######!

Can't get either of our senators to even acknowledge correspondence, or phone calls!

Now what?

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Maybe you should try contacting the local newspaper with your story. I think the people that try to immigrate legally are under reported by the media. Also, don't you think the newspaper would love to print a story of sour grapes on a local congress member.

Make sure you have your facts straight, names of people you contacted, etc. Sometimes the only way to get a politician to move on something is to show everyone what they are really like. However, if your congress member just lost their seat, you would be wasting time. Contact the new member's staff immediately with your story. They might want to jump on it quickly to show they are working for the people of the district.

Was she voted out? See if you can contact your new incoming congressman or Senators. The current lawmakers if voted out ended their year and basically their terms on 12/9/06. They could start an inquiry for you but there would be noone there to follow up on it for you. So what good would it do? They're gone and headed home for Christmas and to find a real job. ;)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd try again once the new Congressional session starts in January.

Edited by jsnearline

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

a poor loser chopf##k

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline
I am steaming mad!!!

My husband just got off the phone with our congresswoman's office, who basically told us that since the Democrats hold the majority in the House that they no longer have any "clout" and we should go to our Democratic reps. in the Senate!!!

#######!

Can't get either of our senators to even acknowledge correspondence, or phone calls!

Now what?

Your Representatives all suck! The Senators for being unapproachable and the Congresswoman for obviously being full of shite. Democratic majority my #######. I had help from my Democratic Congressman in Nashville while the Republicans held both the majority in Congress and the had White House. The majority has nothing to do with government agencies having Congressional liaisons that respond to Congressional inquiries. No clout. Geez. If that's the case, then she ought to get the ** out Congress if she can't do anything anyways! What a load of #######...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I am steaming mad!!!

#######!

Now what?

Your Representatives all suck! The Senators for being unapproachable and the Congresswoman for obviously being full of shite. Democratic majority my #######. I had help from my Democratic Congressman in Nashville while the Republicans held both the majority in Congress and the had White House. The majority has nothing to do with government agencies having Congressional liaisons that respond to Congressional inquiries. No clout. Geez. If that's the case, then she ought to get the ** out Congress if she can't do anything anyways! What a load of #######...

Agreed... I had both my Decomcratic Senators and Republican Rep help me on more than one occassion. It's just a matter of that Rep having good Constituent Services people. It didn't matter who was in power or not.. all got results...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Just want to clarify - no, she didn't get voted OUT, she was RE-ELECTED! What the heck is the point of a congressional represenative that isn't prepared to represent you, when things like this happen?

Oh, and her staffer said "there are people with more serious problems than you!" My husband said "What? Our son being deported when he has done nothing wrong, that isn't serious?" She said "Your best bet is to get hold of a Democrat!"

Yeah, really, what is the point?

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Just want to clarify - no, she didn't get voted OUT, she was RE-ELECTED! What the heck is the point of a congressional represenative that isn't prepared to represent you, when things like this happen?

Oh, and her staffer said "there are people with more serious problems than you!" My husband said "What? Our son being deported when he has done nothing wrong, that isn't serious?" She said "Your best bet is to get hold of a Democrat!"

Yeah, really, what is the point?

wow, what a defeatist! :angry:

I am totally amazed at your dilemma,but you have been getting nowhere fast I would do as the previous poster said and get the newspapers involved really you have no other channels left to go down.

Regards Scotty

Timeline

Have written to the Washington Post this evening - for what good it will do. Seems that the press aren't that interested either - I have written to several local papers and they never get back. I guess if it doesn't have the word "Illegal" or "Amnesty" in the title they just aren't interested.

That is horrible!!

I've read what is what happening to your son in other forums and it makes me incredibly sad that something like that could happen. Obviously the rules need to be changed.

Personally, I think it's a good news story - add in that your reps won't respond to your contact and it makes it better. I'd keep trying various media outlets.

I don't know if it would do any good to contact other politicians in your area (or maybe outside your area), but that might be worth a try too. Is there an Ombudsman office that might be able to help you?

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Did you try contacting Arlen Spector?

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldnt contact the senator or congressperson directly. Call their office and ask if they have an immigration liason. Get their name. Send a nice letter to that person directly and be patient. They are busy folks with a lot of people. It worked for me.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline
I wouldnt contact the senator or congressperson directly. Call their office and ask if they have an immigration liason. Get their name. Send a nice letter to that person directly and be patient. They are busy folks with a lot of people. It worked for me.

With all due respect, and I know you are only trying to help, but we have been dealing with the USCIS since 2001. I don't know anyone that has been more patient that we have.

We have had meetings with the USCIS District Director, we have spoken with our congresswoman directly. We have spoken with our senator's immigration liaisons, we have spoken with Justice Department Legal Counsel's office, we have spoken with just about everybody. We have written to EVERY senator and congressperson in the country (because this doesn't just affect us now, there are others and will be many more if this isn't corrected), we have a friend that works in the White House who has hand delivered a letter to the President's Office. We have mailed in a petition, signed by everyone in this town, to our senators and congressional representative and nobody wants to help. Not one person has offered assistance in even getting to the bottom of where this USCIS policy came from, nobody.

We have been as patient, as anyone can be expected to be, when for four years we have been dealing with people that just don't care.

When a congressional staffer (District Director) tells you that there are people with "serious" problems for the congresswoman to deal with, I just want to scream! Do they not think that having your son deported, when he has done nothing wrong, isn't serious?

What is wrong with this country, when people that you vote in to represent you, on things that affect you and your family, just don't give a hoot!

Something is seriously wrong somewhere.