61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

for marriage fraud, is best to engage with a FDNS officer at the local USCIS office. Face to face, the first meeting.

Agree. I tried. They're lazy. Deferred me.

for marriage fraud, is best to engage with a FDNS officer at the local USCIS office. Face to face, the first meeting.

Agree. I tried. They're lazy. Deferred me.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Timeline

Verysadguy, you had enough evidence to win custody... 90% of Broken-hearted USCs have no children and no hard evidence. And they lack lucid disposition to understand that they can't go back to the same government strangers they initially begged for acceptance, with the opposite story now. This strains the agency even more IMHO than their initial ill-conceived marriage journey

Good point. I have my child thank God, minus $100k.

Fraud is rampant and USCIS knows it, but they are overburdened with hardcore criminals. These little marriage frauds are nothing to them. My ex was planning months ahead to do her deeds and continued them once in the USA.

This guy's woman was for sure planning all along just to get to USA, get the GREEN card, then split mighty quick lickety split hop on the bus Gus C'YA...

Can you say green card ho's? Thousands of 'em, male and female. US needs to SEND THEM HOME! When word gets out around the globe it will happen far far less often.

Good luck to OP proving fraud to FDNS. It's gonna take a miracle.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Filed: Timeline

I know it's really hard to do this, but may I suggest for those who worry about this in the future:

Spend as much time with your loved one as you can in their own country. I don't mean a couple week-long visits -- I mean a year or more.

Why do I advise this? I lived with my wife for two years in Mongolia and knew everything about her. I knew everything about her family. When they came to the U.S., I knew exactly what I was getting, and there have been no problems or surprises.

People have jobs and it's hard to leave them, but I would suggest you do. Leave your job, find one in your love one's country. Spend a lot of time together. THEN, decide to get married.

What would Xenu do?

^^^^^^Finally: voice of reason.

It's tiring to hear the same utterly unsupported belching advice: do everything to get her deported, because the frauds like her make us wait longer. Nonsense: doing everything to get her deported will make you wait longer!! Occupying USCIS with another appeal (to take the status away, after you already petitioned to give her status) is what uses up USCIS's limited resources.

Well done duraaraa: everyone must do their best BEFORE the journey, not after. Can't now live without blaming someone - start with yourself

Timeline

^^^^^^Finally: voice of reason.

It's tiring to hear the same utterly unsupported belching advice: do everything to get her deported, because the frauds like her make us wait longer. Nonsense: doing everything to get her deported will make you wait longer!! Occupying USCIS with another appeal (to take the status away, after you already petitioned to give her status) is what uses up USCIS's limited resources.

Well done duraaraa: everyone must do their best BEFORE the journey, not after. Can't now live without blaming someone - start with yourself

Interesting perspective. Fraud is a crime. An eye for an eye. If USC vs. USC, get paid back. If immigration fraud get sent home. I do agree better due diligence should be exercised. USCIS should make that clear. A few hundred dollars or a couple thousand spent longer in the beneficiaries surroundings might do the trick so might a PI and background check. We've read many many cases of heartbreak and cleaned out bank accounts far beyond just mine by marauding purposeful fraudulent foreigners. USCIS needs to toughen the hell up. We have enough losers here that we don't need to keep adding to their ranks. This OP's woman is bad news. Send her home.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OP Please read my advice on how to report fraud to USCIS, If you need help message me I can offer some advice always remeber EVERy case is differant.

^^^^^^^^Absolutely correct

With all respect to Verysadguy, slogans like that only damage credibility. In absence of HARD evidence of FRAUD (not what she said to me) there is no case, no crime, no eye, no pay, no home. Further waste of own life, and damage to current and prospective immigration

I really have no skin in this, and really can't offer meaningful advice. But I love education. So maybe someone can help and explain: other than a case where one of the spouses admits to premeditated false courtship...what's the use in this entire subject?

Both male/female USC themselves seek out unequal partnership, pursue it as hard as they can (sponsoring, paying up for poorer spouse, etc); then the ill-conceived relationship breaks down, and then the USC complains. And thus a good half of posts in this sub forum: for what constructive purpose? And why go back to government agency and try to take even more of their resources seeking to unwind what you previously begged them to affect? Proving she said he said is tough enough in court with help of attorneys; trying to convince USCIS that they absolutely must undo what you originally begged them to do for you - is this credible? Does USC really assume zero risk when initially embark on this journey? Are relationships guaranteed? Even domestically, with no visas, 50% - or more - break. Why involve USCIS again, other than withdraw sponsorship?

Well stated!

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^^^Absolutely correct

With all respect to Verysadguy, slogans like that only damage credibility. In absence of HARD evidence of FRAUD (not what she said to me) there is no case, no crime, no eye, no pay, no home. Further waste of own life, and damage to current and prospective immigration

Agreed. I think all hard cases of fraud should be reported. But the reason these are often not handled effectively is because the system seems to be clogged up with reports from bitter ex spouses. There is a huge difference between a fraud case and a legitimate marriage gone bad. If 50% of all marriages end in divorce, how many international marriages should be expected to end in divorce? Without hard evidence, reporting fraud is a waste of everyone's time. I think the best protection one can give themselves is to take a hard look at the relationship and facts surrounding it before actually agreeing to get married in the first place. Edited by Jay Jay

Timeline

Agreed. I think all hard cases of fraud should be reported. But the reason these are often not handled effectively is because the system seems to be clogged up with reports from bitter ex spouses. There is a huge difference between a fraud case and a legitimate marriage gone bad. If 50% of all marriages end in divorce, how many international marriages should be expected to end in divorce? Without hard evidence, reporting fraud is a waste of everyone's time. I think the best protection one can give themselves is to take a hard look at the relationship before actually agreeing to get married.

"But the reason these are often not handled effectively is because the system seems to be clogged up with reports from bitter ex spouses."

Is this your opinion or do you have evidence? I recently posted USCIS reference to 30% of K-1's are potentially romance scams. These are not legitimate good faith marriages to begin with. That being said of course many legitimate marriages indeed do go bad. Not every petitioner or beneficiary is a good man or woman. However, the bigger point I've been trying to make is this:

If you come to the USA with fraudulent intent and you get caught, then I think the petitioner has every right to report you, and you should be sent back home if proven to be a fraud.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

"But the reason these are often not handled effectively is because the system seems to be clogged up with reports from bitter ex spouses."

Is this your opinion or do you have evidence? I recently posted USCIS reference to 30% of K-1's are potentially romance scams. These are not legitimate good faith marriages to begin with. That being said of course many legitimate marriages indeed do go bad. Not every petitioner or beneficiary is a good man or woman. However, the bigger point I've been trying to make is this:

If you come to the USA with fraudulent intent and you get caught, then I think the petitioner has every right to report you, and you should be sent back home if proven to be a fraud.

I should put a disclaimer that this was my opinion and I have not been able to find any numbers. It is a fact though that the USCIS does not have the resources to investigate all fraud cases.

As for your last paragraph, I agree wholeheartedly - duping someone into marriage for the wrong purpose is heinous and is why the process takes so long in the first place, however, proving fraud is near impossible from USCIS' side without hard evidence. I'm saying that 1. petitioners do have a responsibility to take a realistic look at things before filing (some cases are clear cut, some are not), and 2. If reporting fraud, make sure it's actual fraud and not bitterness. If it is fraud, gather up any and all evidence you possibly can before reporting.

Edited by Jay Jay

Timeline

I should put a disclaimer that this was my opinion and I have not been able to find any numbers. It is a fact though that the USCIS does not have the resources to investigate all fraud cases.

As for your last paragraph, I agree wholeheartedly - duping someone into marriage for the wrong purpose is heinous and is why the process takes so long in the first place, however, proving fraud is near impossible from USCIS' side without hard evidence. I'm saying that 1. petitioners do have a responsibility to take a realistic look at things before filing (some cases are clear cut, some are not), and 2. If reporting fraud, make sure it's actual fraud and not bitterness. If it is fraud, gather up any and all evidence you possibly can before reporting.

Totally agree. USCIS is overwhelmed in many areas.

Gather the hard evidence; turn it in. I did.

VAWA fraud is a whole different animal and really ugly.

VAWA for the truly abused petitioner? A Godsend.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Totally agree. USCIS is overwhelmed in many areas.

Gather the hard evidence; turn it in. I did.

VAWA fraud is a whole different animal and really ugly.

VAWA for the truly abused petitioner? A Godsend.

The entire reasoning behind VAWA is just and necessary, unfortunately, as with all well-intended programs there are thoe who seek to abuse it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

just a quickie note - the OP hasn't logged in since the 7th of October .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.