Danno

Greenville Walmart shooter picked victims by race

188 posts in this topic

PI food is a wanted thing in most places. On the ship, when we would have it, folks would be in the chow line ready to throw down. I've had it in the PI, Korea, Japan, and Vietnam.

I find that odd. Almost none us hubbys like it much

I find that odd. Almost none us hubbys like it much

It's one of those things where it's hot when you don't get it that much. Now, I don't eat it since my wife makes her spring rolls.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You shouldn't have mentioned 'race' period. What you have said is that black people or most black people are incapable of appropriate use of statistics. That is not based in fact, that's based in prejudice. Well done.

Agreed.

A better way to phrase the statement (as example) = " I have a problem when statistics are misrepresented."

We already know the subject / topic of conversation. There is no need & it is false to label the Black community as incapable. Incompetence is not a Black or White deficiency. It's a Human Race condition.

(Now...is Teddy gonna call me a Drama Queen? unsure.png )

Agreed.

A better way to phrase the statement (as example) = " I have a problem when statistics are misrepresented."

We already know the subject / topic of conversation. There is no need & it is false to label the Black community as incapable. Incompetence is not a Black or White deficiency. It's a Human Race condition.

(Now...is Teddy gonna call me a Drama Queen? unsure.png )

Good post.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It's one of those things where it's hot when you don't get it that much. Now, I don't eat it since my wife makes her spring rolls.

The Lumpia is ok. The Pancit Bihon is ok. Most of the rest of it is not of my liking.. Some of the fish dishes I can't even look at.

And then there is that Duck Egg thing..Oh My Balut

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If it is merely a "human race" issue, why for the last 50 years have we spent unGodly amounts of resources to close the "Achievement gap"?

Wide racial gap persists in education testing

race-gaps-art0-gohopda7-10922gfx-race-ga

Take note the poorest White students out performed the more wealthy Black students.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/09/22/wide-racial-gap-persists-in-testing.html

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

If it is merely a "human race" issue, why for the last 50 years have we spent unGodly amounts of resources to close the "Achievement gap"?

Take note the poorest White students out performed the more wealthy Black students.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/09/22/wide-racial-gap-persists-in-testing.html

Thats because standardize tests are biased against the black children . Don't you pay attention.. It's racist

Ungodly amounts?

Seriously Danno, to you honestly believe black children are intellectually inferior to their white counterparts? That all things being equal, black people simply aren't as good as white people? I mean, that is what you are arguing, that all this money being poured into the education system is a complete waste because black people simply can't do what white people can?

Thats because standardize tests are biased against the black children . Don't you pay attention.. It's racist

If you use it as a basis for the argument that black people are inferior to white people intellectually, then absolutely it is racist. What else could it be? Enlightened?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Ungodly amounts?

Seriously Danno, to you honestly believe black children are intellectually inferior to their white counterparts? That all things being equal, black people simply aren't as good as white people? I mean, that is what you are arguing, that all this money being poured into the education system is a complete waste because black people simply can't do what white people can?

If you use it as a basis for the argument that black people are inferior to white people intellectually, then absolutely it is racist. What else could it be? Enlightened?

I don't think that.

I think they have a culture that does not place any emphasis on excelling school..In fact I think it's discouraged

The whole acting white thing

Ask Marvin he will confirm this

The culture worships sports heroes ...They own that demographic.

Edited by The conciliator

I don't think that.

I think they have a culture that does not place any emphasis on excelling school..In fact I think it's discouraged

The whole acting white thing

Ask Marvin he will confirm this

The culture worships sports heroes ...They own that demographic.

It's not a black problem, it's a problem with a certain demographic that isn't delineated along lines of colour. The common denominator is endemic poverty. If you continue to blow the smoke that it's a black culture attitude then you are not seeing the whole picture, just a coloured one.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

That is what he's arguing. It's a really ignorant argument to make but that has never stopped Danno from making it.

@ the conciliator

For what it is worth, I don't think you are a racist to be honest, but I do think you pick up too easily on the idea that these problems are unique to 'black' areas. More black people are affected by these issues and are sometimes more visible BECAUSE us white people kept them in poverty using segregation until the 60's and despite the rumours that everyone in the US is a potential millionaire, actual upward movement between socio economic groups in the US is extremely rare.

Edited by The Truth™