24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

So even after Hurricane Katrina you still need to use the New Orleans office? Just curious, I was thinking that when I had checked on offices that were close to us, ( Tennessee) that you were having to use another office. Not that it would help matters for you, where we are ( Memphis ), they are processing dates from Sept. 04 too!

Karen

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We applied July 2004 - and we are still waiting - our second anniversary is coming up in June. Atlanta didn't get Katrina (although we sure got a lot of the Katrina evacuees) so we don't even have that excuse for the delay. Even with my application transferred to California, the receipt still states there is a 270-300 day processing time - and that started October 1st. I think the 'wait' at USCIS must run on Energizer batteries - it keeps going and going and going!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

How do you check how long the wait is? - I think I'll be going thru Charlotte (will be resident in NC)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

How do you check how long the wait is? - I think I'll be going thru Charlotte (will be resident in NC)

Select your district office and ta daa!

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptim...id=ap3xpXnr70Lf

edit: don't get too exited or depressed over these dates. They (like the USCIS in general) are hit and miss.

Edited by rch99

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

We also applied in March 2004 through Atlanta. The I-485s were transferred to CSC last September and weve heard nothing. I sent an e mail to CSC to enquire what the status was and was basically told that the original date of filing doesn't count (i.e 2004) - it's the date that CSC actually receives the I-485s (October 2005). WEll now I know that's not right because the updated list of CSC transferres show much later received dates than ours ...

The receipt date shows a 270-300 day processing time ... and if I go by that then we're looking at April before I hear anything!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We live in West Palm Beach, FL, and thought we were going to have to wait 2 to 2.5 years for an interview. Well...we got one pretty quickly. I have since found out that one of my relatives stepdaughters who works for immigration was sent to the West Palm Beach office from the Vermont office to help them undig from the paperwork. Hopefully, the same thing is happening or going to happen in your local offices!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

When I applied for my AOS in 2003 through Aylanta it said it wuold take 3 years to process. Other Atlanta applicants that applied as much as a year after me were getting approved left and right. I finally got approved after 25 months. Not that that meant the end for me since they supplied me a green card with the photo of another woman so my journey is now at it's 29th month without resolution (though I suppose I'm at least approved, even if not done). Anyway....don't feel so bad. 10 months looks like a breeze compared to 25!! Best of luck on an approval.

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I have since found out that one of my relatives stepdaughters who works for immigration was sent to the West Palm Beach office from the Vermont office to help them undig from the paperwork. Hopefully, the same thing is happening or going to happen in your local offices!

Our interviewer told us he was on detail (govspeak for loan) to Philly from Dallas, in order to clear up some of the backlog.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

hi I am also with the new orleans office (now memphis after katrina). I contacted my senator and he was told 18 months approx to process :( so I still have 1 whole year to wait. the pther thing is I've been reading about cases in memphis filed mid to late 2005 getting interviews in the next 2 months. I'm praying mine comes soon too... still have not even done my biometrics. I am so upset, it seems unfair that some offices approve in 3 or less months and others in years!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.