jhuscusson

Irony

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I find it ironic that so many people here on this site are struggling to do this process legally and being ignored by the politicians, who are doing everything in their power to help the illegal aliens already in this country and streaming across the border, by giving them amnesty, welfare, jobs, education, etc.... And yet I have to send every kind of financial document I have, also sign a statement, saying that my beneficiary will not wind up on welfare. This is total madness. The thought has crossed my mind more than once that I should just fly my fiancee to Mexico and walk her across the border.

It depends on the illegal.

What if it is someone who left a country where there is war and people dying of lack of food/water?

But, yes I understand your point because it is very frustrated!

Spoiler

CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London:

July 01, 2013 Married in Wolfeboro, NH (before returning to U.K.)

July 10, 2013 I-130 sent

July 12, 2013 Notice of Receipt (NOA1)

July 22, 2013 NOA2 approved (10 days)

August 8, 2013 Packet 3 sent but never received.

August 15, 2013 Received case number after enquiry. Booked medical and sent packet 3 forms.

August 31, 2013 Medical

Sept 18, 2013 Packet 3 forms logged into the system

Sept 24, 2013 Packet 4 received (dated September 19)

October 4, 2013 Interview *approved*

October 9, 2013 Passport received

November 12, 2013 POE Los Angeles

November 22, 2013 Social Security Number received

December 20, 2013 Green Card received.

Removal of Conditions:

September 4, 2015 I-751 sent

September 8, 2015 NOA

October 8, 2015 Biometrics

April 22, 2016 Approved

N-400 Naturalization Application:

July 5, 2018 N-400 filed (online)

July 7, 2018 Biometrics appointment letter mailed

July 23, 2018 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

I find it ironic that so many people here on this site are struggling to do this process legally and being ignored by the politicians, who are doing everything in their power to help the illegal aliens already in this country and streaming across the border, by giving them amnesty, welfare, jobs, education, etc.... And yet I have to send every kind of financial document I have, also sign a statement, saying that my beneficiary will not wind up on welfare. This is total madness. The thought has crossed my mind more than once that I should just fly my fiancee to Mexico and walk her across the border.

yes I think you have many more illegal immigrants to talk to before you come up with that one

I know several

all live in fear and have problems regularly

biggest problem is that most of these that we are referring to in legislation were brought here when they were young... that being said, would you tell a Mexican national who has been here since the age of 2, growing up here in the states and now is 30 years old to get out of here???

it is an unfortunate situation I agree with the amount of time it takes to get a petition approved for sure

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

People say this a lot on this site, and it comes down to the fact that they don't actually know what illegal aliens get. They don't get lots of free stuff and a puppy.

Your wife will be a LPR in the US in no time, with a legal status and rights and protections. The illegals would give an eye tooth to be in her position.

The wait is too long, that's for sure, but it will be over in the blink of an eye and the pain of waiting will melt away.

You miss the point. I am talking about the push now to grant amnesty those who have bypassed the legal method of immigration (which i am all for by the way) and reward them for doing so.

You miss the point. I am talking about the push now to grant amnesty those who have bypassed the legal method of immigration (which i am all for by the way) and reward them for doing so.

No, you miss the point if you think that is what it is all about.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from US Citizenship to Hot Topics discussion as not about the naturalisation process *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I'm more frustrated that there is 0 talk about fixing the broken legal immigration system. I know stuff needs to be done about the undocumented and dreamers but I never hear anything about fixing things for people going the legal route. There should be a discussion about both. I make sure to explain the legal process to anyone I talk to so they understand how difficult and expensive it is. So many people say, why doesn't he just come here and you guys get married? They are oblivious that its not legal to do that and the legal way takes many months. Worst part I think is the separation. If we could be together during the wait it would be so much better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The amnesty is for children brought here by their parents. These children have lived as US citizens for their entire life. Giving them amnesty is simply the right thing to do.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Timeline

I'm more frustrated that there is 0 talk about fixing the broken legal immigration system. I know stuff needs to be done about the undocumented and dreamers but I never hear anything about fixing things for people going the legal route. There should be a discussion about both. I make sure to explain the legal process to anyone I talk to so they understand how difficult and expensive it is. So many people say, why doesn't he just come here and you guys get married? They are oblivious that its not legal to do that and the legal way takes many months. Worst part I think is the separation. If we could be together during the wait it would be so much better.

I agree. I was totally unaware of the complexity of this process until I decided to get engaged to my fiancé. Considering she knew nothing about the process, it left me to figure out the hoops I had to jump through. Its not only confusing, its a long process which makes it worse.

If it was not for this site I'd be a basket case by now. ;)

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-17-2013 - NOA1

11-5-2013  -  Approved

The amnesty is for children brought here by their parents. These children have lived as US citizens for their entire life. Giving them amnesty is simply the right thing to do.

I think the compassion angle is a good one, but personally, I am more convinced by a different angle that this is a good thing to do. These people got their education here and were raised here, and now they should turn around and use that education to work and pay taxes, paying it all back into the US system. I want the nation to benefit from their tax money, their education, and hopefully some ingenuity, instead of kicking them out to put their American education to good use in Mexico. I'd rather they put it to use here.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I really don't care that they were "brought here as children through no fault of their own" That's B.S. Children pay for the mistakes of their parents all the time. What about all the children that have 1 or both parents locked up because they broke the law? Should we give them special treatment? I mean after all their life sucks through no fault of their own.

First they need to fix the LEGAL immigration system before they even look at this DACA business. It's silly that it takes a year to get your spouse here legally. Of course that will never happen because both political parties are now falling all over each other to get the Hispanic vote.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I really don't care that they were "brought here as children through no fault of their own" That's B.S. Children pay for the mistakes of their parents all the time. What about all the children that have 1 or both parents locked up because they broke the law? Should we give them special treatment? I mean after all their life sucks through no fault of their own.

First they need to fix the LEGAL immigration system before they even look at this DACA business. It's silly that it takes a year to get your spouse here legally. Of course that will never happen because both political parties are now falling all over each other to get the Hispanic vote.

There is that moment when all the BS is pushed aside and the truth washes over you like a refreshing shower.

Thank you

Timeline

When your parents go to jail you usually get to stay in the country.

South American illegals don't bother me...it's not like they are coming here taking all the IT jobs. No, those jobs are fast tracked by our "legal" immigration process.

American's are spoiled rotten and perpetually pissed off, that's why they make this an issue. Always wanting more, but don't appreciate what we already have. Blame it on "those guys" (insert current group).

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-17-2013 - NOA1

11-5-2013  -  Approved