kristinebelle

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case

3,441 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My case is the same with 'My Fingerprint Fee was received' displayed and has been since I filed. It means your case hasn't been adjudicated or approved yet and you're still waiting to be processed. The message will change when you are approved. Good luck. What date did you get your NPIW letter?

Mine still say s fingerprint fee acceptance since March 10. Waiver lettered dated June 5th. And still waiting

Green card received 12-9-14! NPIW received 6-5-14. Right at 6 months from notice to receipt of green card. Yay!

Congratulations!! :dancing:

Did you guys got any updates on your case before they approved it? Like my case is in Initial Review and it hasn't move or update since they received the fingerprints back in March.

And was your case transfer to a local office or was it at the benefit center?

I am so glad you guys got your GC on time, Congrats!

Your wait for a response to your Sevice Request is inexcusable and intolerable. We got an answer to our request (submitted on 12/4/2014) today (12/11/2014). Their excuse to you was the typical party line they've been telling all of us for a long time. Our response was useless - hurry up and wait for adjudication. They didn't even properly address our concern that we are outside the porcessing time for NYC office. They said our request was for "Non-delivery of Other Notice"; They simply regurgitated the same information off the My Case website. They said if "...if our response does not meet your expectations, or you believe we have not addressed your concerns, please schedule InfoPass appointment to speak with an immigration officer..." All of us know that going to a local USCIS office and talking to someone not in anyway involved in our case will give us no useful information. They will simply say: hurry up and wait...

It's not worth our time...so we simply sit back and wait for our response to a service request by my lawyer, a Congressional inquiry and a Senatorial inquiry...much good they'll do...

Congratulations to all the recent GC approvals...we revel in your happiness in anticipation of our own in the near future...

I am sorry to hear about your response, I understand how you may feel. We decided to call one more time today USCIS and talk to someone else and see what they would say this time.

So the first lady that we spoke was confirming what we already know about our case. it is outside the processing time. really???? so since we already filed a service request in November 3rd, she asked us to file it one more time since we didn't received anything in the mail and wait to 30 days, but 2 days ago I called and another associate said that if we filed for another service request we would delay our response even more by creating more tickets, but today she said that if we would create another case it would go to our case number an another officer will be assign and we should have someone working on it.

Since every time that we have talked to USCIS we get a different story we asked for a supervisor, she transferred the call and her supervisor was giving us the same details but she told us that our case is still at the benefit center but it should go to a local office first for us to get our interview and then approved or denied our case, she said that she couldn't give us anymore details about our case but she offered the option to transfer us to tier 3 which I thought there was only tier 2 but anyway we were placed on Hold for about an hour and we finally got this officer that to begin with, He was rude, he asked me for my first name which I misunderstood his question and gave him my last name then he said very loud "I ASKED FOR YOUR FIRST NAME", then after I gave him my first name I decided to spell in case he didn't understood which he replied with, "I didn't know asked you to spell, I can see your name, just give me your information." so then we explained our case and then he said, "an Officer was assigned to your case and he is working on it, you should have a resolution worst case scenario 60 days otherwise give us a call back" which we replied by asking for the location of our case and then we asked him just to briefly confirm what he said to check that we didn't misunderstood since he had an accent and we had a little bit of trouble understanding. He said " I have not time to go through this again and I have customers waiting on the phone" then he hang up.

this is unbelievable and very disrespectful, I guess we have no other choice than wait 60 days and then give them a call, liked you said just sit and wait.

We haven't ask to our congresswoman for help because all I've read in other comments are that they are as helpful as USCIS, but I guess she will be our last resort.

Keep me update it with your case and I hope you can hear good new soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Some good news for me.. checked my case status tonight and it says that they ordered my green card today (12th Dec). Does anyone know how long roughly it will take for me to get that? I think it was about a week for the EAD card.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Some good news for me.. checked my case status tonight and it says that they ordered my green card today (12th Dec). Does anyone know how long roughly it will take for me to get that? I think it was about a week for the EAD card.

Congratulations! It's really good news! I think it would take around a week for you to get GC. Can I ask when did you file I 485? and when did you receive interview waiver letter?

AOS from K1

04/04/14 - USCIS received date

04/08/14 - Fingerprint fee accepted

04/09/14 - USCIS Noa1 notice date and check cashed next day

04/11/14 - Got text/e-mail notification for I-485, I-131 and I-765 at 1:09 a.m. & check cleared in the morning

05/06/14 - Fingerprint done

06/12/14 - EAD card production date & AP approval date

06/20/14 - Received EAD/AP Combo card in hand + text/email notice for delivery status :lol:

07/14/14 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case dated 07/10/14

02/24/15 - Renewal EAD/AP Noa Date

03/18/15 - Requested help from Ombudsman

03/19/15 - One fingerprint done for EAD renewal

03/25/15 - Requested help from Senator

04/01/15 - Case has been transferred to field office in Columbus, Ohio

04/09/15 - Card was ordered

04/16/15 - Card mailed

04/18/15 - Received GC in hands finally! (no welcome notice)

ROC

02/21/17 - Sent package to VSC

02/23/17 - Package delivered 

03/30/17 - Finger print done

N 400

01/10/18 - Online application sent

01/11/18 - NOA Receipt PDF posted online

01/13/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled status (wait for PDF)

01/13/18 - NOA Receipt delivered

01/16/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled PDF uploaded

02/01/18 - Fingerprint done (get text & email alert but no update + estimated time changed to 4 months)

02/02/18 - Case status changed to We review your biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my GC today!

That's good news for everyone in this forum! Everyone should be getting their GC soon!!!

We filed AOS on January 29, 2014

I received EAD and AP early april and the potential Interview Waiver Case letter May 15, 2014.

This morning (December 08,2014) I got an e-mail saying that our Status changed to Card Production on December 06/2014.

I am so excited and relieved.

It took 311 days from filing AOS to Card in Production, and 207 days from the Interview waiver letter.

UPDATE:

Feb AOS filers with PIW letter Jun 5, and today (Dec 8) we received the GC. I truly hope for those still waiting that good news will arrive quickly. Happy holidays to everyone!

FINALLY!!! HALLELUJAH! Got the text message my hubby's card is FINALLY in production. For those of you waiting just hang in there, our process took 11 months from the time of filing! And don't be afraid to put in a service request if you go over the 6 months from your waiver letter.

My husband got his welcome letter yesterday and the greencard was mailed yesterday. We filed in February and got the Interview waiver letter in May. Here's hoping they're working on these, and everyone starts getting approvals!

Green card received 12-9-14! NPIW received 6-5-14. Right at 6 months from notice to receipt of green card. Yay!

Wew! Long back read! LOL

I am happy for you guys! Congratulations!

For those who are still waiting for their Green card just hang in there and keep praying, they might just surprise you with Welcome letter soon. :)

Have a Merry Happy Christmas to everyone.

AOS

02/28/2014 I-485 & I-765 Package sent

03/04/2014 Package received at the USCIS (NOA I-797C)

03/07/2014 Notice date (NOA I-797)

03/09/2014 Text and Email received from USCIS

03/11/2014 NOA for I-485 and I-765 hard copy received<p>

03/17/2014 Biometrics Appointment for 04/04/2014

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/04/2014 EAD card on hand

06/05/2014 NPIWC

11/24/2014 WELCOME Notice

11/28/2014 Green Card Received! :dancing::)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations! It's really good news! I think it would take around a week for you to get GC. Can I ask when did you file I 485? and when did you receive interview waiver letter?

Thanks! I really should update our time line. I filed back in February, and received the waiver letter June 3rd. I don't think you were too long after? So hopefully you get yours soon too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I Have a movement everubody!!!! Waiver letter June 5, lást night they make decision And the card is going to arrive on February 10, some body has something like this???

On December 12, 2014, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by February 10, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I Have a movement everubody!!!! Waiver letter June 5, lást night they make decision And the card is going to arrive on February 10, some body has something like this???

On December 12, 2014, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by February 10, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later

Congrats. I have the same date on the waiver letter. And March 10 fingerprint fee received with no changes

I am sorry to hear about your response, I understand how you may feel. We decided to call one more time today USCIS and talk to someone else and see what they would say this time.

So the first lady that we spoke was confirming what we already know about our case. it is outside the processing time. really???? so since we already filed a service request in November 3rd, she asked us to file it one more time since we didn't received anything in the mail and wait to 30 days, but 2 days ago I called and another associate said that if we filed for another service request we would delay our response even more by creating more tickets, but today she said that if we would create another case it would go to our case number an another officer will be assign and we should have someone working on it.

Since every time that we have talked to USCIS we get a different story we asked for a supervisor, she transferred the call and her supervisor was giving us the same details but she told us that our case is still at the benefit center but it should go to a local office first for us to get our interview and then approved or denied our case, she said that she couldn't give us anymore details about our case but she offered the option to transfer us to tier 3 which I thought there was only tier 2 but anyway we were placed on Hold for about an hour and we finally got this officer that to begin with, He was rude, he asked me for my first name which I misunderstood his question and gave him my last name then he said very loud "I ASKED FOR YOUR FIRST NAME", then after I gave him my first name I decided to spell in case he didn't understood which he replied with, "I didn't know asked you to spell, I can see your name, just give me your information." so then we explained our case and then he said, "an Officer was assigned to your case and he is working on it, you should have a resolution worst case scenario 60 days otherwise give us a call back" which we replied by asking for the location of our case and then we asked him just to briefly confirm what he said to check that we didn't misunderstood since he had an accent and we had a little bit of trouble understanding. He said " I have not time to go through this again and I have customers waiting on the phone" then he hang up.

this is unbelievable and very disrespectful, I guess we have no other choice than wait 60 days and then give them a call, liked you said just sit and wait.

We haven't ask to our congresswoman for help because all I've read in other comments are that they are as helpful as USCIS, but I guess she will be our last resort.

Keep me update it with your case and I hope you can hear good new soon!

Your story precisely illustrates the unchecked nature of this very convoluted bureacracy. Different people give partial or even incorrect information because it appears different Tiers have access to different information. Tier 1 personnel appear to be the doormat for USCIS. Most callers stop here because they don't know or are not told there is a higher level(s) of communication. I bet we are all surprised that there is a Tier 3. There are probably very few of them and they field the most irrate or concerned of the delayed decisions. Their rudeness to you was uncalled for.

I believe it is never a bad thing to get your Congressman and Senator(s) involved. I know that you will probably get the same answer, but as your case gets even further outside of the processing date at your local office (even though your case is at NBC, which has no processing date -- which gives them plausible deniability to say that you in fact are NOT outside the "processing date"), your Congressman(woman) will have more ammunition and concern about the injustices done to a constituent (depending on the Representative and whether or not they are vulnerable in the next election - not to be too cynical). Tell your Rep about your Tier 3 experience... Senators, who knows...

Not unlike the VA, the USCIS had an executive bonus system based on performance in their units. Hence the continued advancing processing dates for I-485's at are local offices, beyond our NOA date while we all rot in the NBC where I-485's have no such processing date. They look good at our expence. This however should be no surprise to any of us who have any experience with any agency of this (or any) government... http://qa-env.www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/DHSFR/HTML/DHSFR/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-9444/0-0-0-9466/0-0-0-10872.html

We are not far behind you, ours was filed mid March with a PWI date of 6/27/14. Your future (hopefully near future) success means us later June PWI waiters should not be far behind. Keep on plugging...We're all watching and reading...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Your story precisely illustrates the unchecked nature of this very convoluted bureacracy. Different people give partial or even incorrect information because it appears different Tiers have access to different information. Tier 1 personnel appear to be the doormat for USCIS. Most callers stop here because they don't know or are not told there is a higher level(s) of communication. I bet we are all surprised that there is a Tier 3. There are probably very few of them and they field the most irrate or concerned of the delayed decisions. Their rudeness to you was uncalled for.

I believe it is never a bad thing to get your Congressman and Senator(s) involved. I know that you will probably get the same answer, but as your case gets even further outside of the processing date at your local office (even though your case is at NBC, which has no processing date -- which gives them plausible deniability to say that you in fact are NOT outside the "processing date"), your Congressman(woman) will have more ammunition and concern about the injustices done to a constituent (depending on the Representative and whether or not they are vulnerable in the next election - not to be too cynical). Tell your Rep about your Tier 3 experience... Senators, who knows...

Not unlike the VA, the USCIS had an executive bonus system based on performance in their units. Hence the continued advancing processing dates for I-485's at are local offices, beyond our NOA date while we all rot in the NBC where I-485's have no such processing date. They look good at our expence. This however should be no surprise to any of us who have any experience with any agency of this (or any) government... http://qa-env.www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/DHSFR/HTML/DHSFR/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-9444/0-0-0-9466/0-0-0-10872.html

We are not far behind you, ours was filed mid March with a PWI date of 6/27/14. Your future (hopefully near future) success means us later June PWI waiters should not be far behind. Keep on plugging...We're all watching and reading...

I agree. Our PWI letter is also 6/27/14. We will also be watching and reading. After putting in a service request on Thursday, I received a flurry of texts on Friday. They were of course updating their site as they were old notices. All the receipts including the one for my most recent request came from Newark, NJ. I will be contacting my Congressman this week, who knows. I'm exasperated by the whole dysfunctional process.

K1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Naples, Italy
I-129F Sent : 2013-07-18
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-07-25
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-10-30
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-11-06
RFE Received: 2013-11-13
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-22

I-129F NOA2 by mail: 2013-11-29

Sent to NVC: 2013-12-11

NVC Received: 2013-12-19

NVC Left: 2013-12-20

CEAC Status Change: 2013-12-20

Consulate Received: 2013-12-23

Packet 3 Received / Sent: 2013-12-31

Packet 4 Received: 2014-1-02

Interview Date: 2014-02-11

Ineterview Result: Approved!!

Visa Received: 2014/02/12

US Entry: 2014/02/20

Marriage: 2014/02/24

AOS: 2014/03/10

Approval: 2014/12/20

Green Card Received: 2014/12/31

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : Vermont Service Center
Date Filed : 2016-09-23
NOA Date : 2016-10-03
RFE(s) :  

Bio.

Approved:

Card Received:                                    N400

Date Filed:

NOA Received:

Biometrics Appt:

Interview:

Oath:

2016-11-04

2017-30-08

2017-23-09

2017-23-09

2017-03-10

2017-31-10

2018-15-03

2018-15-03

I agree. Our PWI letter is also 6/27/14. We will also be watching and reading. After putting in a service request on Thursday, I received a flurry of texts on Friday. They were of course updating their site as they were old notices. All the receipts including the one for my most recent request came from Newark, NJ. I will be contacting my Congressman this week, who knows. I'm exasperated by the whole dysfunctional process.

I glad to see others with a 6/27 PWI letter date. With all the members with 6/5 and 7/29 dates, we were feeling like outliers. I guess we are in the inbetween batch...Let us know what your congressman says...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Congratulations!! :dancing:

Did you guys got any updates on your case before they approved it? Like my case is in Initial Review and it hasn't move or update since they received the fingerprints back in March.

And was your case transfer to a local office or was it at the benefit center?

I am so glad you guys got your GC on time, Congrats!

The only update we got was when the Welcome letter was sent. The next day there was another update stating they had sent the card. No updates from February to December. It was processed at the National Benefits Center and wasn't transferred.

Entered in error.

Edited by Derwood
Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have my combo card and got the possible waiver letter, but we can't understand what is important about the "green card". I know I would have to renew in one year, but is there a benefit to the green card that I haven't clued in to? Other than the possibility of not being allowed back in when I leave. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.