RaymondLinda

We are sending our I-129f package tomorrow and we need HELP?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance' and I have prepared everything that we need to send our I-129f package tomorrow. I have read from

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa that we need to make TWO copies of the entire package before we send it in. Why is that? Is it okay if my fiance' just scan the paper works he filled in and email them to me instead of printing out the entire package?... what about our photos that he sent.. should he print 2 copies also?

heart.gif Our Timeline heart.gif

September 9, 2013: I-129F application - packet sent

September 14, 2013: Received NOA1 via text

September 20, 2013: Received NOA1 (hard copy mailed)

October 18, 2013: Alien Registeration Number changed

They don't accept scanned papers otherwise you would get an RFE. They want "originals" with signed on it. Someone gave me advise that I should use blue ink instead black one because they would think it is scanned papers when we use black ink for signature. Good luck!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance' and I have prepared everything that we need to send our I-129f package tomorrow. I have read from

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa that we need to make TWO copies of the entire package before we send it in. Why is that? Is it okay if my fiance' just scan the paper works he filled in and email them to me instead of printing out the entire package?... what about our photos that he sent.. should he print 2 copies also?

So long as you have a backup of everything you send, then it is fine if you just send the scans to your fiance(e). The foreign fiance(e) just needs access to the I-129F papers you send so they can read through them and know exactly what was sent. The CO can form questions at the K-1 interview based on the info you provide with the I-129F.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

The second copy is for your reference. So as long as you have access to it in case you need anything that should be fine. I brought a copy of it to the interview as well just to be on the safe side.

Timeline

The second copy is for your reference. So as long as you have access to it in case you need anything that should be fine. I brought a copy of it to the interview as well just to be on the safe side.

Thank you! That helps a lot...

I think one of the forms changed (129 or 325) as of June 30 2013. It states to use black ink.

What do you mean use black ink?

So long as you have a backup of everything you send, then it is fine if you just send the scans to your fiance(e). The foreign fiance(e) just needs access to the I-129F papers you send so they can read through them and know exactly what was sent. The CO can form questions at the K-1 interview based on the info you provide with the I-129F.

Thank you very much...

Timeline

The new 129F (expires 6/30/2016) at start here states to type or print in black ink.

It expires in 2016 and yes we filled in that form.. I mean we typed in...

The new 129F (expires 6/30/2016) at start here states to type or print in black ink.

Yes, it is. It means that you filled out papers by using black ink. Which is whether you typed by computer or write down by hands, you use blank ink. But it did not say signature. I am just follow some people here, they've got an RFE because adjudicator might be think it was scanned papers by signed it use black ink though they already sent the original ones.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Yes, it is. It means that you filled out papers by using black ink. Which is whether you typed by computer or write down by hands, you use blank ink. But it did not say signature. I am just follow some people here, they've got an RFE because adjudicator might be think it was scanned papers by signed it use black ink though they already sent the original ones.

I do send my original forms by typing them in and signed them by hand... we didn't scan anything.. we sent all originals except my fiance's birth certificate... I think it should fine?

I do send my original forms by typing them in and signed them by hand... we didn't scan anything.. we sent all originals except my fiance's birth certificate... I think it should fine?

I do think it should fine. If you send passport stamps as one of your supporting documents for evidence met in person do not forget to include ID page. Another Vjer got an RFE because she forgot to include it. I did forget. So, I am just expecting an RFE anytime soon. Good luck.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

I do think it should fine. If you send passport stamps as one of your supporting documents for evidence met in person do not forget to include ID page. Another Vjer got an RFE because she forgot to include it. I did forget. So, I am just expecting an RFE anytime soon. Good luck.

What is an ID page? Is it the page in the passport that has your picture on it?...

What is an ID page? Is it the page in the passport that has your picture on it?...

Yes it is. The ID page that has your information including the passport number.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Yes it is. The ID page that has your information including the passport number.

Thank you so so much for the quick reply.

Only the copy of my fiance who is a US citizen's passport, right? He's sending them tomorrow.

I don't think I need to send or show my passport until the paper works reached to the American embassy in Thailand.

Thank you so so much for the quick reply.

Only the copy of my fiance who is a US citizen's passport, right? He's sending them tomorrow.

I don't think I need to send or show my passport until the paper works reached to the American embassy in Thailand.

No, both of you. Passport stamps show to adjudicator that you're both already met in person. They would match the entries and exits on both of your and fiance's passports. Passport stamps just a few things of evidence you need to present to them

If you don't mind my asking, what other supporting documents your fiance would send ensemble into the I-129F?

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.