bmusician08

affidavits sworn by two people for I-129F

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for I-129F and me and my fiance met outside of the US. I have my tickets and itineraries for my travels meeting with her and plenty of pictures me and her and family and friends together. Now I only need to have two persons to write me affidavits.

My questions are:

1. Does the letter need to be notarized?

2. Do the people need to be US residents?

Best regards,

CS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for I-129F and me and my fiance met outside of the US. I have my tickets and itineraries for my travels meeting with her and plenty of pictures me and her and family and friends together. Now I only need to have two persons to write me affidavits.

My questions are:

1. Does the letter need to be notarized?

2. Do the people need to be US residents?

Best regards,

CS

For the Filing of a 129-F. You need neither of these. No Notary, No signed affidavits. Who told you that ? Make a timeline please.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I included 3 letters written by US citizens in my I-129f application vouching for my fiancee and my relationship. They are not required but never hurt I suppose. Mine were not notarized. The people who wrote the letters were never contacted either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

You do not need an affidavit when you're sending your K1 packet. However, you'll need one at a later date once your beneficiary will have to go their national embassy for the medical examination and interview.

And no, it doesn't have to be notarized.

More information can be found here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Passport stamps are excellent evidence.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My wife is from Iran also, we first met in Turkey. We never sent any affidavits from other people with our packets. It simply would have been impossible, since I never met any of her family or friends from Iran and she never met any of my family or friends in the US until after she arrived here. This was never really a problem for us and it did not come up in her interview either. Their only concern was how we would communicate (I am not Iranian and my Farsi is limited) so she did the interview in English. The other thing they wanted from her was information about our travels together, what we did, where we stayed. etc...

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You do not need an affidavit when you're sending your K1 packet. However, you'll need one at a later date once your beneficiary will have to go their national embassy for the medical examination and interview.

And no, it doesn't have to be notarized.

More information can be found here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=720b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

They were speaking of affidavits from individuals attesting to the fact they met and/or their relationship being real, and not the affidavit of support form.

OP> Affidavits are not a requirement, so it would not matter if they were US residents or not, nor would it matter if you had them notarized or not. If you still wish to include them, you certainly can but I doubt they will carry much weight for the approval of the I-129F or K-1 visa.

As A&B stated, be sure to include copies of the passport stamps from your visits together. You need to prove you met face-to-face within the 2 years prior to filing. That plus both of you being free and legally able to marry are the 2 main requirements of the I-129F petition.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.