HumblePie

Wondering my chances in getting a tourist visa for my gf

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi i'm new here at Visajourney and I must say this a great site with a great group of people who are so willing to help. The atmosphere here has really given my situation even more hope... because I know that someone somewhere is willing to help when two people are trying to live the rest of their lives together. :)

I have a few questions. I am currently in a long distance relationship with a wonderful young lady from the Philippines. I have been in this relationship with her for over three months. It has come that point in time where things have gotten a bit serious and we have both put serious thought in maybe taking this relationship a step further. Well with my situation I would like to file for her a tourist visa before we truly decide our fates (lol...) so we can see and actually touch each other. My case is unique in the fact that I feel it would be safer for her to come here then me going to her in the phils.. and that is due to my health. I am a diabetic but along with that I have a sensitivity to certain medicines along with sensitive skin. I would think that I would need to have certain shots and medicines when traveling abroad especially in a climate such as the phils and quite frankly I feel that I would be putting myself in harms way and doing way more harm than good... in this quest of love. Maybe I could be EXTRA EXTRA careful and still try and visit her in the phils but i honestly dont want to go somewhere with unnecessary risks when I am in constant risk myself within my own home environment.

I also hear that since the phils is such a high-risk country then that getting a tourist visa into the States is slim. I also understand she would have to prove she has strong ties to her country to prove she would go back. Well she has a daughter as well as her whole family.. her mother her sisters and her brothers and countless other family members so I would think that wouldn't be too hard to prove.

Along with that I would be able to fully fund her visit as well and she would be able to prove her own income because she works as well. If things are well if she is able to visit then I was going to go ahead and file for a K-1 after proof we have met each other because I do understand that we must meet first before getting a K-1. So what I am asking to my fellow friends is that what would be my best course of action in this situation and my health or better yet what are my chances in actually getting a tourist visa for her to comer here? Will I have to bite the bullet and risk my health to go see her? I hope not :( but I would certainly do that for this woman.. she has given me hope beyond anything I could imagine.

Cliff Notes for the non-readers :) : I want a tourist visa for my long distance girlfriend from the phils to come here because I have health conditions that may not allow me to travel to her country. I want to get this tourist visa and then if the visit is well go ahead and apply for K-1.

Slim. Maybe you can meet in Mexico or something.

Also, really research any dangers in travelling instead if just "deciding" it is dangerous.

I would think that I would need to have certain shots and medicines when traveling abroad especially in a climate such as the phils

But you are not sure? You should check this with your doc and CDC before you write it off.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Getting a tourist visa for her will be very difficult. Not only is the Philippines a high risk country, but even people who are middle to upper class are known to absolutely want to live and stay in the US. I don't really know why it's just that mentality that it's greener pastures yaddah yaddah. Also, since her purpose of visit is to meet you, that will be a big red flag as she might have intent to immigrate. She will need to have very VERY strong ties, but even that the CO might still deny her.

You can try to have her file, then if it gets denied. then you will have to arrange maybe to meet at Singapore, or better yet just stay in a hotel room in the Philippines the entire time.

engaged happy.png - February 2013

129F NOA1 receipt date- March 11, 2013 (NOA1 sent March 13, 2013)

Touched - Name spelling correction - March 20, 2013

Transferred to TSC - July 10, 2013

NOA2 - July 23 smile.png

Shipped to NVC - August 15

NVC Received - August 22

Auckland Consulate Received- August 28

Packet 3 Received - September 7

Medical - September 9

Packet 3 Sent - September 9

Packet 4 Received - Sept 11

Interview - Sept 19

Visa received - Sept 26

POE - 25 December luv.gif

Wedding - 11 January heart.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you're being a bit harsh... Some people do fall in love with the love of their life after only 3 months. Some people also have health issues, I don't think the OP would like to go to the phils, get sick and just have the girl take care of him there. - then that would result to her being a caregiver. Not a very great first meeting really.

With that being said, to the OP, chances are very slim.

Yeah, your right. I was harsh. I hope the OP sees that plane ticket is best and then start the Petition. No petition can be started on a Tourist Visa. Love is odd.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi i'm new here at Visajourney and I must say this a great site with a great group of people who are so willing to help. The atmosphere here has really given my situation even more hope... because I know that someone somewhere is willing to help when two people are trying to live the rest of their lives together. smile.png
I have a few questions. I am currently in a long distance relationship with a wonderful young lady from the Philippines. I have been in this relationship with her for over three months. It has come that point in time where things have gotten a bit serious and we have both put serious thought in maybe taking this relationship a step further. Well with my situation I would like to file for her a tourist visa before we truly decide our fates (lol...) so we can see and actually touch each other. My case is unique in the fact that I feel it would be safer for her to come here then me going to her in the phils.. and that is due to my health. I am a diabetic but along with that I have a sensitivity to certain medicines along with sensitive skin. I would think that I would need to have certain shots and medicines when traveling abroad especially in a climate such as the phils and quite frankly I feel that I would be putting myself in harms way and doing way more harm than good... in this quest of love. Maybe I could be EXTRA EXTRA careful and still try and visit her in the phils but i honestly dont want to go somewhere with unnecessary risks when I am in constant risk myself within my own home environment.
I also hear that since the phils is such a high-risk country then that getting a tourist visa into the States is slim. I also understand she would have to prove she has strong ties to her country to prove she would go back. Well she has a daughter as well as her whole family.. her mother her sisters and her brothers and countless other family members so I would think that wouldn't be too hard to prove.
Along with that I would be able to fully fund her visit as well and she would be able to prove her own income because she works as well. If things are well if she is able to visit then I was going to go ahead and file for a K-1 after proof we have met each other because I do understand that we must meet first before getting a K-1. So what I am asking to my fellow friends is that what would be my best course of action in this situation and my health or better yet what are my chances in actually getting a tourist visa for her to comer here? Will I have to bite the bullet and risk my health to go see her? I hope not sad.png but I would certainly do that for this woman.. she has given me hope beyond anything I could imagine.
Cliff Notes for the non-readers smile.png : I want a tourist visa for my long distance girlfriend from the phils to come here because I have health conditions that may not allow me to travel to her country. I want to get this tourist visa and then if the visit is well go ahead and apply for K-1.

You don't have anything to do with her tourist visa. She has to apply and be granted the visa on the merits of the case. These tourist visas are hard to obtain from these high fraud countries.

The " strong ties" you describe will not be enough to satisfy the requirements. When she describes the reason for the for the visit it will end any discussion anyway. These decisions are made many times before the person ever steps up to window.

You will have to overcome your medical needs and plan a trip to the P I. Keep in mind the P I has good medical facilities in many parts of the country.

Timeline

You don't have anything to do with her tourist visa. She has to apply and be granted the visa on the merits of the case. These tourist visas are hard to obtain from these high fraud countries.

The " strong ties" you describe will not be enough to satisfy the requirements. When she describes the reason for the for the visit it will end any discussion anyway. These decisions are made many times before the person ever steps up to window.

You will have to overcome your medical needs and plan a trip to the P I. Keep in mind the P I has good medical facilities in many parts of the country.

And this is exactly what I think as well. Get her all excited, pay the way for her. And your all excited she's coming. and then, Denied Entry. You OP are the USC. So go chase what you must chase. But, you know... GO FOR IT !

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one very unhelpful post removed along with one quoting. there's zero need for that kind of post. any further posts like that and you won't like the result.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

don't know what warranted Tom/Mav to respond in that way towards me but nonetheless I appreciate your input.wow.gif

Thank you very much Ning, and everyone else who has responded positively and thank everyone for the information

I say that this relationship is three months and that I have strong feelings for her.. never have I said that this was happening tomorrow or anything. At earliest it was going to be this time next year before meeting.. me and my gf understand that this is going to be a long and hard road but we truly do have Love for each other and feel time is of no issue.. so for someone to look down upon this post as phony and as "prepared" truly does hurt but i ignore these comments.. because I know what me and this woman have... "swallow some Geritol" ummm i'm 28 and shie is 25.. .young people have health issues too so sorry for that rolleyes.gif

I know now that I will just have to get as healthy as possible and go visit her. Like I said I am more than willing to do that but was wondering about my health... and thanks everyone for the input. I guess I will be going to the phils next year dancin5hr.gif Love is a strong and strange force my friends... and thanks once again everyone.. good luck to all you couples out there going through your process. I wish the best to you all.

Timeline

don't know what warranted Tom/Mav to respond in that way towards me but nonetheless I appreciate your input.wow.gif

Thank you very much Ning, and everyone else who has responded positively and thank everyone for the information

I say that this relationship is three months and that I have strong feelings for her.. never have I said that this was happening tomorrow or anything. At earliest it was going to be this time next year before meeting.. me and my gf understand that this is going to be a long and hard road but we truly do have Love for each other and feel time is of no issue.. so for someone to look down upon this post as phony and as "prepared" truly does hurt but i ignore these comments.. because I know what me and this woman have... "swallow some Geritol" ummm i'm 28 and shie is 25.. .young people have health issues too so sorry for that rolleyes.gif

I know now that I will just have to get as healthy as possible and go visit her. Like I said I am more than willing to do that but was wondering about my health... and thanks everyone for the input. I guess I will be going to the phils next year dancin5hr.gif Love is a strong and strange force my friends... and thanks once again everyone.. good luck to all you couples out there going through your process. I wish the best to you all.

Have a good flight and stay in contact. And: Who is Tom.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

simple typo... Tim/Mav whistling.gif

Well. my point young man. What you started with here in your original changed your whole mind of thinking. Now you know the directions. Your reading these has helped now so that you maybe happy. Members here always try and tell you the Truth.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

I just realized what some of you were saying when you said "caregiver" and Im truly appalled. I am not looking for a caregiver/housemaid/ or any other cliche "overseas" long distance relationship title you want to call it... My relationship is genuine with this wonderful human being and to comment in such a way without even knowing either me or the person I am involved with actually surprises me coming from such a wonderful community and all.. I just was asking questions in regards to traveling because that is just the kind of guy I am.. I like to take precautions. I am not crippled, or blind, or weakened. I just so happen to have sensitivities to certain things (medicine, air quality, etc...) due to bad upper respiratory problems (bronchitis, acute asthma). I also happen to be a diabetic as well... but in no way am I hampered to travel as far as mobility or things of that nature... I'm just your regular 28 year old guy that just so happens to have a few problems... in which i should be aware of my environment. So sorry to bother anyone with my inconvenience and my story ... I was just looking for input and I greatly appreciate the ones who responded in a positive light. I know what to do now.. so thanks again guys.

Edited by HumblePie

Don't worry Humblepie. Some people are wackos.

I strongly suggest though that you get real information on the "air quality" and things in PI before just deciding it is unhealthy.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good to know that you are considering visiting her. Which part of the phils are you going to? Some areas have more air pollution than others. I've lived in Manila the majority of my life, and pollution is horrendous. If you were to go there, my advice would be to hop on cabs and just stay at a hotel near where she is. I suggest posting in the Philippines portal section of the forums and getting specific info there.

engaged happy.png - February 2013

129F NOA1 receipt date- March 11, 2013 (NOA1 sent March 13, 2013)

Touched - Name spelling correction - March 20, 2013

Transferred to TSC - July 10, 2013

NOA2 - July 23 smile.png

Shipped to NVC - August 15

NVC Received - August 22

Auckland Consulate Received- August 28

Packet 3 Received - September 7

Medical - September 9

Packet 3 Sent - September 9

Packet 4 Received - Sept 11

Interview - Sept 19

Visa received - Sept 26

POE - 25 December luv.gif

Wedding - 11 January heart.gif

Good to know that you are considering visiting her. Which part of the phils are you going to? Some areas have more air pollution than others. I've lived in Manila the majority of my life, and pollution is horrendous. If you were to go there, my advice would be to hop on cabs and just stay at a hotel near where she is. I suggest posting in the Philippines portal section of the forums and getting specific info there.

Thank you ArianneChris. My GF lives in Makati, Manila and just in case anyone was wondering... I didn't start planning this for her to come first. I was totally planning on going to the phils first.. but I like researching things (especially with my conditions) and found out about the tourist visa.. which in turn brought me here. Now thanks to you guys I know now that it is close to impossible and that I will have to go see my Queen. I have no problem with that and I actually feel more pumped about this now thanks to you guys :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.