18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there,

just wanted to see who else is in AP from Montreal consulate, Canada for IR1/CR1 visa.

please state if beneficiary is male, female

country of birth

interview date

mandatory or internal AP (mandatory usually means background checks in Washington, DC. Internal usually means more paperwork, verifiying validity of relationship, etc and is done locally at the consulate).

have you contact senator/congressman/white house

other details

it would also be really great to hear stories of others who went through this and how long their cases took.

thanks!

i'll be the first.

beneficiary is male

born in ontario, canada

interview 11/29/12. started whole process 03/2012.

mandatory AP (for "his name")

contacted senator, congressman and white house. with no help. they said there's nothing they can do. be patient. it cannot be expedited.

it has been 8 months for my husband. I know others who are waiting even longer. I am actually just depressed now and not sure what to do. i've moved past anger and frustration. now it's just a deep clinical depression, that drugs aren't going to help unfortunately.

praying for everyone.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks zubi2lute for initiating this topic. here is my summary:

- beneficiary is male

- born in Iran (Canada PR for 4 yrs.)

- Interview 01/14/2013 (F2A - Spouse of GC holder). started the process on Sep 2010.

- I believe it's internal AP

- contacted congressman once. no help- typical answer from the embassy

- my case status date has been updated 7 times in the past 1.5 month without any inquiry!

Timeline

Thanks zubi2lute!! This is my summary:

- Beneficiary is male.

- Born in Kuwait, Egyptian citizen (Canadian citizen for 6 yrs.)

- Interview 01/29/2013 (CR1 - Spouse of American Citizen). We started the process on December 2011.

- I am not sure what type of AP for me. But I think its internal AP.

- We contacted the Senator twice, same answer from the embassy

- My case status date only updated when we inquired about it. The last updated was last month when the Senator’s office placed an inquiry.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

After 7.5 months of being in AP and getting many status date update recently, today I got my passport back from the embassy without the visa !!!!! They atteched a paper saying that my case is still under AP and they will request the passport back when AP is done. To me it seems that they've just started looking at my case !!! It' so frustrating. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Timeline

After 7.5 months of being in AP and getting many status date update recently, today I got my passport back from the embassy without the visa !!!!! They atteched a paper saying that my case is still under AP and they will request the passport back when AP is done. To me it seems that they've just started looking at my case !!! It' so frustrating. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Hey Mehr, sorry to hear that.

In my case, they handed my passport back after the interview. I was told that they will request it when AP is over.

I was talking to a friend of mine “political analyst”; he mentioned that it takes at least a year to finish a security clearance. He said the process is very intensive to complete.

No updates on my end. Still waiting!!

I know how hard it is to wait but there is nothing we can do (it is what it is).. Just be optimistic.

Timeline

mehr,

i'm so sorry to hear that. that is awful. a few weeks after our interview (we had left our passport there), they sent my husbands passport back to him without either of us requesting it.

i hate to say this, ut unfortunately, we took it as a bad sign, that they were sending it back because they were going to 'take rheir time with this". who knows tho. its been 9 months AP for us now.

just celebrated our 2 yr anniversary yesterday and then said goodbye :(

keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

no updates for us since june.

Timeline

i check CEAC status update everyday online.

today i logged in and it was updated yesterday, still AP though.

but i didn't contact DOS or have any inquiries put in, so hopefully that's a good thing.

it' had been almost 3 months with no updates.

anybody else get updated?

fingers crossed!!!

Edited by zubi2lute

Timeline

wanted to update everyone on something. called DOS today at their number and it looks like the just changed their office today.

the new number is 202-485-7600.

they will not be taking calls until Monday, September 9th.

also, other random tidbits of information i found out today.

this AP we are in is also known as Visa Donkey (in our case), security advisory opinion (SAO), or Washington special clearance.

a great article to read: http://www.quora.com/Visas-entry-exit-permits/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-such-as-B1-B2-J1-or-H1B-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate

hope everyone is well.

Edited by zubi2lute

Timeline

wanted to update everyone on something. called DOS today at their number and it looks like the just changed their office today.

the new number is 202-485-7600.

they will not be taking calls until Monday, September 9th.

also, other random tidbits of information i found out today.

this AP we are in is also known as Visa Donkey (in our case), security advisory opinion (SAO), or Washington special clearance.

a great article to read: http://www.quora.com/Visas-entry-exit-permits/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-such-as-B1-B2-J1-or-H1B-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate

hope everyone is well.

Hi Zubi2lute, thanks for the information..

My case was updated for the very first time without any inquiries on Sep 05.. Still AP.

I hope we get some good news soon..

• 2 months later...
Timeline

just wanted to update. visa 'issued' per ceac website on 11/14. after almost 12 months in AP. best of luck to anyone else in AP and i sincerely hope it is over for everyone soon.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

just wanted to update. visa 'issued' per ceac website on 11/14. after almost 12 months in AP. best of luck to anyone else in AP and i sincerely hope it is over for everyone soon.

Congrats! Before the status changed to ISSUED, did it go to READY ("Your case is ready for your interview ...") ? If so how many days from READY to ISSUED ?

Timeline

congratulations! I'm happy that you are finally done with AP.

It's been 10 month for us in AP and I've not been asked for new medical and police check yet, but it's good to know that it will be almost done once they request those documents.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.