13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I just got an RFE for specific evidence that we met in the past two years

I lived in her country for a year!

I included passport stamps, BBM messaging for two months, 3 photos of us together (dated & location hand written on it), the receipt for her engagement ring, and all the itineraries for my flights!

Any idea what I can send in to reply for the RFE?

I was thinking a letter from my boss at the company I worked at, more pictures of us together, and a letter from a friend who lived there with me?

Any thoughts would be helpful!

11/28/2012 Engaged

01/17/2013 K1 visa sent

02/07/2013 NAO1

06/21/2013 Case Transferred to TSC

07/30/2013 RFE - Proof we met in two years

08/16/2013 NAO2!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In order to accurately determine the RFE, please the exact text of your RFE message.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

more pictures of both of you different times and places.both of you write a letter how you met,write another letter of you are legal age to marry within 90 days after arrival in the united states, a letter from your employer is good.did you include all the pages of your u.s passport.

Submit evidence that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from February 4, 2011 until February 4, 2013, the filing date of your petition. Evidence should include, but is not limited to:

1. Your own statement which must include the date, place, and circumstances of your meeting. If you submit a personal statement it must be supported by additional evidence.

2. Copies of travel documents (itineraries, tickets, hotel accommodations, etc.).

3. Photos (date and place of the photo must be handwritten on photos).

4. Letters written to each other after your meeting(S), referencing the specific date and place of your meeting(s).

5. Photocopies of your passport and/or your fiance's passport, (including biographical data pages and pages showing entry and exit stamps) showing that you have both been present in a given location at the same time.

Affidavits of friends, neighbors, or other knowledgeable associates. All affidavits must conform to the guidelines.

I have everything except for my fiance's passport because she lives in the Dominican Republic. But I have everything else! I submitted quite a bit of evidence with the application so I was surprised to receive an rfe!

11/28/2012 Engaged

01/17/2013 K1 visa sent

02/07/2013 NAO1

08/16/2013 NAO2!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sometimes they seem to misplace evidence, so send in all the pertinent stuff like the passport stamps again. Affidavits from people that can state they knew you lived together. Any other proof you lived together during those dates, Feb 2011 - Feb. 2013? ATM receipts from when you were with her in her country. Also credit card statements and bank statements showing use in her country during that 2 year period can be helpful as proof.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

The bank statements and credit statements are a great idea!

thank you

11/28/2012 Engaged

01/17/2013 K1 visa sent

02/07/2013 NAO1

08/16/2013 NAO2!

I got my RFE on 7/16 even though I thought I had included enough in the first packet too. Many of my trips were on buddy passes so I didn't have a lot of evidence to show flights and I stay with my fiancée so I don't have hotel receipts. And let's be serious no one writes letters anymore! I sent in the frequent flyer mile account info for the flights I did pay for but I also sent in bank statements and credit card statements for any time I was there showing that I spent money on the dates I said I was there. I overnighted the packet on the 19th and I got my text on August 5th that we were approved. So I think the bank account statements help!

I also made an outline and labeled EVERYTHING to make it easy enough for a child to read and figure out what everything was. I think that helps too :)

Good luck!

K1

3/13/13: Filed K1 Application

3/20/13: NOA1

7/12/13: RFE

8/5/13: RFE Reply

8/26/13: NVC Received

9/4/13: Packet 4 received via email

9/23/13: Fiancee received his hard Packet 4

12/5/13: Interview, Visa Aprobada!

12/12/13: Visa Received

12/13/13: Entry into US

AOS

1/15/14: Filed AOS

1/22/14: NOA

2/13/14: Biometrics Appointment

3/25/14: EAD and AP Approved

3/31/14: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

4/28/14: Received Interview Waiver Letter

10/8/14: Called USCIS and was allowed to file a Service Request since we're outside of normal processing times for our local office. Should have a response in 15-30 days.

10/29/14: Received letter (dated 10/27/14, exactly 1 day before the 6 month mark) stating that our case would be transferred to the Houston field office for processing.

11/28/14: Received letter (dated 11/20/14) stating that our case had been received at the Sacremento office and would be processed there and if we don't hear from them in 60 days to contact NVC.

12/9/14: Card is in production

12/16/14: 2 year card in hand!

Filed: Timeline

Submit evidence that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from February 4, 2011 until February 4, 2013, the filing date of your petition. Evidence should include, but is not limited to:

1. Your own statement which must include the date, place, and circumstances of your meeting. If you submit a personal statement it must be supported by additional evidence.

2. Copies of travel documents (itineraries, tickets, hotel accommodations, etc.).

4. Letters written to each other after your meeting(S), referencing the specific date and place of your meeting(s).

5. Photocopies of your passport and/or your fiance's passport, (including biographical data pages and pages showing entry and exit stamps) showing that you have both been present in a given location at the same time.

Affidavits of friends, neighbors, or other knowledgeable associates. All affidavits must conform to the guidelines.

I have everything except for my fiance's passport because she lives in the Dominican Republic. But I have everything else! I submitted quite a bit of evidence with the application so I was surprised to receive an rfe!

Do I have to have everything on that list? or can it be just enough proof to prove that I was there within the 2 years?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Between the two -- ample proof, as opposed to "just enough."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

We have the same RFE.

We sent

1.) A statement from my fiance how we met in person with specific date. Signed and date.

2.) we sent the same travel documents just like the once that we include in the packet when we file the petition.

3.)more photos of us together and friends. ( wrote date at the back and the people in the picture and also the place)

4.)photocopy of our letters to each other.

5.)photocopies of our passport

6.)a statement from friends who witnessed that they saw my fiance in person. signed and date.

after 7 days we got the approval.

Good luck to you and yours. Just make sure to comply what they need. :)

RkTqm8.png

And

WUDnm8.png

event.png

We have the same RFE.

We sent

1.) A statement from my fiance how we met in person with specific date. Signed and date.

2.) we sent the same travel documents just like the once that we include in the packet when we file the petition.

3.)more photos of us together and friends. ( wrote date at the back and the people in the picture and also the place)

4.)photocopy of our letters to each other.

5.)photocopies of our passport

6.)a statement from friends who witnessed that they saw my fiance in person. signed and date.

after 7 days we got the approval.

Good luck to you and yours. Just make sure to comply what they need. smile.png

I sent

A statement of how we met in person with dates

Passport stamps and biographical data

7 photos of us together all dated with location written on back

a statement from my boss while I was in the Dominican who knew both of us

A statement from a good friend who was in the Dominican with us

a copy of my jetBlue account with all my flight details

a copy of my credit card report with dates/locations of use in the Dominican

I think It will be more than enough

fingers crossed!

11/28/2012 Engaged

01/17/2013 K1 visa sent

02/07/2013 NAO1

08/16/2013 NAO2!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Between the two -- ample proof, as opposed to "just enough."

Agree :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I just got an RFE for specific evidence that we met in the past two years

I lived in her country for a year!

I included passport stamps, BBM messaging for two months, 3 photos of us together (dated & location hand written on it), the receipt for her engagement ring, and all the itineraries for my flights!

Any idea what I can send in to reply for the RFE?

I was thinking a letter from my boss at the company I worked at, more pictures of us together, and a letter from a friend who lived there with me?

Any thoughts would be helpful!

They want to know about one specific meeting. Key in on one date or a date range and send all evidences concerning that and nothing else. You may have sent too much and they had a hard time piecing it together.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.