espared12

Same Sex K-1 I-129F Filed

637 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! I'm really excited this is moving forward, from our noa2 to get our nvc case it took exactly one month and soon after the status changed to ready so it was received at Juarez. It's been almost 2 weeks so we prepared out documents and are waiting for the letter from the consulate.

My fiancé got a letter from nvc and somewhere I read that we can schedule the interview with that one. Should I wait for my letter to arrive or should I start calling medical and trying to schedule an interview as well as CAS and Juarez interview?

Thanks for everyone's help, you've been great guys! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Can't wait for our noa2!!! :):):)

Congrats on the approval, was there anything particularly different to the content of the interview? Same sex relationships are illegal in my fiancé's country so he has to keep our relationship a secret there. I have been concerned about how they adjust for cultural considerations in their lines of questioning, like asking if his family would be at the wedding, etc. Hopefully, the CO would know this is possible, but some of the interviews I've read about don't necessarily operate in the boundaries of common sense.

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on the approval, was there anything particularly different to the content of the interview? Same sex relationships are illegal in my fiancé's country so he has to keep our relationship a secret there. I have been concerned about how they adjust for cultural considerations in their lines of questioning, like asking if his family would be at the wedding, etc. Hopefully, the CO would know this is possible, but some of the interviews I've read about don't necessarily operate in the boundaries of common sense.

Which country is your fiance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Which country is your fiance?

Bangladesh.

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi!

We are so happy we had our interview last Thursday and got approved! Now we are waiting for the Visa, hopefully it was sent that same day or Friday since they are in holiday this Monday. The interview went so smooth, I waited for about 2 hours and it´s line after line. Once I got to the actual "interview", they asked me the name of my fiancé and that was it. I said that I had some photos but he said they were not necessary, that everything was ok and he approved the Visa. I thought it was going to be more complicated or that they were going to be a little too harsh with a same sex couple, but nothing like it.

We can´t wait to be back together.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their interviews!

Timeline

Hi!

We are so happy we had our interview last Thursday and got approved! Now we are waiting for the Visa, hopefully it was sent that same day or Friday since they are in holiday this Monday. The interview went so smooth, I waited for about 2 hours and it´s line after line. Once I got to the actual "interview", they asked me the name of my fiancé and that was it. I said that I had some photos but he said they were not necessary, that everything was ok and he approved the Visa. I thought it was going to be more complicated or that they were going to be a little too harsh with a same sex couple, but nothing like it.

We can´t wait to be back together.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their interviews!

Congratulations!! :)

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Sent our I-129F yesterday! Feels good. We've been working on it for about three weeks. It's not the thickest petition, though. I think it ended up being around 30 pages. But we have a lot of solid proof. The petition should be in Dallas by Thursday!

Filed: Timeline

We have the same concern with regards to interview. Hopefully somebody can share their experiences.

we went through manila. The hardest part was the waiting outside cause you know it's HOT and Steamy in Manila. I chose to wait outside while my husband went through the process inside. He saw Filipina first, then American employee, then Filipino. It was pretty easy. Only asked few questions and was conducted at the counter. Not in a room. They were super respectful and the consulate department chief provided us with a letter. Approved on the spot. visa was in passport within two weeks.

Filed: Timeline

Sent our I-129F yesterday! Feels good. We've been working on it for about three weeks. It's not the thickest petition, though. I think it ended up being around 30 pages. But we have a lot of solid proof. The petition should be in Dallas by Thursday!

Thick petitions slow down government workers. Quality of the pages is far more important than quantity. If your proof is solid you will fly through. We've had not hiccups since the beginning of the process and are currently awaiting decision on removal of conditions. I anticipate no interview will be necessary but if for some reason it is, we pretty much have solid proof....which is far more important than the epic amounts of papers. Best of luck to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Thick petitions slow down government workers. Quality of the pages is far more important than quantity. If your proof is solid you will fly through. We've had not hiccups since the beginning of the process and are currently awaiting decision on removal of conditions. I anticipate no interview will be necessary but if for some reason it is, we pretty much have solid proof....which is far more important than the epic amounts of papers. Best of luck to you.

Good to hear! That's what we thought. No point in sending hundreds of pages of chat logs. Someone has to read through all of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Filed the Papers for a I-129f on September 14, 2016. Hoping for the best!

My best advice, patience goes a long way :)

Hi Guys

Im from turkey and our visa was approved today. Only 2 questions. Officers were really really nice. Same sex couple here. Good luck to everyone

Congrats on approval!

Maria ~ U.S. Citizen

K-1 & K-2 Process (Completed in 4 mos. 8 days)

1/19/16: I-129F Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight

4/1/16: NOA2 Approval :dancing:

5/17/16: Interview :star: - APPROVED :dance:

5/25/16 Visas in hand! :thumbs: 

8/5/16: Wedding (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Process, K-1 & K-2 (Completed in 4 mos. 15 days)

9/21/16: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

10/24/16: AOS Cases (I-864) RFIE recv'd hardcopy [Day 29]

12/23/16: AOS Case Status Updates - Interview Scheduled, text recv'd [Day 94] :dancing:

1/17/17: EAD/AP Combo Card recv'd via USPS Priority Mail [Day 119]

1/27/17: AOS Interview :star: - APPROVED!! :dance:  [Day 129 / 120 w/ 9day RFIE delay]

1/27/17: AOS Case status update - Approved | 1/31/17: New Card in Production | 2/1/17: Card Was Mailed

2/4/17: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:

ROC Process, Spouse & 2 Step-Sons (Completed in 23 mos. 22 days)

1/25/19: Package recv'd by USCIS via FedEx overnight [Day 1]

1/29/19: NOA notice date, text & email recv'd, routed to CSC

2/1/19: NOA 18mo. Extension Letter arrived in the mail, for wife only [Day 7]

3/13/19: Filed SR for non-receipt of NOA for I-751A dependents [Day 48] | 3/21/19: Recv'd NOA for 2 stepsons [Day 56]

4/29/19: Biometrics (Scheduled) Appt Completed [Day 95]

8/28/20: Case Status Update - RFE [Day 582 ~ 19 mos. 4 days] | 11/20/20: Case Status Update - RFE response recv'd [Day 666 ~ 21 mos. 27 days]

1/7/21: Case Status Update - New Card in Production :dance: [Day 714 ~ 23 mos. 14 days] 

1/15/21: Green Cards Arrived :thumbs:[Day 722 ~ 23 mos. 22 days]

All done for now! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.