izzylove11

How long from NOA2 to interview Jakarta

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi! We just received our NOA2 today. I was so happy that it was approved and then I started looking at other people's timelines. I see that a lot of people had interview dates that were 300 days out from their NOA2. Please tell me we don't need to wait another 300 days. I am shaking because I am so scared we are in for another long wait. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I called NVC and they told me i have to wait 8 weeks for them to recieve my case, punch it in the system, and they send it to the embassy. So, I think it could be anywhere from 90-150 days...I'm hoping.

Timeline

it only took 3 months for your NOA2, that is very fast

I realize that it was very fast but we applied for expedite because of our daughter's severe medical illnesses. We were denid the expedite. I am trying to work and care for a very chronically ill child by myself. Time is everything for us. It's not the typical "wanting him here because I miss him" scenario. Even though, I do miss him like crazy. I NEED HIM HERE TO HELP WITH THIS CHILD. Child care is almost impossible because no one else wants to take care of her. :)

Timeline

Also, I would like to add: even though our visa only took 3.5 months, we have been apart for over eight months. It has not just been three months.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I realize that it was very fast but we applied for expedite because of our daughter's severe medical illnesses. We were denid the expedite. I am trying to work and care for a very chronically ill child by myself. Time is everything for us. It's not the typical "wanting him here because I miss him" scenario. Even though, I do miss him like crazy. I NEED HIM HERE TO HELP WITH THIS CHILD. Child care is almost impossible because no one else wants to take care of her. smile.png

Sorry to hear about the situation you two are in but not surprised about the expedite being denied, as I hear there is none for the K1s. As for your question, it all depends. If you were one of the ones transferred to Texas I would say it will probably be about a month before it leaves the NVC and heads to your embassy. From there it can take a month before you have everything else in order, and also depending on what interview dates are available. I can only base on my current experience, which is still at NVC since our approval date of 6/26 and only recently getting a case number from the NVC through the Dept of State.

To help expedite the process you should, if you haven't already, started to gather all the documents he will need for his Interview and sending them out to him.

Someone else can chime in from CSC or VSC how long it is taking for their approved petitions to get to the NVC and leave to the Embassy.

In a nutshell I would say you still have 2 to 3 months to go.

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

Sorry to hear about the situation you two are in but not surprised about the expedite being denied, as I hear there is none for the K1s. As for your question, it all depends. If you were one of the ones transferred to Texas I would say it will probably be about a month before it leaves the NVC and heads to your embassy. From there it can take a month before you have everything else in order, and also depending on what interview dates are available. I can only base on my current experience, which is still at NVC since our approval date of 6/26 and only recently getting a case number from the NVC through the Dept of State.

To help expedite the process you should, if you haven't already, started to gather all the documents he will need for his Interview and sending them out to him.

Someone else can chime in from CSC or VSC how long it is taking for their approved petitions to get to the NVC and leave to the Embassy.

In a nutshell I would say you still have 2 to 3 months to go.

Thank you for the info.:) I figured about 2 months more. I heard Indonesia was one of the faster embassies to interview. I was one of the TSC transfers and I just got the NOA2 today. I am just having a very hard time doing all of this alone and my only help (my mother) has to have surgery but is trying to put it off because she is the only one who helps with my daughter. I work nights as a nurse, so my schedule makes it difficult to get child care anyway, let alone, a child with illnesses. We will get through this. We have been doing it this long, we can do it a while longer.

Hi! We just received our NOA2 today. I was so happy that it was approved and then I started looking at other people's timelines. I see that a lot of people had interview dates that were 300 days out from their NOA2. Please tell me we don't need to wait another 300 days. I am shaking because I am so scared we are in for another long wait. sad.png

I think you are reading the processing times wrong. According to the VJ processing times, the latest K-1 applicants are interviewing around 300 days from their initial filing, not their NOA2. Looks like it's an average 2-month wait from the NOA2 to the interview date for Indonesia.

Timeline

I always say if you put it out there and firmly believe in it the Universe will bring it to you. You two definitely have a tough path ahead of you, but if you tackle it as a team I'm sure you can conquer anything. Though I believe some weight will be lifted when he gets here, but I'd also advise to prepare yourself for his adjustment here in the US. I can only imagine that will be tough in itself too, but at least you two will be together then.

Edited by St&Sv

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

I think you are reading the processing times wrong. According to the VJ processing times, the latest K-1 applicants are interviewing around 300 days from their initial filing, not their NOA2. Looks like it's an average 2-month wait from the NOA2 to the interview date for Indonesia.

Maybe I was reading it wrong or it was for a different visa type. I'm not sure. I know I feel much better now! Thank you so much!

Timeline

I always say if you put it out there and firmly believe in it the Universe will bring it to you. You two definitely have a tough path ahead of you, but if you tackle it as a team I'm sure you can conquer anything. Though I believe some weight will be lifted when he gets here, but I'd also advise to prepare yourself for his adjustment here in the US. I can only imagine that will be tough in itself too, but at least you two will be together then.

I believe the same thing also. I am not worried about the AOS and green card. I know it will be a long road but I am not that worried about it. I am just worried about getting him here so I can work and he can stay with our daughter. Of course, like every other person here, I want him here for me too. ;) Thank you for the reply. It means a lot to me that I have people here to talk to about this. As you all know, most people don't understand how frustrating it is to deal with the long waits and time apart.

Timeline

I believe the same thing also. I am not worried about the AOS and green card. I know it will be a long road but I am not that worried about it. I am just worried about getting him here so I can work and he can stay with our daughter. Of course, like every other person here, I want him here for me too. wink.png Thank you for the reply. It means a lot to me that I have people here to talk to about this. As you all know, most people don't understand how frustrating it is to deal with the long waits and time apart.

I understand completely. Sometimes people will ask me how it's going and I explain it to them the best I can but by the time I'm done they are surprised with how much there is to do. Many believe you can just hop on a plane and come here, or once you marry a USC you are invited right in to be a citizen off the bat. So it's definitely great to talk to others who understand what's going on and are in a similar situation. Though with you two having the baby involved I'm sure it's going to be a totally different experience.

Well I'm off to bed now, I was able to tell my girl good morning and good night which is how I like to end everyday. Lucky for her it's monday and she has to go to work and I get to sleep :P. Living in the future sure must be tough, though I keep telling her to get us lottery numbers for the games here so we can win big! haha, if only that were true, but alright I wish you a speedy journey and bid you a good night.

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

I understand completely. Sometimes people will ask me how it's going and I explain it to them the best I can but by the time I'm done they are surprised with how much there is to do. Many believe you can just hop on a plane and come here, or once you marry a USC you are invited right in to be a citizen off the bat. So it's definitely great to talk to others who understand what's going on and are in a similar situation. Though with you two having the baby involved I'm sure it's going to be a totally different experience.

Well I'm off to bed now, I was able to tell my girl good morning and good night which is how I like to end everyday. Lucky for her it's monday and she has to go to work and I get to sleep tongue.png. Living in the future sure must be tough, though I keep telling her to get us lottery numbers for the games here so we can win big! haha, if only that were true, but alright I wish you a speedy journey and bid you a good night.

Haha. They do live in the future. I am the one who has to work and my fiance is at home, enjoying some time off. Thank you again for everything. You have really eased my fears. Good night and good luck! I will keep you guys in my thoughts. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.