anitar

my story- online relationship, K3 visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi All :)

Here's my story. I am an American born citizen,of East Indian race. In my culture it is forbidden to date, and I come from a really strict family. About two and a half years ago I met this Pakistani guy online (not a dating site, just a random site for fun) Conversation didn't start off romantic but slowly started to become so. We exchanged phone numbers and started talking daily, and then started video chatting and all that. We had very much in common, we are the same age..and have a lot of the same beliefs. He lives in the UAE, and to go visit him I didn't need a visa. So about a year into our relationship, I made plans to go visit him. My family found out about our relationship and plans..and put me on lock down. I had to cancel my airline ticket and I was forced to break up with him :( They then started talking about arranging my marriage, and made plans to take me to India. I couldn't bear this,because by this point..I found my self being in love already. We were forced to break up, but eventually couldn't manage without each other..and started talking again. My family threatened him to leave me alone..and we both went through so much. Then last year (2 1/2 years into our relationship) right before my family could take me to India to get married..I ran off to the UAE to meet him. This was a very scary time for me. But it was a do or die situation, if I wanted to be with him I had to take this step. I went there and spent a week with him, he turned out to be even more then what I expected. We both wanted to secure our futures with each other so we eloped during my time there and got married.He wanted me to stay with him..but I did not want to because I needed to tell my family, regardless of their opinions...I would have to try to get their blessings. I came back after that week, and went straight home...and told my family everything and they kicked me out of the house. I convinced my husband to come live with me in the US because I think my family will be a little more to accepting him if he is here and able to meet him. So I have petitioned for him. Our case is almost complete at the NVC..and now we are awaiting his interview. But I am worried..because we have only spent a week together. I will re-visit him before the interview, but because we got married after only being together physically for a week..I'm afraid of what can happen :(

we really love each other, and I want my husband here with me

Any advice for me? What are the odds of his visa getting approved?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This might be best posted in the regional forum. The nature of marriage visas and family reunification is that spouses often spend lots of time apart due to circumstances.

Administrative Processing is common with men from certain regions of the world. You might want to prepare yourself for this AP.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Here's my story. I am an American born citizen,of East Indian race. In my culture it is forbidden to date, and I come from a really strict family. About two and a half years ago I met this Pakistani guy online (not a dating site, just a random site for fun) Conversation didn't start off romantic but slowly started to become so. We exchanged phone numbers and started talking daily, and then started video chatting and all that. We had very much in common, we are the same age..and have a lot of the same beliefs. He lives in the UAE, and to go visit him I didn't need a visa. So about a year into our relationship, I made plans to go visit him. My family found out about our relationship and plans..and put me on lock down. I had to cancel my airline ticket and I was forced to break up with him :( They then started talking about arranging my marriage, and made plans to take me to India. I couldn't bear this,because by this point..I found my self being in love already. We were forced to break up, but eventually couldn't manage without each other..and started talking again. My family threatened him to leave me alone..and we both went through so much. Then last year (2 1/2 years into our relationship) right before my family could take me to India to get married..I ran off to the UAE to meet him. This was a very scary time for me. But it was a do or die situation, if I wanted to be with him I had to take this step. I went there and spent a week with him, he turned out to be even more then what I expected. We both wanted to secure our futures with each other so we eloped during my time there and got married.He wanted me to stay with him..but I did not want to because I needed to tell my family, regardless of their opinions...I would have to try to get their blessings. I came back after that week, and went straight home...and told my family everything and they kicked me out of the house. I convinced my husband to come live with me in the US because I think my family will be a little more to accepting him if he is here and able to meet him. So I have petitioned for him. Our case is almost complete at the NVC..and now we are awaiting his interview. But I am worried..because we have only spent a week together. I will re-visit him before the interview, but because we got married after only being together physically for a week..I'm afraid of what can happen :(

Thank you!

Hi dear I'm sorry u went through a lot and u really don't understand why some families are against love anyways I said it cause alhamdulilah my parents were so happy when I told them about our relationship. Ok so u don't have to worry at all because I went and visited my fiancé for two weeks only and you don't have to worry about it. Just make sure not to tell in interview that your or his parents don't agree into this relationship because that might create problem. Other than that provide proof of marriage and pictures with all documents needed and you are all set in sha Allah you will be with him soon. Good luck ill make sure to keep u and ur fiancé in my prayers as well.

Just Married

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

Thank you![/quote

Hi! Your case will be fine, we just completed our visa interview at the UAE embassy... if you look at the reviews you will see its a fairly "easy" embassy.... you dont see many put into AP at all, almost never. Let that be the last thing your stressing over... make sure your super organized and have all your ducks in a row, you will be great! Message me if you need anything ;-) good luck!!

Timeline

Hi! Your case will be fine, we just completed our visa interview at the UAE embassy... if you look at the reviews you will see its a fairly "easy" embassy.... you dont see many put into AP at all, almost never. Let that be the last thing your stressing over... make sure your super organized and have all your ducks in a row, you will be great! Message me if you need anything ;-) good luck!!

Oh thank you so much smile.png You gave me so much confidence, can't wait to tell my hubby! I will surely contact you if I need any more info. Bless xx But one quick question-- my hubby will be interviewed at the US embassy in Abu Dhabi is that what you meant?

Edited by anitar

Oh thank you so much smile.png You gave me so much confidence, can't wait to tell my hubby! I will surely contact you if I need any more info. Bless xx But one quick question-- my hubby will be interviewed at the US embassy in Abu Dhabi is that what you meant?

Yes, US Embassy Consulate in Abu Dhabi :)

WOww. when i read your story i was speechless... it reminds me of my old times when my family dissaprove of me and my now husband's relationship they said so many craps that hurted soo much but now my husband is here with me and my whole family approves of him now.. Dont worry hun, that day when he is finally here with you your family will start to see what a great guy he is..

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Timeline

WOww. when i read your story i was speechless... it reminds me of my old times when my family dissaprove of me and my now husband's relationship they said so many craps that hurted soo much but now my husband is here with me and my whole family approves of him now.. Dont worry hun, that day when he is finally here with you your family will start to see what a great guy he is..

Thank you, I dream of that day..and hearing that your family approves now is delightful to hear. I hope that day comes for me soon too. :) wish the best for you and your hubby xx

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we are married since 7 months and only were together just for a month ..but our love is pure and solid so so distance cant let us apart forever while Allah is letting us to be together :) good luck

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.