Ashley903

NOA2 confirmed by Tier 2 Rep

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was also told by a tier 2 rep that mine was approved on 7/6. It seems whoever did the approvals on that day must have missed a step! I would love to be able to celebrate my NOA2 just like everyone else here does... BUT... I still have nothing concrete that says it was approved! I called USCIS again and was told by the guy that he was sending an email to TSC to request that the notice be sent. What a mess!

10/01/2012 - met online
10/29/2012 - met in person
12/29/2012 - second visit
01/07/2013 - engaged
01/25/2013 - mailed I-129F packet to Texas
01/28/2013 - I-129F packet received and sent to VSC
01/30/2013 - NOA1
06/21/2013 - petition transferred from VSC to TSC
07/06/2013 - change of address notification - though no change of address submitted
07/15/2015 - tier 2 rep says petition was approved on 7/06
07/19/2013 - still no NOA2 - tier 2 rep sent email to TSC
07/25/2013 - received email that approval notice has been mailed

07/26/2013 - received email that USCIS shipped case to NVC
07/29/2013 - received hard copy of NOA2 - notice date is 7/25, though the document says it is valid from 7/06 to 11/05

07/30/2013 - case received by NVC

08/01/2013 - case number has been assigned and shipped to the embassy in Kiev

08/05/2013 - case received at the embassy in Kiev

08/23/2013 - interview at Kiev embassy - APPROVED!

09/15/2013 - POE - Cincinnati, OH

12/01/2013 - Wedding date - Sanibel Island, FL :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Also called NVC just to see if maybe it had already been sent to them. Of course they have not received it and said to wait for 8 weeks. All this because some processor didn't do their job...

10/01/2012 - met online
10/29/2012 - met in person
12/29/2012 - second visit
01/07/2013 - engaged
01/25/2013 - mailed I-129F packet to Texas
01/28/2013 - I-129F packet received and sent to VSC
01/30/2013 - NOA1
06/21/2013 - petition transferred from VSC to TSC
07/06/2013 - change of address notification - though no change of address submitted
07/15/2015 - tier 2 rep says petition was approved on 7/06
07/19/2013 - still no NOA2 - tier 2 rep sent email to TSC
07/25/2013 - received email that approval notice has been mailed

07/26/2013 - received email that USCIS shipped case to NVC
07/29/2013 - received hard copy of NOA2 - notice date is 7/25, though the document says it is valid from 7/06 to 11/05

07/30/2013 - case received by NVC

08/01/2013 - case number has been assigned and shipped to the embassy in Kiev

08/05/2013 - case received at the embassy in Kiev

08/23/2013 - interview at Kiev embassy - APPROVED!

09/15/2013 - POE - Cincinnati, OH

12/01/2013 - Wedding date - Sanibel Island, FL :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

i got a rfe on july 5 online never recived a letter telling me what they needed so i called on the 10th n told them what was going on they would not even tell me what the rfe was abt so got our lawyer involved and they told him the reason they wanted a seprate letter of intent to marry from both of us our lawyer can sign n her behalf it is saing recived on the 16th july but still processing but i still never recived the rfe letter in the mail i guess it got lost the lawyer dont even understand y they would want what they already have with the exception on 2 seprate letters of intent instead of the 1 they ask for when u submit the k1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you speak to a Tier 2 rep? Those front line folks dont know too much--I actually just spoke with them again today ( a tier 2) and the snooty officer says " Your case was confirmed it was approved so seeing it on the online case status should not even be relevant"

He said he will submit a service request to have an approval notice sent out for me..lol

Please keep us updated whenever u receive your NOA2. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I wanted to start a forum for people who were approved via talking to a Tier 2 rep but the online case status still shows "Intial Review" I was told I was approved on 7/6/13--but have yet to receive a text/email/online update or anything to confirm this. I have not received my hard copy of NOA2. Any one out there with this similar circumstance?

Lets keep eachother updated!

My K-1 Journey:

06/24/2012: Met my soulmate while on vacation

09/14/2012: My Fiance proposed and I accepted

01/28/2013: I-129F packet mailed

01/29/13: Packet received at local field office

01/31/2013: NOA1 Date

02/04/13: NOA1 (E-mail)

02/06/13: Alien Number Changed

6/21/13: Case transferred to TSC

7/6/13: NOA2 (per immigration officer)

I wouldn't stress. We got a call on the 12th July by the GA congressman's office saying that our application had been approved on the 8th July - yet nothing online had been approved or any notification of any kind had been sent via email, post, text etc. I wasn't going to celebrate too early because i wanted to know for sure by USCIS. So i got my fiance to call and speak to a tier 2 rep on the 15th July - they confirmed we had indeed been approved on the 8th. I don't think he asked about the notifications etc though.

Anyway, on the 22nd we got an email saying On July 22, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly. Our status only updated today online that it was POST DECISION ACTIVITY. It skipped right over DECISION. We still haven't received our NOA2 but i have a feeling it was only posted out on the 22nd. So I will give it a week or two before i worry that it has been misplace.

So in short, I wouldn't freak out. I think they may just be a little slack with the updates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I too received a call on July 6th stating that our K-1 application had been approved and the officer even apologized for the delay. Nothing has changed on the website and we also have not received anything in the mail in regards to the application being received in Dublin yet. So many dates and timelines to keep track of! Our app was originally out of the VT office but it was transferred to the Texas office due to an overload of applications.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Barbados
Timeline

On the 15th of July I called and spoke to a Tier 2 rep as well. He seemed as though I was bothering him but he did eventually tell me that I had been approved on July 6. I wanted to verify that since July 6 was a Saturday. He also said that he was unsure of when my NOA2 would be sent to me because it was dependent on how quickly the adjudicator updated my status in the system.

I then called back on the 19th, seeing ad the 20th would have been two weeks from my approval and by this time my petition should be on its way to NVC. I spoke to another Tier 2 IO and he was much sweeter and really helpful.HHe said he was going to but in service request for me and put me on hold. He came back to the line and told me that TSC is asking that I give them until August 3 to receive my NOA2 and for them to transfer my case to DOS/NVC.

I'm seeing that the first batch of TSC transfers are getting their NOA2's after they have sent our packets to NVC. I feel like I've lost at least 3 weeks because of TSC not submitting our petitions soon after they are approved. I have another 2-3 months left in this K1 phase and each week is precious to us. I'm frustrated but reminding myself hourly that everything happens in God's own time.

NOA1: 1/28/13

Transferred VSC--->TSC: 6/21/13

Notice of Transfer received:6/24/13

Approved per Tier2-IO: 7/6/13

No NOA2 email/letter & Uscis.gov still says Initial Review

Told to wait until 8/3/2013 (Oye!!!)

Wow this is exactly why I created this forum--although the circumstances arent at their best--its still comforting to know others were effected like me---I'm happy I got approved but it wasnt the same as receiving the actual update online or via email--all we can do at this point is be patient--hey at least the longest (well supposed to be) part of the k1 journey is behind us :)

Timeline

I wouldn't stress. We got a call on the 12th July by the GA congressman's office saying that our application had been approved on the 8th July - yet nothing online had been approved or any notification of any kind had been sent via email, post, text etc. I wasn't going to celebrate too early because i wanted to know for sure by USCIS. So i got my fiance to call and speak to a tier 2 rep on the 15th July - they confirmed we had indeed been approved on the 8th. I don't think he asked about the notifications etc though.

Anyway, on the 22nd we got an email saying On July 22, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly. Our status only updated today online that it was POST DECISION ACTIVITY. It skipped right over DECISION. We still haven't received our NOA2 but i have a feeling it was only posted out on the 22nd. So I will give it a week or two before i worry that it has been misplace.

So in short, I wouldn't freak out. I think they may just be a little slack with the updates.

Thats what I am hoping will happen--once they actually "ship" our approval packages off to NVC the site will then update--the huge question is when--you were approved on the 8th and they shipped it a couple days ago--so with me being approved on the 6th this will hopefully happen soon enough.

Edited by Ashley903

Timeline

Please keep us updated whenever u receive your NOA2. Thanks

Trust me as soon as I receive that hard copy in the mail I will be updating!! smile.png

Edited by Ashley903

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Tier 2 was very rude to me today and told me that since I filed a Service Request yesterday she wouldn't help me. When I asked her to just confirm the status of my petition she said that I need to wait until at least August 7th and not call again...

01-12-2013 - Engaged

01-18-2013 - Sent I-129F

01-22-2013 - NOA1

06-21-2013 - Transferred to TSC

07-09-2013 - NOA2 (due to the glitch I find out about it on July 25th)

09-19-2013 - Interview in Moscow

Timeline

I am a Jan filer so I am not sure how that works if you just filed in April--my understanding is that they will not help if you are still within normal processing times

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I am a Jan filer so I am not sure how that works if you just filed in April--my understanding is that they will not help if you are still within normal processing times

Thats exactly what i was thinking. As i understand it we cant call until 5 months of torture is over.

However it seems some earlier posters on here who are April filers were calling and getting through to a level 2 i think ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.