Alexander De Ridder

NOA2 valid until ....

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My noa2 is valid until january 3rd.

Its december 1st and Clara still didn't get all the documents for the addavit of support ready.

At soonest I can hope her to get everything together saturday and then send it somewhere next week, which means I'll probably get it around 15 december.

I have to get all the documents before making an appointment with the consulate.

But what if the consulate shedules my appointment for after january 3rd because I make an appointment after the 15th of december? Remember all the holidays in this time period, and they only take interviews on monday,tuesdays (both christmas and newyear are on mondays this year).

tbh i am a bit frustrated she still didn't get that one form ready after a whole month .. its really the only thing she had to get ... where i had to get police,military,medical, ..... etc and had it all ready since november 15.

what if we fail the validation period? back to square one?

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

From what I've read before, if your case is already at the consulate they'll extend the validity of your NOA2 without request, it will be done automatically.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The consulate can extend the validity of the petition for another 4 months, they just need to do it before it expires. Many do it automatically. There is a convenient form letter in the example forms under K-1 here on VJ that you can use to request the consulate to extend the petition just send on to the consulate a few weeks befor e expiration to remind them.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/extend-approval.doc

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My noa2 is valid until january 3rd.

Its december 1st and Clara still didn't get all the documents for the addavit of support ready.

At soonest I can hope her to get everything together saturday and then send it somewhere next week, which means I'll probably get it around 15 december.

I have to get all the documents before making an appointment with the consulate.

But what if the consulate shedules my appointment for after january 3rd because I make an appointment after the 15th of december? Remember all the holidays in this time period, and they only take interviews on monday,tuesdays (both christmas and newyear are on mondays this year).

tbh i am a bit frustrated she still didn't get that one form ready after a whole month .. its really the only thing she had to get ... where i had to get police,military,medical, ..... etc and had it all ready since november 15.

what if we fail the validation period? back to square one?

Are you positive on the NOA2 expiry? Your NOA2 appears to have been approved on 11/2/2006 which would indicate that it should be valid unil 3/2/2007 or thereabouts.....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yup. :yes: An I-129f NOA2 is good for four months so you should be ok!

Edited by Randy

6/14/06 - I-129f packet ready to send

6/15/06 - Decided to delay sending and use new form when available

6/28/06 - Finally mailed to Nebraska Service Center

7/20/06 - NOA1

9/20/06 - Touched for the very first time

9/21/06 - Email NOA2 wooohhooo faster than we had hoped for

9/25/06 - Snail Mail NOA2

9/25/06 - Received at NVC, verified with phone call

9/27/06 - Sent to embassy in Bangkok! Hoping my love will be here for the holidays!!!

9/30/06 - Arrived at embassy and waiting for packet 3

10/24/06 - Finally recieved packet 3

11/22/06 - Packet 3 sent to BKK embassy

11/24/06 - Embassy received packet 3

01/08/07 - Received packet 4 from BKK embassy

01/29/07 - Embassy Interview

01/30/07 - VISA in hand!!

02/05/07 - Returning to states with POE @ SFO

04/05/07 - Filed AOS

04/13/07 - NOA for I-485

06/15/07 - Biometrics

03/25/08 - Interview Date

04/04/08 - GC Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think I know what has happened. The Approval is good until 3/1/2007 and he interpreted it January 3 when in fact it is March 1!!!

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think I know what has happened. The Approval is good until 3/1/2007 and he interpreted it January 3 when in fact it is March 1!!!

Yes must be thinking like a European (Day,Month,Year), not an American (Month,Day,Year). :yes: I wonder if the OP read the replies? Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm also curious about this validity issue. Does the expiration date mean you should have the actual visa by that time or does it mean the interview appointment should be scheduled by that time?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.