EllinDiasporas

On delay between NOA2 and document reception at NVC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Dear VJ members,

I'm writing to request for some of your helpful insights on an issue with my K-1 Fiancee Visa application.

Specifically, it has to do with the delay between my receiving my NOA2 and the petition arriving at NVC. There

are plenty of similar posts on this sight but I think there might be a subtle difference or two in my case.

Here's the story: I received an electronic notice of my NOA2 on June 20th. I'm currently overseas in Greece visiting my fiancee

and have activated mail-forwarding to a friend's house. For this reason, the hard-copy of NOA2 that was sent to me in the mail

was returned to USCIS. I did call them last week and changed my mailing address to that of my friend until I return to the U.S. in

mid-August. They said they'd said the NOA2 w/i 2-3 weeks. Nevertheless, my understanding is that I primarily need the NOA2 for my fiancee's

interview and that this delay in the mail shouldn't impact USCIS sending the material to NVC.

According to the K-1 Visa flowchart on VisaJourney, it is advised that 2 weeks after approval I should start contacting the NVC

to see if they've received the application. I tried a week ago but they had received nothing. The employee was really nice and helpful

and recommended I call once a week.

Now, on July 11th, I received the following email notice:

"On July 11, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly. "

Maybe I was too ambitious but I called NVC again yesterday and got this rather not-so-intelligent employee who indicated nothing

had been received. She insisted I call back 8 weeks after my NOA2 date.

I know I may have rushed a bit but I do notice that the time between NOA2 and NVC reception is much faster for some other folks on this site.

So I have a couple of questions for you:

a) Has anyone received a notice like the one I got on 7/11 ? If yes how soon after that does NVC acknowledge reception ?

b) I understand that telephone is the only way to check with NVC. At some point, would it be good to give them my email ?

c) They request a receipt number. I give them the one assigned to us by USCIS (i.e. EAC**** ; we were processed by VSC).

Is there some other number I should give them ? My fiancee has been assigned an Alien Reg. number which I have.

d) Also, are we assigned some other number by NVC once they've processed our petition and sent it to the embassy ?

Since I'm overseas and I'd have to wait for the forwarded mail to reach my friend, can I ask NVC to give me that number over the phone ?

Any feedback you might have is hugely appreciated !

Timeline

PS: I'm asking these questions as I will return to the U.S. on 8/14 and I would like to make sure that we have everything ready in terms of paperwork to

be submitted to the embassy. So my hope is the embassy will receive the package, process it and send it to us by late July, early August.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Dear VJ members,

I'm writing to request for some of your helpful insights on an issue with my K-1 Fiancee Visa application.

Specifically, it has to do with the delay between my receiving my NOA2 and the petition arriving at NVC. There

are plenty of similar posts on this sight but I think there might be a subtle difference or two in my case.

Here's the story: I received an electronic notice of my NOA2 on June 20th. I'm currently overseas in Greece visiting my fiancee

and have activated mail-forwarding to a friend's house. For this reason, the hard-copy of NOA2 that was sent to me in the mail

was returned to USCIS. I did call them last week and changed my mailing address to that of my friend until I return to the U.S. in

mid-August. They said they'd said the NOA2 w/i 2-3 weeks. Nevertheless, my understanding is that I primarily need the NOA2 for my fiancee's

interview and that this delay in the mail shouldn't impact USCIS sending the material to NVC.

According to the K-1 Visa flowchart on VisaJourney, it is advised that 2 weeks after approval I should start contacting the NVC

to see if they've received the application. I tried a week ago but they had received nothing. The employee was really nice and helpful

and recommended I call once a week.

Now, on July 11th, I received the following email notice:

"On July 11, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly. "

Maybe I was too ambitious but I called NVC again yesterday and got this rather not-so-intelligent employee who indicated nothing

had been received. She insisted I call back 8 weeks after my NOA2 date.

I know I may have rushed a bit but I do notice that the time between NOA2 and NVC reception is much faster for some other folks on this site.

So I have a couple of questions for you:

a) Has anyone received a notice like the one I got on 7/11 ? If yes how soon after that does NVC acknowledge reception ?

b) I understand that telephone is the only way to check with NVC. At some point, would it be good to give them my email ?

c) They request a receipt number. I give them the one assigned to us by USCIS (i.e. EAC**** ; we were processed by VSC).

Is there some other number I should give them ? My fiancee has been assigned an Alien Reg. number which I have.

d) Also, are we assigned some other number by NVC once they've processed our petition and sent it to the embassy ?

Since I'm overseas and I'd have to wait for the forwarded mail to reach my friend, can I ask NVC to give me that number over the phone ?

Any feedback you might have is hugely appreciated !

They notification you got on the 11th is perfectly normal. Everybody gets it and it means nothing but that they sent it to NVC.

The 8 weeks story is what people get that have been transferred to TSC. Any chance you was transferred as well?

You will get a new case number by the NVC and as far as I know by phone is the ONLY way to receive it. So keep calling :)

You're good by giving them the EAC number you got along with your NOA1.

Your NOA2 hardcopy has no effect on uscis forwarding your petition to NVC. But for the interview you will need it.

Timeline

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you so much for the clarifications ! They hugely help !

Yep, I indeed was one of those that was transferred from VSC to TSC.

I now have a clearer picture of how to proceed. I'll just keep on calling them !

Many thanks again !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you so much for the clarifications ! They hugely help !

Yep, I indeed was one of those that was transferred from VSC to TSC.

I now have a clearer picture of how to proceed. I'll just keep on calling them !

Many thanks again !

You're welcome. We're all in the same boat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Just sharing my timeline as I am in the same boat as you.

VSC-TSC xfer May 29th

NOA2 June 24th

Mailed NVC July 11th

NVC confirmed receiving today July 18th.

Rep quoted a processing time of 2 to 4 weeks before it is entered into the system (before a number is assigned)

She did mention it often is done much quicker but they can only quote the 2 to 4 weeks.

You can get your NVC number via email not just the phone but in both cases it needs to actually exist for it to be sent to you lol.

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Timeline

Gotcha Scott !

Many thanks as we are indeed in the same boat (our dates are very close !) and your note is extremely reassuring.

I will give them a ring again later today and will update you !

Thank you !

Update

MNL (NVC)# assigned this morning just got the email

If you haven't sent an email send one :)

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Timeline

Gotcha !

I actually just called them and spoke to this really nice lady (it's amazing what a range of people you find operating these phones).

So yep, we are on totally parallel timelines. My application was received and inserted yesterday into the NVC system. I was also

given my NVC#. However, I will follow your advice and will also send them an email (I'm assuming it's the email-contact link they

have under "Contact us" ?).

Hopefully, this will make its way to the Embassy w/o too much delay.

Thank you again, have a great day and best of luck !

The email I used I got from the link in my signature form hank_

This is because in Manila we can schedule our interview with this official email and no need to wait for the letter form the embassy.

We are cutting a month out of our processing window

I believe the email address is the same as on the NVC site

NVCInquiry@state.gov

Subject line is your uscis#

Then name and bday of both the petitioner and beneficiary.

Also I agree there is a wide spectrum of attitudes you encounter at the NVC some show a little empathy some treat you like an annoyance as if they have far better things to do than speak with you at all.

Timeline

I just wrote them an email and did receive the automated response. I'll gladly wait.

Just to make sure I understand: You can use that email to speed-up the actual interview at the embassy ?

If yes I'll inquire with Athens. However, I'm a little confused as I thought that they send you a letter with instructions,

you scramble to get certain paperwork ready (ideally, most of it is ready already), send it back to them and they

come back to you with an interview date. What am I missing here ?

Thanks again for everything !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update

MNL (NVC)# assigned this morning just got the email

If you haven't sent an email send one smile.png

Hi Scott. This is what I got when I checked our case online.

Post Decision Activity

On July 18, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revoca

Does it mean that USCIS send it to NVC already? What is Department of State?

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Timeline

Hi MJ !

Identical message with what I got on July 11th. NVC is part of the US Dept. of State and indeed your application is en route to NVC.

Based on my experience, I would give them a week and would the call NVC (1-603-334-0700) and inquire if they received your petition.

I'd also follow Scott's advice and would send in an email. It looks like you're on your way. Good luck !

Hi Scott. This is what I got when I checked our case online.

Post Decision Activity

On July 18, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revoca

Does it mean that USCIS send it to NVC already? What is Department of State?

That is confirming it was sent to the NVC. (mine was on July 11th)

you now need to contact the NVC 603-334-0700

and or email them at NVCinquiry@state.gov

if you email make the subject line your USCIS#

include your name and DOB and beneficiaries name and DOB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.