Cathi

Checking in on my MENA peeps

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everyone

Just dropping by to see how everyone's summer is going. I have been busy busy. I started a new job in May, my oldest son graduated from high school in June, he starts at The University of New Hampshire next month. My husband injured his back in work and the lame azz company he works for denied the claim, but he fought them and won, after being out of work for 8 weeks, going in front of the Dept of Labor and it costing us a small fortune to pay a lawyer to help. He went back to work last week on light duty, now he will need surgery, poor guy :(. I cannot WAIT until he finds a job in his field, he sends dozens of resumes every week and still nothing, just a few interviews. But life for us has been pretty good so far(other than him being injured). He is adjusting pretty well to life here, although he really misses his friends and family, and Amman, especially now that it's Ramadan. I am doing my best to try to make all of his mom's recipes, and keep their traditions going for him here. My kids are really embracing his culture and have enjoyed learning about it. His family is very close knit and they are always together, which is very different than my family. My family all live out of state and I rarely see or talk to them, he has a difficult time understanding why my family isn't very close, I really don't understand it either. He has made some friends who are from Jordan. We were at the mall one night way back in October when he first arrived, I overheard a few guys talking in Arabic, so went over to them and introduced myself, come to find out they are from his home town. He gets together with them once a week to play cards, I'm so relieved he has some friends to hang out with. They are actually a huge group, from Jordan and Egypt and KSA, all here getting graduate degrees at UNH.

Tomorrow night I am taking him and the kids with a few of their friends to the drive in. It should be fun, he had never heard of a drive in before I told him we were going. Wednesday we will head to the beach, and then maybe up to the lake in Maine for a few days.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer. Fill me in with the details, I miss hearing from you all. wub.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on the new job. But sorry that your husband was injured and I hope he will be fine soon and also find a job in his field.

I am working two jobs now that I am back in the US. Teaching in a special needs preschool Monday through Friday and working as a veterinary assistant Saturday and Sunday. I will be able to file the I-130 in 2 weeks and we will officially be in the process.

I am fine. I miss my husband terribly. I miss Morocco. But at least working 7 days a week I am so tired that I can fall asleep at night. My life is pretty much go to work, come home, talk to my husband, go to sleep.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

awwww, I know the feeling Abbi, it is so difficult being so far from your husband, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I see you're filing the petition soon, that is exciting. I have been watching the Moroccan portal and I noticed so many approvals from the filers lately, that will be you and your husband soon and he will be here safe and sound. The good thing about your working so much is that t will keep your mind off the process and time will fly. If you need to talk feel free to message me.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hey Mimo !

So sorry for the trials and tribulations... but congrats for all the successes !

Insha'allah every year will be better and better.

Here it is the summer of work... muchhh work. Perhaps a vacation is in order..........

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mimo, sorry to hear your husband got hurt on the job but glad to hear everything is going good with you guys. Sounds like you're starting to enjoy your summer.

Nothing fun for summer for me but the boys left a week ago to visit family in Yemen with their dad. My husband is on his way home from a three week visit with his family. The girl and I have been hanging out while they've all been gone. My big news is that my husband and I are expecting our second baby girl together in December. luv.gif

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Mimo, sorry to hear your husband got hurt on the job but glad to hear everything is going good with you guys. Sounds like you're starting to enjoy your summer.

Nothing fun for summer for me but the boys left a week ago to visit family in Yemen with their dad. My husband is on his way home from a three week visit with his family. The girl and I have been hanging out while they've all been gone. My big news is that my husband and I are expecting our second baby girl together in December. luv.gif

OMG congratulations Mithra !!!!

So wonderful news.... big mabruk to you and your husband :)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

we (daughter and I) are in Ramallah until the end of August...and we are still waiting for I-130 that I applied for last july, yep almost 365 days of nothing :(

my husband is enjoying every sec with our daughter until we leave, it will be very hard to leave him

meet Sept 2008 in Chicago
He left back to Palestine Aug 2010
I went to Palestine May 30,2012
6/13/2012 Married in Palestine
7/04/2012 arrived back in Chicago
7/25/2012 mailed in I-130
7/26/2012 NOA 1 arrived. to be serviced in California
3/3/2013 our baby was born !!!!

6/17/2013 Case transferred to Local city

11/13/2013 interview at Chicago

1/27/2014 RFE DNA test

3/7/2014 RFE completed and mailed in

5/12/2014 **I-130 APPROVED** !! 652 days

6/3/2014 NVC received case

7/11/2014 choice of agent signed

7/19/2014 pay AOS bill, send aos packet

7/22/2014 NVC received AOS papers

8/20/2014 send IV packet

8/25/2014 NVC received IV papers

8/27/2014 pay IV bill

9/9/2014 DS-260 completed

9/15/2014 AOS checklist

9/24/2014 NVC scanned aos

10/29/2014 "paid" turned to "n/a"

10/31/2014 called NVC and confirmed case complete

11/4/2014 email with interview scheduled

12/15/2014 INTERVIEW

02/20/2015 I-601 waiver received @ Nebraska

07/14/2015 I-601 waiver APPROVED

8/10/2015 ceac changed from refused to ready

8/12/2015 visa was issued !!!!!!

8/25/2015 POE Chicago, no questions asked about waiver

Timeline

Hi everyone

Just dropping by to see how everyone's summer is going. I have been busy busy. I started a new job in May, my oldest son graduated from high school in June, he starts at The University of New Hampshire next month. My husband injured his back in work and the lame azz company he works for denied the claim, but he fought them and won, after being out of work for 8 weeks, going in front of the Dept of Labor and it costing us a small fortune to pay a lawyer to help. He went back to work last week on light duty, now he will need surgery, poor guy sad.png. I cannot WAIT until he finds a job in his field, he sends dozens of resumes every week and still nothing, just a few interviews. But life for us has been pretty good so far(other than him being injured). He is adjusting pretty well to life here, although he really misses his friends and family, and Amman, especially now that it's Ramadan. I am doing my best to try to make all of his mom's recipes, and keep their traditions going for him here. My kids are really embracing his culture and have enjoyed learning about it. His family is very close knit and they are always together, which is very different than my family. My family all live out of state and I rarely see or talk to them, he has a difficult time understanding why my family isn't very close, I really don't understand it either. He has made some friends who are from Jordan. We were at the mall one night way back in October when he first arrived, I overheard a few guys talking in Arabic, so went over to them and introduced myself, come to find out they are from his home town. He gets together with them once a week to play cards, I'm so relieved he has some friends to hang out with. They are actually a huge group, from Jordan and Egypt and KSA, all here getting graduate degrees at UNH.

Tomorrow night I am taking him and the kids with a few of their friends to the drive in. It should be fun, he had never heard of a drive in before I told him we were going. Wednesday we will head to the beach, and then maybe up to the lake in Maine for a few days.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer. Fill me in with the details, I miss hearing from you all. wub.png

Sorry your husband hurt his back! My husband also recently hurt his back and was out from work over a week, but he's still in pain. He's a chef, so standing on his feet all day doesn't help, especially fasting now during Ramadan. Hope your husband's surgery helps him!

Edited by zahrasalem

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Timeline

Congratulations!!! We're trying, so hopefully it will happen SOON whistling.gif !! My 9 year old daughter really wants a sibling so bad smile.png

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

Timeline

Thank you! :)

We tried (not very hard mind you) for three years to conceive our 21 month old daughter. This little one was a bit of a surprise. We were not trying, not preventing with this one and surprise! I really thought I wasn't going to have any more children but apparently life had other plans. I hope you guys are successful soon. :)

Congratulations!!! We're trying, so hopefully it will happen SOON whistling.gif !! My 9 year old daughter really wants a sibling so bad smile.png

Timeline

Ouch! I hope your husband feels better soon. Standing all day with an injured back does not sound fun at all. :(

Sorry your husband hurt his back! My husband also recently hurt his back and was out from work over a week, but he's still in pain. He's a chef, so standing on his feet all day doesn't help, especially fasting now during Ramadan. Hope your husband's surgery helps him!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hi Mimo!! Sorry to hear about your husband's injury. I hope he feels much better after the surgery. I am going to help a friend of mine cook for a big Eid party this year. I think I'll make some homemade sambusa biggrin.png .

The last couple months were pretty rough. I have PCOS, have had it for years, and I get cysts every so often. But 2 months ago I found out I had 2 big ones on one ovary very close together. The only thing they could do was remove it before they burst. I had to be in the hospital over a month and a half because I had bleeding complications from surgery. Worst month and a half of my life!! I applied for an expedite on my I-129F petition but it was denied dead.gif (though I have made a real friend in my senator's immigrant unit - the officer is my advocate). Doctors aren't optimistic about my fertility prospects which depresses me but there are worse things in life. I soldier on, one day at a time. Almost 8 months and no NOA2 crying.gif . As soon as I am cleared by my doctors I'm going to go visit my fiance. He is doing pretty well. He got a promotion at work and has a business trip in Switzerland coming up after Eid. I'm thinking I'll tag along, health permitting. I'm trying to stay optimistic that I'll get some good news soon.

Mithra - CONGRATS!! Awesome news. Hope your boys are having fun in Yemen! It's very hot now though!

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Thank you! smile.png

We tried (not very hard mind you) for three years to conceive our 21 month old daughter. This little one was a bit of a surprise. We were not trying, not preventing with this one and surprise! I really thought I wasn't going to have any more children but apparently life had other plans. I hope you guys are successful soon. smile.png

Thanks...best wishes for a smooth pregnancy smile.png

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

Timeline

Thanks, Sarah!

It does sound like you've had a rough couple of months. I'm sorry to hear about that. :( I hope you feel better soon so that you're able to visit your fiance in Switzerland when he goes. That sounds really nice!

The boys are not liking Yemen at all. :/ They're trying to talk their dad into letting them come back a few weeks early.

Hi Mimo!! Sorry to hear about your husband's injury. I hope he feels much better after the surgery. I am going to help a friend of mine cook for a big Eid party this year. I think I'll make some homemade sambusa biggrin.png .

The last couple months were pretty rough. I have PCOS, have had it for years, and I get cysts every so often. But 2 months ago I found out I had 2 big ones on one ovary very close together. The only thing they could do was remove it before they burst. I had to be in the hospital over a month and a half because I had bleeding complications from surgery. Worst month and a half of my life!! I applied for an expedite on my I-129F petition but it was denied dead.gif (though I have made a real friend in my senator's immigrant unit - the officer is my advocate). Doctors aren't optimistic about my fertility prospects which depresses me but there are worse things in life. I soldier on, one day at a time. Almost 8 months and no NOA2 crying.gif . As soon as I am cleared by my doctors I'm going to go visit my fiance. He is doing pretty well. He got a promotion at work and has a business trip in Switzerland coming up after Eid. I'm thinking I'll tag along, health permitting. I'm trying to stay optimistic that I'll get some good news soon.

Mithra - CONGRATS!! Awesome news. Hope your boys are having fun in Yemen! It's very hot now though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.