Jess&Mohamed

How much is too much?

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello!

I was trying to gather information for "proof of ongoing relationship." After reading this forum I see that a lot of people print out things from skype, fb, and viber for proof of ongoing relationship. However it seems like too much to me! Me and my fiance talk everyday, all the time! And not just on skype. We go back and forth from viber, fb, and skype! Also, I use my ipod touch to skype with him, and the screen is too tiny for screen shots and it takes WAY WAY longer to scroll up to previous conversations then on the computer....my mom and his family sees us skype everyday. I don't know if a personal statement from them would help?!?!

Any advice on how to provide "easier" and/or a less condenced form of "proof of ongoing relationship"??

Also,

I am going to visit him for a month in September and will be providing a copy of my flight itinerary, is this proof as well?

Thanks!!!

Jess

PUrposefully generate all kinds of evidence. A flight itenerary is not proof of a relationship, just proof of a potential booking (boarding pass copy is proof you were on the plane).

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I sent calls logs from skype, about 15 photos from different visits and receipts for our engagement ring, flowers I sent her (With her address and my name) and I had no issues! Good luck.

Hey thanks :)

I see you are from Jersey.

Me too!

Jess & Mohamed

Timeline

oh yes then you will want a lot of evidence .. remember your daily chats for years aren't necessary but samplings of them over time.

lots of pictures with dates the list goes on and on.. check the guidelines on vj .. come back with your list of stuff for a check in

a detailed statement of your relationship timeline.. meetings etc

contact any other members from the same consulate to see how their packages/interviews went

be prepared for ap

actually you do NOT need a lot of evidence. and tunisia does not have mandatory ap. I just had 7 or 8 photos, itineraries, and PaSSPORT STaMPS (those are very important to prove meeting in person ) Tunis is a fairly easy embassy as long as you don't have any red flags. we have our interview tomorrow in tunis for fiance visa so I'll let you know if they asked for anything more than what was sent with petition. good luck

Edited by EricaandHafedh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would make calls to my fiance using online calling cards such as from aloarabs.com and it gave me ask the transactions I made so I just printed those out. Also now I use rebate and that had a pretty easy log. So in total I didn't send that much. I did include maybe like 6 pictures and all my plane tickets asking with receipts of places we visited even when we went out to eat.

Timeline

actually you do NOT need a lot of evidence. and tunisia does not have mandatory ap. I just had 7 or 8 photos, itineraries, and PaSSPORT STaMPS (those are very important to prove meeting in person ) Tunis is a fairly easy embassy as long as you don't have any red flags. we have our interview tomorrow in tunis for fiance visa so I'll let you know if they asked for anything more than what was sent with petition. good luck

Please keep in touch and let me know how everything goes!

GOOD LUCK !!!

Jess & Mohamed

Timeline

Thanks smile.png That is good to hear!

Please keep in touch and let me know how everything goes!

GOOD LUCK !!!

**also, i did send my fiance call logs etc so he has them in case they ask at the embassy but I didn't include them in the uscis petition. seems like the embassy only asks a few short questions and maybe to see a few more photos. send extra proof to him just in case after you get approved by uscis. uscis only wants proof of meeting (in the form of boarding passes and passport stamps

Timeline

**also, i did send my fiance call logs etc so he has them in case they ask at the embassy but I didn't include them in the uscis petition. seems like the embassy only asks a few short questions and maybe to see a few more photos. send extra proof to him just in case after you get approved by uscis. uscis only wants proof of meeting (in the form of boarding passes and passport stamps

Okay. Great :)

I will still send SOME call logs, etc.

Since thats what everyone says to send!

just to be 100% SAFE.

******Also how long did it take...from the moment you sent your i-129f package until your interview??***

Jess & Mohamed

Timeline

Okay. Great smile.png

I will still send SOME call logs, etc.

Since thats what everyone says to send!

just to be 100% SAFE.

******Also how long did it take...from the moment you sent your i-129f package until your interview??***

Check out my timeline and you can see exactly. also fill in yours once you start the petition. It was 4 months to get uscis approval (mailed it in end of december and received approval may tenth). from there to nvc to embassy. the embassy contacting us was slow, you have to contact them to get them working. we received packet 3 from embassy in june and sent the papers they wanted, then received interview date about a week later. overall from december 28th mailing to July 11th interview date.

Timeline

Check out my timeline and you can see exactly. also fill in yours once you start the petition. It was 4 months to get uscis approval (mailed it in end of december and received approval may tenth). from there to nvc to embassy. the embassy contacting us was slow, you have to contact them to get them working. we received packet 3 from embassy in june and sent the papers they wanted, then received interview date about a week later. overall from december 28th mailing to July 11th interview date.

WOW. not bad at all.

Hope we have the same luck as you and your fiance! star_smile.gif

Jess & Mohamed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

For my loved one, she went through in Qatar. She had prepared a few pictures showing us together after we filed the K1, but they asked for none of it. In fact, in their checklist to us to prepare for the interview, there was no mention of proof of ongoing relationship. Just the forms were required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Tunisia would be considered a high risk country for fraud so you will need a considerable amount. The best is to add a variety of documents and small snippets from different days, weeks, and months since your petition was approved. It's better to be safe than sorry and might also prevent delays.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We gave the USCIS our pictures and flight itinerary and we got approve and a fb page that we officially engage. That's it wink.png goodluck with uour journey!

Yes, but USCIS requirements are often different from the respective consulate because the county of the fiance can have a substantial affect on how much is needed and exactly what is need. The requirements vary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.