resalien

Divorce...now what happens? confused/sad

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I would be nice (I'm a woman, at-home mom, came here in 2008, almost never worked, has to support myself and my 3 and half son... almost without complaining).

After your 6 months out of the country, you can now go get a job if you don't watch the child anymore, so now you will help to pay for child care, for alimentation...for the child. If it's too much burden, go get a second job.

You can find jobs at some stores, some offers great benefit (health insurance). The fact that you took care for the child was maybe a win-win situation, but now that things change, you have to change your mind...Asking the mother of your child to care financially about you!!!!

I feel sorry for this woman and your child.Really.

Get a job to care about this child. Think about the child first.

Work 3 jobs.

In 5 years I have never been so piss off by a post.

Edited by MIDUVIL

Okay I have heard enough bus from some losers who have nothing else but try to belittle ppl on forums. You must feel good. I didn't come here and ask a question how to screw my ex wife or milk money from her. I wanted to know my rights. I don't know why the govt even requires it when it has to be enforced and some ppl on this board complain that their fiance/spouse do not want to marry because they don't want to sign the i864.

Thank you for all the info to the posters who didn't judge me.

To the lady who said she is so pissed off after reading my post. I can guarantee you that your ex is supporting your sorry behind. ( see, how silly it is to assume when you don't know the facts).

I take care of my child. I have not missed one payment. I barely get to see our child because ex is unreasonable. That's why I am fighting in court re custody. She talks bad about me. My kid tells me all the horrible things she has said about me in front of her.

I am going through hell. I just want this nightmare to end soon. I am not here looking for sympathy.

I have a degree. I am looking for a job but in this economy a PhD won't guarantee you a job. I am a mortgage broker but in Canada. I can't work as broker because I don't want to lose my residency. I can work from the U.S. but fear they may say I don't intend to be a U.S residence. I may be wrong but have been I am scared of ruining my chance of becoming a citizen. I was told by CPA tax accountant not to file income tax as I have not made anY income.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay I have heard enough bus from some losers who have nothing else but try to belittle ppl on forums. You must feel good. I didn't come here and ask a question how to screw my ex wife or milk money from her. I wanted to know my rights. I don't know why the govt even requires it when it has to be enforced and some ppl on this board complain that their fiance/spouse do not want to marry because they don't want to sign the i864.

Thank you for all the info to the posters who didn't judge me.

To the lady who said she is so pissed off after reading my post. I can guarantee you that your ex is supporting your sorry behind. ( see, how silly it is to assume when you don't know the facts).

I take care of my child. I have not missed one payment. I barely get to see our child because ex is unreasonable. That's why I am fighting in court re custody. She talks bad about me. My kid tells me all the horrible things she has said about me in front of her.

I am going through hell. I just want this nightmare to end soon. I am not here looking for sympathy.

I have a degree. I am looking for a job but in this economy a PhD won't guarantee you a job. I am a mortgage broker but in Canada. I can't work as broker because I don't want to lose my residency. I can work from the U.S. but fear they may say I don't intend to be a U.S residence. I may be wrong but have been I am scared of ruining my chance of becoming a citizen. I was told by CPA tax accountant not to file income tax as I have not made anY income.

Can you please explain a little further? Are you working in Canada at the moment? What do you mean that you can't work as a broker because you don't want to lose your residency?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

You can work from a Canadian based employer in the USA as long as your RESIDENCE (place that you live) is in the USA. You could also live on a border town and drive back and forth daily. As long as you live in the USA. Also have you looked into becoming a mortgage broker in the USA?

I can also say that a PhD that is recognized in the USA would get you a job.

Have you tried Walmart? McDonalds? Washing cars? Anything?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Can you please explain a little further? Are you working in Canada at the moment? What do you mean that you can't work as a broker because you don't want to lose your residency?

I am saying, I am not looking for clients or advertising because I am in fear of losing my residency. I am not In Canada. I am living in the States.

You can work from a Canadian based employer in the USA as long as your RESIDENCE (place that you live) is in the USA. You could also live on a border town and drive back and forth daily. As long as you live in the USA. Also have you looked into becoming a mortgage broker in the USA?

I can also say that a PhD that is recognized in the USA would get you a job.

Have you tried Walmart? McDonalds? Washing cars? Anything?

Yes I have tried. I have gone with my resume and have talked directly with the managers at Bonne/Ralph's/albertsons.....with one look at my resume with my education/work exp...they tell I am overqualified. I don't know if I should get rid of my end and work exp to be considered for those jobs. I have even tried to volunteer but have been turned down. I can understand because of liability issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello Resalien,

I really apologize for what I wrote. I was wrong.

To tell the truth all the week I was pissed off, so it wasn't totally from your post.

I'm also married (not an ex) and my husband is wonderful, 7 years that we know each other, and he is still so wonderful (strong and sweet). Lol.

I hope that everything will be fine for you. Sorry for the situation with your child.

Timeline

Yes I have tried. I have gone with my resume and have talked directly with the managers at Bonne/Ralph's/albertsons.....with one look at my resume with my education/work exp...they tell I am overqualified. I don't know if I should get rid of my end and work exp to be considered for those jobs. I have even tried to volunteer but have been turned down. I can understand because of liability issues.

Yes, you should change your resume. My husband has several degrees and is a teacher, but here he is working in the tool and die industry. It isn't great, but it's a job. However, I still don't understand why you can't work as a broker here in the U.S. Having split from my childrens' father, I know it was important to redirect my energy, and avoid having ill-will toward him. Sometimes it is hard to have good feelings, but things get better with time. Good luck working out some sort of shared custody with your child. It's important to have both parents in the picture.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Yes change it. Make it a functional resume vs a chronological one. State your skills in plain language. Best things are customer service and a willing, friendly attitude. Dress for the job at the place, not for the job you don't have. However, have you tried banks or other mortgage brokers?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hello Resalien,

I really apologize for what I wrote. I was wrong.

To tell the truth all the week I was pissed off, so it wasn't totally from your post.

I'm also married (not an ex) and my husband is wonderful, 7 years that we know each other, and he is still so wonderful (strong and sweet). Lol.

I hope that everything will be fine for you. Sorry for the situation with your child.

Hey,no worries. I am glad that you are in a happy relationship. I wish I could say my ex was sweet lol. I am sorry for my response.

Yes, you should change your resume. My husband has several degrees and is a teacher, but here he is working in the tool and die industry. It isn't great, but it's a job. However, I still don't understand why you can't work as a broker here in the U.S. Having split from my childrens' father, I know it was important to redirect my energy, and avoid having ill-will toward him. Sometimes it is hard to have good feelings, but things get better with time. Good luck working out some sort of shared custody with your child. It's important to have both parents in the picture.

Hi, I just want any job. I don't care. Especially in this economy we have no choice. I have no I'll will towards my ex. I want to see my kid and have a job so I don't have time to think about what has happened. I wish my ex would come to her senses that our child need both of us. But her family is the problem/poison.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i think you could work as a mortgage broker in the USA because you are legally allowed to work in the USA, holding a 10 year green card.

Sure, it may mean that you move to another city, to work for a mortgage brokerage firm, but hey !!

re: when to apply for uscitizenship.

some calendar math...

grab yer 2 year card. look at the first date printed on it, that earliest date.

move forward 5 years, subtract 90 days. The result is the first day you can apply.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yes change it. Make it a functional resume vs a chronological one. State your skills in plain language. Best things are customer service and a willing, friendly attitude. Dress for the job at the place, not for the job you don't have. However, have you tried banks or other mortgage brokers?

Thanks for the tip. I will do that. So I can't go to Ralph's in a suit for an interview? lol I have tried banks. I am overqualified for teller position. I can't work as a mortgage broker because lending laws/requirements are diff. In fact you can't give loans in diff provinces.

Timeline

Hi, I just want any job. I don't care. Especially in this economy we have no choice. I have no I'll will towards my ex. I want to see my kid and have a job so I don't have time to think about what has happened. I wish my ex would come to her senses that our child need both of us. But her family is the problem/poison.

I hope she comes around too. Maybe with time she will realize that your daughter needs her dad. I am sure it's hard, but I also know that your daughter can see you for who you are, no matter what her mom tells her about you.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.