zooropa

Anyone from TSC K1 fiance please comment when you get a case number!!

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I called the NVC yesterday and still no sign of them receiving anything from the USCIS. However I was doing a lil research on the website of the US Embassy in London and noticed something very interesting. Now on our NOA2 is said it was forwarding it the the listed consulate which on the notice it didn't have the location of which consulate. When I looked on the Embassy of the US consulate website I came upon this page......

New Immigrant Visa Fees Effective February 1, 2013, all individuals issued immigrant visas at the U.S. Embassy in London must pay a $165.00 USCIS Immigrant Fee before traveling to the United States. Only prospective adoptive parents whose child(ren) is/are entering the United States under either the Orphan or Hague Process, Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants who were employed by the U.S. government, returning residents, and those issued K visas are exempt from the new fee. The fee must be paid after the immigrant visa has been issued but before the applicant travels to the United States on the visa. Read more.... .

An immigrant visa is required of anyone who wishes to enter the United States to reside there permanently, whether or not that person plans to seek employment in the United States. U.S. immigration law provides for the issuance of immigrant visas in four general categories: immediate relative, family based, employment based, and the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, known as the "green card" lottery.

There are THREE steps involved in applying for an immigrant visa:

Step 1: Filing an immigrant visa petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Step 2: The processing of the immigrant visa either by the National Visa Center in New Hampshire or the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in London.

Step 3: The immigrant visa interview and medical examination.

To find out more about this process, please click on the relevant tabs on the left-hand Navigation bar.

Further information is available from the Department of State website.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE STEP 2 it says it will be processed at the NVC or the IMMIGRANT VISA UNIT IN LONDON!!!!

Now for all of us that received our NOA2 and said sent to consulate I wonder if this is what they meant... Interesting...I'll be looking more into this later on today but if anyone else does please let us know.

Good luck again to everyone.

Correct me if I am wrong, but K-1 visas are non immigrant since they are only good for 90 days. That is why you have file to adjust your status to permanent resident after you get married in the states.

Check out these pages:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/fiance.html

The London embassy page states this "The approved petition is forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit at this Embassy through the National Visa Center in New Hampshire. On receipt of the approved petition the Immigrant Visa Unit will begin processing the visa application."

They are processed similarly to immigrant visas, but K-1s are non-immigrant. The "forwarded to listed consulate" is a standard line and if there is no consulate listed it just means it was sent to the NVC on its way to the embassy.

I hope that helps!

December 31, 2012: Petition received

January 2, 2013: NOA1

January 8, 2013: Officially engaged <3

May 30, 2013 : Transferred VSC to TSC

June 26, 2013 (175 days) : NOA2

July 22, 2013 (26 days) : Sent to NVC

July 30, 2013 : Arrived at NVC

July 30, 2013 (8 days) : Received case number

August 9, 2013 : Fiance received packet 3

August 15, 2013 : Medical

September 26, 2013 : Interview : AP additional medical information needed

October 11, 2013 : 2nd Medical appointment

October 31, 2013: 2nd Medical report picked up by Embassy courier

November 21, 2013: 2nd Medical report received and our case with with an officer for review

January 17, 2014: Refused (found inadmissible)

Filing a waiver to lift the inadmissibility....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

NOA2 June 25th, Notice of shipment to DOS July 16th... I called the DoS today and they told me that the NVC has received my case but they told me to call NVC to get my case number/info. So, I'm on hold with NVC right now :)

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

NOA2 June 25th, Notice of shipment to DOS July 16th... I called the DoS today and they told me that the NVC has received my case but they told me to call NVC to get my case number/info. So, I'm on hold with NVC right now smile.png

Hopefully you get the number while you're on the call.

I've got my notice of shipment on 17th so I'll try calling on Monday !

Good luck !

Timeline

Hooray, the 2nd 20 minute wait was worth it! I got our case number! The rep said they only keep them in the buildling for about 5 business days (and they received the case yesterday), so that means some time next week it should be shipped off to the embassy! I had a dream the other night that my fiance's interview was scheduled for September 5th. VERY vivid dream. I'm holding that date in my heart and now it's not looking all that crazy! Anyway, if anyone got their shipment notice this week, start calling! Mine was only 3 days ago and voila! Case number! Good luck to all still waiting and thanks to everyone for the continued support of this awesome community :)

Timeline

So yesterday my fiance called DOS and they told him our new case number and that it will be sent to my embassy within 1 to 2 days.This morning the online tracker said our case is still at NVC and tonight it states that it is IN TRANSIT :-)

This may be a silly question, but what online tracker? I just got our case number and I asked the customer service rep if I could check anywhere online to see when it's sent out and she told me no, I just have to call back if I want to check.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sek - you and I seem to run on the same course! congrats - I got mine today too! :)

Mine is NoA2 6/25, shipped from USCIS 7/16, number assigned today. :)

looks like they are finally realizing how to do it correctly there and expediting the K1s like they should have. We are still trying for mid august tfor him to be here - we will be begging for an early interview slot, etc as we are ready to go.

good luck everyone who hasn't gotten their number yet - looks like it will come soon! :)

Timeline

Sek - you and I seem to run on the same course! congrats - I got mine today too! smile.png

Mine is NoA2 6/25, shipped from USCIS 7/16, number assigned today. smile.png

looks like they are finally realizing how to do it correctly there and expediting the K1s like they should have. We are still trying for mid august tfor him to be here - we will be begging for an early interview slot, etc as we are ready to go.

good luck everyone who hasn't gotten their number yet - looks like it will come soon! smile.png

Congrats, Jeannie! Maybe we'll be interview date twins as well :)

Btw in response to my own silly question, here's where everyone can check your case transit once you've got the number from NVC: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

You are very lucky. Mine was shipped from NVC on 7/10 and still nothing. This is the 5th week since NOA2 (June 13)

I did get a response from NVCResearch an hour ago telling me to wait another 6-8 weeks that my case was "received recently". And my congressman's office was told another 1-2 weeks. Who knows.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

This may be a silly question, but what online tracker? I just got our case number and I asked the customer service rep if I could check anywhere online to see when it's sent out and she told me no, I just have to call back if I want to check.

Try this

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

It's considered an immigrant visa type for this kind of online check so don't get confused. Just put your case number in there and find out where your case is :)

Nov 30th 2012.....Filed Petition I-129F

Dec 6th 2012.......NOA1 (VSC)

May 29th 2013.....File got transferred to TSC

June 18th 2013....NOA2 (after 196 days!!!)

July 9th 2013.......Case is sent to NVC

July 18th 2013.....Medical in Munich

Aug 28th 2013.....Interview in FRN - Approved!

Aug 30th 2013.....Visa in mail!

Sep 13th 2013.....POE Boston

Nov 12th 2013.....Wedding in Old City Hall, Boston

Dec 02nd 2013....Sent AOS package

Dec 04th 2013.....Package received

Jan 02nd 2014.....Requested expedite for EAD due to severe financial loss (pending job offer)
Jan 06th 2014......Biometrics Appointment
Jan 07th 2014......EAD/AP Combo Card in production
Jan 13th 2014......Combo Card received in mail
Mar 12th 2014.....Potential Interview Waiver Letter
Apr 23rd 2014......Status update to "Card Production"
Apr 25th 2014......Status update to "Decision"
Apr 28th 2014......Welcome Letter arrived
May 3rd 2014.......Green Card arrived

Just got the case number!

NOA1 - 7th Dec

Transferred to TSC - 29th May

NOA2 - 18th June

notice that it was sent to NVC - 11th July

NVC Case number - 19th July

Timeline

You are very lucky. Mine was shipped from NVC on 7/10 and still nothing. This is the 5th week since NOA2 (June 13)

I did get a response from NVCResearch an hour ago telling me to wait another 6-8 weeks that my case was "received recently". And my congressman's office was told another 1-2 weeks. Who knows.

Dustin, I am so sorry man. I can only imagine what you may be going through. You were one of the first ones from the TSC batch to get approved and now you have to go through this #######. I really feel for you and I sincerely hope you get your number ASAP.

Dustin, I am so sorry man. I can only imagine what you may be going through. You were one of the first ones from the TSC batch to get approved and now you have to go through this #######. I really feel for you and I sincerely hope you get your number ASAP.

Thanks. I'm trying not to let it ruin my birthday tomorrow. We are planning a skype dinner/breakfast date. She will eat dinner and I will eat breakfast. Haha. We just planned it today, so it's been keeping my mind off NVC. When we got approved on June 13th we really though her getting here around my birthday would be realistic, haha we were wrong.

Timeline

Thanks. I'm trying not to let it ruin my birthday tomorrow. We are planning a skype dinner/breakfast date. She will eat dinner and I will eat breakfast. Haha. We just planned it today, so it's been keeping my mind off NVC. When we got approved on June 13th we really though her getting here around my birthday would be realistic, haha we were wrong.

Yea, when we filed in December, we thought realistically by June end, she would be in States but we were wrong as well. We barely made it to our approval by June end. I guess with this immigration process, we just can't be sure what will happen when. It is just safe to not have any major plans/occasions scheduled before you get everything you need. The bitter truth, what to say !!

PS: Many many happy returns of the day in advance, and I do hope you get your number tomorrow from NVC as a birthday gift :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.