zooropa

Anyone from TSC K1 fiance please comment when you get a case number!!

721 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

you need to go to the Egypt forum and find out the answer..each Embassy is different for this step....good luck

Thanks, but I wasn't asking a question about my Embassy...I'm asking specifically about the NVC stage of K1... My application was sent to TSC with everyone else's and we were one of the earliest to be approved at TSC. However, I haven't called NVC yet because I have no idea why I should or what I should say. Perhaps I should be calling them but I have no idea why. LOL That's what I was hoping someone might offer a short answer on or give me a link that I've missed to some information, I can't seem to find anything on this board that is K1 -NVC stage specific. I'm interested in doing anything that will help us and all of you guys getting our visas faster and sharing accurate information about the process and timeframes. Even if I was to make a new topic, which I am happy to do, I don't know if it should be here or in the K1 board!

We met when Heather travelled to Egypt to be an au pair!

Our K1 Visa Journey:

12/19/12- NOA1 -VSC

--- moved to "another office" 5/24/13

--- moved to "local office" 5/29/13

--- "is now being processed at a USCIS office" 5/30/13 ... what??

5/30/13- Transfer to TSC

6/18/13- NOA2

7/16/13- NVC Assigned Case #

7/29/13- Case Arrived at Embassy

7/31/13- Packet 3 Received (completed and sent back in 5 days)

1/16/14- Interview Assigned

1/21/14- Interview

2/03/14- Visa Issued!!

4/09/14- Entry into America (JFK)

4/23/14- MARRIED in local courthouse

4/29/14- AoS packet completed and mailed

5/02/14- NoA for AoS received

5/09/14- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

6/04/14- Biometrics Appointment

7/30/14- EAD/AP Combo Card Received in Mail

Need help with your visa but don't want to pay expensive legal fees? Take an online course --> www.myvisaclassroom.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Usually it's 8 weeks or more for other visas... They keep telling me 15 working dys when I tell thm I have a fiancé visa ... Did u tell thm it was a fiancé visa

It seems that everyone is getting the same either 30 to 60 days or 8 weeks response. I just received my approval on 6/28 and I am not sure if I should start calling them after the responses you all have been getting. However, I have to change the address for beneficiary while the file is at NVC so I guess my best bet would be to keep calling them every day in case they receive it early and send it out (being optimistic here :) )

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't mean to sound annoying but can we keep this thread strickly for the TSC delay? Each Embassy handles the packets differently and the best thing to do is go to that Embassy's forum for the quick answers...

Thanks! smile.png

quote name="pacharya" post="6348728" timestamp="1373056733"]

Thanks a lot for this information SherryandDaniel.

I wasn't aware of the consulate e-mailing packet 3 and 4. I always read and thought that we will need to update her address so the packets can reach at the right location. If they are just e-mailing the packets then you are right, it is not required to change the address.

Any other information you can share for AU would be much appreciated.

So all of us are now waiting for NVC to receive the case.

What happens after we get the case number from NVC?

Then we have to wait for Consulate to receive the case? And once they do, then the packets get sent out?

Sorry if I am repeating any of the information. Just so nervous and want to do things in correct order to avoid any delays.

Thanks again !

Fair enough Zooropa !

I just felt it was easier to answer someone a question if you were responding to their previous message but I am sorry for giving this thread a different direction, it wasn't the intention.

Usually it's 8 weeks or more for other visas... They keep telling me 15 working dys when I tell thm I have a fiancé visa ... Did u tell thm it was a fiancé visa

Hi Angelina,

I haven't actually called NVC yet. I just got NOA2 in mail today. So I will start calling them starting Monday. I will keep you guys posted about what I find out.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

no problem! :) I noticed the other thread ("waiting room") was getting pulled in a few different directions and felt we needed a thread to deal directly with this delay from TSC to NVC. I wish everyone to get a speedy transport of these files to the NVC, we all deserve it after the VSC/TSC delay....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I just got off the phone with NVC after being on hold for 30 minutes. The lady who answered wasn't very polite and she told me 8 WEEKS!! Then I come on here to find out that NO TSC transfers have gotten their case numbers!! Whats going on? I was approved on June 19th so just two weeks ago, and realistically I was thinking okay it'll probably take a month...but TWO? Thats not right... we have all been waiting a long time and waiting patiently I thought things would be speeding up now

K1 VISA

01/15/2013-I-129f sent
01/17/2013-NOA1 date
02/01/2013-NOA1 hardcopy received
06/19/2013-NOA2 APPROVED!
07/11/2013-Case forwarded to DOS (took them long enough)
07/30/2013- Case received by Vancouver. Received packet 3 via email
08/16/2013-Received packet 4
09/09/2013-Medical
09/11/2013-Interview APPROVED!
09/23/2013-POE YVR airport
10/22/2013-Marriage

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/23/2014-Filed for Greencard
02/10/2014-NOA1 received
03/12/2014 RFE :(

03/18/2014-Biometrics
05/20/2014 Work permit received
July 2014 interview and approval! Received green card!

August 2014 found job!

and the journey continues....

Has anyone from TSC called USCIS and talked to tier two? I tried to but after being on hold for 1 hour the line disconnected and it was after 6pm at this point so I couldn't call back. Or Infopass? I have an appointment for July 10th (earliest available appointment at Atlanta field office).

hello Fellow TSC. We were told to call on the 19th (exactly a month after our approval). I am still hoping to get it earlier than the said date but giving them at least a month is still tolerable. we can do this! ;) still have faith that everything will be fine.

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Timeline

Has anyone from TSC called USCIS and talked to tier two? I tried to but after being on hold for 1 hour the line disconnected and it was after 6pm at this point so I couldn't call back. Or Infopass? I have an appointment for July 10th (earliest available appointment at Atlanta field office).

I did speak to an Officer (Tier 2) on Wednesday. Took over an hour wait to get to them, then when I asked where my file was, he put me on hold for another 15 minutes. He came back and said it was not at NVC, and there was no batch number assigned to it. Then he said maybe that they just failed to log a number for it so "it might not mean anything". He said give it 30 days.

Well 30 days for us is next Saturday. I guess then they will tell me wait another 30 days. Sometime during that 8 weeks someone might decide to do their job an send the case to the right location. Lol.

Timeline

hello Fellow TSC. We were told to call on the 19th (exactly a month after our approval). I am still hoping to get it earlier than the said date but giving them at least a month is still tolerable. we can do this! wink.png still have faith that everything will be fine.

I don't mind waiting 30 days for the case number if that's the normal process..but the problem is no other center waits that long on average. Sure, a single filer may get caught up in an extended wait, but a whole center not forwarding ANY of the files to NVC for 3-4 weeks? And being told 8 weeks? This is WAY out of the normal time to forward these files, these files are already approved...there is little to be done other than assign them in batches and ship them....very troubling....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't mind waiting 30 days for the case number if that's the normal process..but the problem is no other center waits that long on average. Sure, a single filer may get caught up in an extended wait, but a whole center not forwarding ANY of the files to NVC for 3-4 weeks? And being told 8 weeks? This is WAY out of the normal time to forward these files, these files are already approved...there is little to be done other than assign them in batches and ship them....very troubling....

troubling indeed...coupled with the fact that TSC doesn't typically handle I129f's, makes me think something is up...it would be different if CSC and VSC were being told 8 weeks to get their number...there has to be some additional checking, processing or something that's going on...grumble, harumph and aargh. ;)

Timeline

troubling indeed...coupled with the fact that TSC doesn't typically handle I129f's, makes me think something is up...it would be different if CSC and VSC were being told 8 weeks to get their number...there has to be some additional checking, processing or something that's going on...grumble, harumph and aargh. wink.png

I agree, I know the I-130 is a long extended wait to NVC, maybe TSC is not equipped to move these files along like CSC and VSC and the shipping contractor is handling them like I-130s? Something in the TSC system is handling these files differently than CSC and VSC....We can see the reaction by the Center because they have changed the time from 15 business days to 30-60...they know there is a problem here.....

i agree. it seems they are hoarding our papers and paying the price that we are considered transfers. they should be sending it like the normal service centers. hope to hear from them soon next week hopefully. its so hard to be in a limbo but we can do this. ;)

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.