zooropa

Anyone from TSC K1 fiance please comment when you get a case number!!

721 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

yep, I am on the same boat guys. Was transferred to TSC from VSC. Received my approval on June 28th so still not expecting NVC to have our case. I will try to call them on Monday and see if they have our case. Will keep you guys posted.

Timeline

I just called them about 30 minutes ago, and was again told "Wait 8 weeks" uuuuuughhhh

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

We just got off the phone to the Department of State. They told us it's still a bit early, and generally it takes 30-60 days, although the average at the moment is around 30 days and to call back next week.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Timeline

We just got off the phone to the Department of State. They told us it's still a bit early, and generally it takes 30-60 days, although the average at the moment is around 30 days and to call back next week.

What number do you call for the Dept of State? Do they have any additional info? I also heard back from my senator's office and they said:

"I have checked with the National Visa Center. They tell me that it has not been received in as yet. Because both the immigration service center is so far behind and the NVC is trying to catch up I have been told it could be up to 8 weeks before they get it. "

Doesn't really make sense though because people from CSC ad VSC are getting their numbers who have NOA2's after many of us.

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline

It seems that everyone is getting the same either 30 to 60 days or 8 weeks response. I just received my approval on 6/28 and I am not sure if I should start calling them after the responses you all have been getting. However, I have to change the address for beneficiary while the file is at NVC so I guess my best bet would be to keep calling them every day in case they receive it early and send it out (being optimistic here :) )

What number do you call for the Dept of State? Do they have any additional info? I also heard back from my senator's office and they said:

"I have checked with the National Visa Center. They tell me that it has not been received in as yet. Because both the immigration service center is so far behind and the NVC is trying to catch up I have been told it could be up to 8 weeks before they get it. "

Doesn't really make sense though because people from CSC ad VSC are getting their numbers who have NOA2's after many of us.

The number is 202 663 1225. Generally they are better to call than the NVC, as they can see the bigger picture, it's quicker to get through and most people have said they're a lot friendlier and more helpful.

I don't get why CSC and VSC are still getting them quickly and we aren't, especially as we were transferred due to being out of processing time. Our congressman's office told us they'd forwarded our concerns onto the TSC, and we've heard nothing as of yet.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Just called DOS and they said 6-8 weeks. I asked why and she said she has no idea, but that is what they are being told now by USCIS. When I called Wednesday they told me 30 days. The truth is no one knows or cares. It's not their fn job.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

It will be one month of time late next week for the first TSC approvals....I have to believe by Thursday there will be some numbers issued...this is crazy... why are we getting all this hassle when the other centers are moving fast?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It will be one month of time late next week for the first TSC approvals....I have to believe by Thursday there will be some numbers issued...this is crazy... why are we getting all this hassle when the other centers are moving fast?

I don't get it either. I talked to another guy today at DOS and he didn't give me either timeframe. I asked if they were holding them in batches and he said they shouldn't be - that there are different kinds of visa files that have to move back and forth from there all the time and they shouldn't be holding things. Each person you talk to, it's a different answer...are we allowed to ask for supervisors?

I am starting to wonder if since TSC doesn't typically do K1s that someone is double checking them before they leave or when they arrive...ugh.

Timeline

It seems that everyone is getting the same either 30 to 60 days or 8 weeks response. I just received my approval on 6/28 and I am not sure if I should start calling them after the responses you all have been getting. However, I have to change the address for beneficiary while the file is at NVC so I guess my best bet would be to keep calling them every day in case they receive it early and send it out (being optimistic here smile.png )

Hi Pacharya! For Australia, you don't really need to update the beneficiary's address unless you just really want to. They e-mail packet 3 and 4, so it doesn't need to be updated for that. And for when they mail you back your passport, they used the pre-addressed envelope you supply at the interview. I have read on the regional forum to bring an updated G-325A just in case if you want. Any way, do what makes you feel comfortable. I just wanted to let you know in case you were stressing about it! :)

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline

The number is 202 663 1225. Generally they are better to call than the NVC, as they can see the bigger picture, it's quicker to get through and most people have said they're a lot friendlier and more helpful.

I don't get why CSC and VSC are still getting them quickly and we aren't, especially as we were transferred due to being out of processing time. Our congressman's office told us they'd forwarded our concerns onto the TSC, and we've heard nothing as of yet.

Thanks for the number. I'll start trying to call them next week, just to mix things up. lol

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline

Hi Pacharya! For Australia, you don't really need to update the beneficiary's address unless you just really want to. They e-mail packet 3 and 4, so it doesn't need to be updated for that. And for when they mail you back your passport, they used the pre-addressed envelope you supply at the interview. I have read on the regional forum to bring an updated G-325A just in case if you want. Any way, do what makes you feel comfortable. I just wanted to let you know in case you were stressing about it! smile.png

Thanks a lot for this information SherryandDaniel.

I wasn't aware of the consulate e-mailing packet 3 and 4. I always read and thought that we will need to update her address so the packets can reach at the right location. If they are just e-mailing the packets then you are right, it is not required to change the address.

Any other information you can share for AU would be much appreciated.

So all of us are now waiting for NVC to receive the case.

What happens after we get the case number from NVC?

Then we have to wait for Consulate to receive the case? And once they do, then the packets get sent out?

Sorry if I am repeating any of the information. Just so nervous and want to do things in correct order to avoid any delays.

Thanks again !

Timeline

I have also got my Congressman looking into the TSC delay...he feels they should be moving at the same speed as the other centers....alone it won't make a difference....but if several politicians inquire...maybe it will break this loose....

Timeline

I don't mean to sound annoying but can we keep this thread strickly for the TSC delay? Each Embassy handles the packets differently and the best thing to do is go to that Embassy's forum for the quick answers...

Thanks! :)

quote name="pacharya" post="6348728" timestamp="1373056733"]

Thanks a lot for this information SherryandDaniel.

I wasn't aware of the consulate e-mailing packet 3 and 4. I always read and thought that we will need to update her address so the packets can reach at the right location. If they are just e-mailing the packets then you are right, it is not required to change the address.

Any other information you can share for AU would be much appreciated.

So all of us are now waiting for NVC to receive the case.

What happens after we get the case number from NVC?

Then we have to wait for Consulate to receive the case? And once they do, then the packets get sent out?

Sorry if I am repeating any of the information. Just so nervous and want to do things in correct order to avoid any delays.

Thanks again !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.