NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ya know... People don't mind answering questions but it helps if you at least read the previous few pages, where most of your questions have been answered.

It doesn't matter when before POE you paid, the production process only gets triggered on entry. The only time payment date matters is if you pay after entry.

Cris won't show your case until you move to "optimized" which will probably be about 2 months after entry.

Your stamped immigrant visa is a temporary green card for a year so you can travel with it and use it for anything else you would need a green card for.

Thanks SusieQQQ for your quick response, I really appreciate it. However, I called the UNCIS help line and the lady told me that the stamp on your passport is just a entry stamp and for travel you need to get a info pass appoitment and get a I-551 stamp then you will be allowed to enter i am now all puzzled... need help in this regard

Thanks SusieQQQ for your quick response, I really appreciate it. However, I called the UNCIS help line and the lady told me that the stamp on your passport is just a entry stamp and for travel you need to get a info pass appoitment and get a I-551 stamp then you will be allowed to enter i am now all puzzled... need help in this regard

That is puzzling. If you look at the bottom of your visa (you did enter on an immigrant visa right?) there is a sentence that says something like "upon endorsement serves as temporary I551 ..." I know people who have successfully re-entered using this too.

In an email from USCIS they said to me

Lawful Permanent Residents of the United States may produce one of the following as acceptable documentation when travelling:

· I-551, Permanent Residence Card ("Green Card")

· Machine-readable immigrant visa with a CBP Admission Stamp

· Temporary Residence Stamp (ADIT stamp) contained in a passport or on Form I-94

· Valid Reentry Permit

· Unexpired Immigrant Visa

But if it you are still worried then just get an infopass appointment and get another stamp...

Edited by SusieQQQ

i went to the immigration office in new york and asked it. The lady told me that the stamp is ok to travel for 1 year starting from the first entry date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If'n you'd like pointed, direct answers on your particular case,

please get on a PC and fill out, completely,

your official timeline over at

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=177137

Thanks so much, and Thanks in Advance !

Hey - Study your visa in yer passport , particularly the line that reads 'endorsement' then report back what else you find in your passport.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi i got married on 2012 my categorie visa is CR1 i know the categorie is correct

i just dont understand the dates on the port of entry stamp and in my green card

Yes DARNELLl, thanks for your answer

yes i have 2 years , because im CR1 ,i entered in USA before my 2 years marriage anniversary,

do you think its ok because in my port of entry stamp , they noted CR1 Feb 1, 2016 and in my green card expiration date is : Feb 2, 2016 , day +

it's not considered as a mistake? , i appreciate alot your help

Congratulations sara82. :) you got there in the end . Yayyyyyyyyy

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't just check for CR1. Check for the EXPIRATION date.

The issue wasn't the CR1 or IR1 designation but rather that people had a 10 year expiration when should have only had a 2 year expiration.

Yes mine had 2016 on it for expiration

Hey - Study your visa in yer passport , particularly the line that reads 'endorsement' then report back what else you find in your passport.

My visa shows the following line: Please see attached pic

"Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" When I entered the Immigration officer has just put a stamp plus write one year expiry and IR1 on it

post-177137-0-44835800-1395414769_thumb.jpg

My visa shows the following line: Please see attached pic

"Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year" When I entered the Immigration officer has just put a stamp plus write one year expiry and IR1 on it

The stamp and annotation by the CBP officer is the endorsement...

Timeline

some movement this evening...

1. CRIS status - shipped with usps tracking #, 2 day priority with 100 insurance. w00t !

2. ELIS - no update, from the last time i reported.

3. USPS - wow - it's moving this evening !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Congratulations sara82. :) you got there in the end . Yayyyyyyyyy

Thank justoleme ,

did you got your green card ? hope you received it ,

i just read the previous posts , congratulations yayyyyy you got your card toooo, finally!

hope the others who have not received the card yet to receive it soon ,

Edited by sara82

Timeline

Sweet ! The mailing address set up in ELIS was not used ! Going to my old business address in Irving, Thank God it's still my staff there to intercept it.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

What is the number to call USCIS to check the status for green card? What option to pick when calling?

I would suggest something else:

A. WebStuff

___1. Get the receipt number from ELIS

___2. Enter the receipt number in CRIS , add the receipt # to your USCIS portfolio

___3. Wait a day, the updated info in CRIS will show up

B. Telephone

___1. Call the USCIS hotline number 800-375-5283

___2. Punch no buttons after the first ring

___3. A Spanish Speaker will come on the line , let them wind down, then say 'English Please!'

___4. Pose yer question to that sub-human. If sub-human is confused, ask for Tier 2, ISO, and be prepared to wait for 4 hours (or get a call back)

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.