Mike Bowman

Consulate sent username and password for profile

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi! My girl just received an email out of the blue from the Ukraine Consulate called "Your US Travel Documents Customer Portal". Can anybody tell us what this means and if they sent this what is a timeline before we are issued our NOA2? I'm thinking they are finally working on our K1 petition but I have no clue. It doesn't have much for us to do inside this portal site. Any help would be great!

Mike

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus regional subforum for country-specific input. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi! My girl just received an email out of the blue from the Ukraine Consulate called "Your US Travel Documents Customer Portal". Can anybody tell us what this means and if they sent this what is a timeline before we are issued our NOA2? I'm thinking they are finally working on our K1 petition but I have no clue. It doesn't have much for us to do inside this portal site. Any help would be great!

Mike

Can't say exactly but from what I know, the Embassy will not have any knowledge of a case being worked on until after it is approved and gone through NVC and then sent to the Bmassy. You may very well have your case (approved of course) at the Embassy.

Email them.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Mike

wow.. smells like an approval that you didn't get.. did you check your case status at uscis? if it shows approved, call and ask for a copy of your noa2.. you can also contact nvc to see if there was a case number assigned by the embassy.. and yes if it is indeed at the embassy, you are only dealing with them now

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mike

The consulate in Kiev has absolutely nothing to do with your petition. They do not even know it exists until after the petition is approved, sent to the NVC and the NVC forwards it to them. They will get an electronic transmission before the paper copy arrives but will not enter your case in the system until the paper arrives.

The email is unconnected to your petition. Perhaps she entered some information about herself in their system for another reason? This portal is the one used to apply for tourist visas, etc., online.

There is no such thing as "finally working on our K1 petition" Your petition is sealed in a box. When that box is opened by an adjudicator and your petition is removed, it will be approved or rejected for an RFE about 20 minutes later. If it is approved it will be on its way to NVC within the next business day. Unless there is some "problem" that needs approval by higher ups, the petition flies across the adjudicators desk in a few minutes.

"Touches" usually indicate when the box is moved to another part of the SC. They scan the box and every petition in that box gets an "update" which people here at VJ refer to as a "touch" for some odd reason. It does not mean anyone touched or looked at your file but is an internal method to keep track of where everything is. USCIS calls it what it is ...an update. "This box is now in warehouse 234, shelf 34, bay 6" Whatever. Why they are reported on the status update is anyone's guess. Probably to appease anxious petitioners.

When your petition is approved, you will be notified. If something is missing you will get an RFE

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

wow.. smells like an approval that you didn't get.. did you check your case status at uscis? if it shows approved, call and ask for a copy of your noa2.. you can also contact nvc to see if there was a case number assigned by the embassy.. and yes if it is indeed at the embassy, you are only dealing with them now

Deosn't smell like that at all.

When the petition is approved, you get a letter from USCIS stating this. This is called by VJ members "NOA2" USCIS calls it an I-797 notice of approval. If you get an RFE then that would be your 2nd NOA, but not an approval.

Then the approved petition is sent to the NVC who sends a letter when it is forwarded to the Kiev consulate with a "KEV" number. NVC assigns the case number, NOT the consulate. You are suggesting that the petition was approved and he never received ANY of the usual notification from USCIS and none of the usual notifications from NVC and none of the usual notifications from the consulate. You are getting way into the outfield bleachers by now.

ANY correspondence from the consulate from that point forward would refer to the case by the KEV number. If there is no KEV number on the email, then it is something un-related.

Kiev responds to the approved petition by mailing the KEV-1 packet to the applicant (his fiancee) Suggesting this "smells like" every procedure downstream of the approval has been lost is not plausible.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

please post the U R L .

Thanks in advance !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mike,

You guys are a few months behind us, you still have a bit of time for the RFE's and or NOA2. My Petition should have reached Kiev last week. I also forwarded my package of documents to my fiance over a week ago so she will be prepared for her interview. As yet she has not recieved her instructions from the embassy or recieved my USPS express package, we are both on pins and needles. I think you have another 6 months of this stuff.

Good Luck and be patient.

Jeff (Palm Beach Gardens) Elena (Kharkov, Ukraine)

Timeline

Mike,

You guys are a few months behind us, you still have a bit of time for the RFE's and or NOA2. My Petition should have reached Kiev last week. I also forwarded my package of documents to my fiance over a week ago so she will be prepared for her interview. As yet she has not recieved her instructions from the embassy or recieved my USPS express package, we are both on pins and needles. I think you have another 6 months of this stuff.

Good Luck and be patient.

You need not wait for anything from Kiev. It is all available for download from their website. All it is are the forms and instructions for applying for a visa. You can get that anywhere.

When your petition arrives in Kiev it will take 2-3 weeks to "get in the system" They cannot make an appointment before then. The call center is updated on Friday afternoon, AFTER they close. Call on Monday morning and ask if your case number is there. If they say YES, then kae an appointment. If they say NO then wait until the next Monday to call, nothing will change before then, calling every day is a waste of time.

By then you will have downloaded the forms and completed them and be ready for the interview. You do not send anything to Kiev, she brings it with her, so you do not need to send anything back to them. This is how KIEV does it, other consulates do it other ways.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mike

Hi Mike ! Can share the URL ?

Do you know if Kiev is shifting to using the ustraveldocs site or no?

If no, is possible she has some spoof email, but

I ask again - can you share the url of the portal , here ?

TIA !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Mike ! Can share the URL ?

Do you know if Kiev is shifting to using the ustraveldocs site or no?

If no, is possible she has some spoof email, but

I ask again - can you share the url of the portal , here ?

TIA !

Kiev is already using USTravelDocs and has been using it for a while now (I think around half a year or so).

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Deosn't smell like that at all.

When the petition is approved, you get a letter from USCIS stating this. This is called by VJ members "NOA2" USCIS calls it an I-797 notice of approval. If you get an RFE then that would be your 2nd NOA, but not an approval.

Then the approved petition is sent to the NVC who sends a letter when it is forwarded to the Kiev consulate with a "KEV" number. NVC assigns the case number, NOT the consulate. You are suggesting that the petition was approved and he never received ANY of the usual notification from USCIS and none of the usual notifications from NVC and none of the usual notifications from the consulate. You are getting way into the outfield bleachers by now.

ANY correspondence from the consulate from that point forward would refer to the case by the KEV number. If there is no KEV number on the email, then it is something un-related.

Kiev responds to the approved petition by mailing the KEV-1 packet to the applicant (his fiancee) Suggesting this "smells like" every procedure downstream of the approval has been lost is not plausible.

yes I understand the process, thank you for explaining. all I replied to the OP was to check status.. did it appear to be an approval.. yeah it could be.. or it couldn't be.. nothing I stated is contrary to your observations, but thanks for the detailed call out :)

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.