goodlucklife

The Waiting room for fiancé visa case number is it 10 days or 20

1,090 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi all,

Happy 4th of July to those in the US! Not feeling all that patriotic today... hmm I wonder why ;-)

I think I'll make my first call to DOS (or NVC) tomorrow. My NOA2 date is June 25th, so I didn't want to waste my time calling before now. Anyway, for those of us off from work today, have a drink, go to a barbeque, watch some fireworks, Skype extra long with your honey and take a load off! The time is near and it's our last summer alone, so let's all try to stay positive! Every time I get frustrated waiting at each step of the way, I keep saying to myself, well this is the last ______ without him here. Surprisingly, it helps get me excited a little again for his move here.

Re: sending documents for the visa interview, I'm sending the actual Affidavit (two originals w/ signatures) to him via FedEx (I think there's a good chance they'll want an original of that) and also "originals" of our entire I-129F packet (as recommended here in the guides) and the originals of my boarding passes to visit him the last 2 times since we filed. Everything else (tax transcripts, pay stubs, letters, etc.) I'm scanning and letting him print. I'm also letting him print all the recent photos of us, Skype logs, facebook chats, etc. FedEx is quite expensive, but I learned my lesson the hard way once when sending him a Christmas present. I sent it "express" mail through USPS and it got lost and ended up getting there in mid-January. So, it's worth it to me. So sorry to hear about your troubles with the post, batallion9! Good luck recovering everything!

And good luck to everyone else on here!

Edited by sek298

Timeline

Oh, also, the K1 guides here recommend sending another letter of intent to marry, dated closer to the interview, so I'll probably stick the original of that in the FedEx envelope as well, just in case.

Hi all,

Happy 4th of July to those in the US! Not feeling all that patriotic today... hmm I wonder why ;-)

I think I'll make my first call to DOS (or NVC) tomorrow. My NOA2 date is June 25th, so I didn't want to waste my time calling before now. Anyway, for those of us off from work today, have a drink, go to a barbeque, watch some fireworks, Skype extra long with your honey and take a load off! The time is near and it's our last summer alone, so let's all try to stay positive! Every time I get frustrated waiting at each step of the way, I keep saying to myself, well this is the last ______ without him here. Surprisingly, it helps get me excited a little again for his move here.

Re: sending documents for the visa interview, I'm sending the actual Affidavit (two originals w/ signatures) to him via FedEx (I think there's a good chance they'll want an original of that) and also "originals" of our entire I-129F packet (as recommended here in the guides) and the originals of my boarding passes to visit him the last 2 times since we filed. Everything else (tax transcripts, pay stubs, letters, etc.) I'm scanning and letting him print. I'm also letting him print all the recent photos of us, Skype logs, facebook chats, etc. FedEx is quite expensive, but I learned my lesson the hard way once when sending him a Christmas present. I sent it "express" mail through USPS and it got lost and ended up getting there in mid-January. So, it's worth it to me. So sorry to hear about your troubles with the post, batallion9! Good luck recovering everything!

And good luck to everyone else on here!

What are the affidavits for?

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Oh nevermind, you are talking about the 1-134.

Yep, I mean the I-134 (Affidavit of Support). Sorry, I've been referring to it as the "Affidavit" to my dad (our co-sponsor), who's a lawyer :)

Timeline

I am confused about the whole affidavits (I-134). I am a beneficiary, did they need me to fill affidavit of financial support. i

Nope. Your petitioner needs to fill it out to prove he/she can provide you with financial support. Or, if you have a co-sponsor, both the petitioner and co-sponsor need to fill one out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

My petition was approved 6/26. I just called DOS to see if it had made it to the NVC yet, and the woman I spoke to said she did not see it in the system yet :(

December 31, 2012: Petition received

January 2, 2013: NOA1

January 8, 2013: Officially engaged <3

May 30, 2013 : Transferred VSC to TSC

June 26, 2013 (175 days) : NOA2

July 22, 2013 (26 days) : Sent to NVC

July 30, 2013 : Arrived at NVC

July 30, 2013 (8 days) : Received case number

August 9, 2013 : Fiance received packet 3

August 15, 2013 : Medical

September 26, 2013 : Interview : AP additional medical information needed

October 11, 2013 : 2nd Medical appointment

October 31, 2013: 2nd Medical report picked up by Embassy courier

November 21, 2013: 2nd Medical report received and our case with with an officer for review

January 17, 2014: Refused (found inadmissible)

Filing a waiver to lift the inadmissibility....

Filed: Timeline

Approval 06/19. Called DOS today and first thing she said when I told her the approval date was that it seemed a bit early. Gave her the receipt number and said it wasn't in the system yet. I asked for a timeframe and she said 30-60 days MAX, but the average right now is about 30 days and expects that it would be around mid-July and to try again in about a week from now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OK , I am late in this discussion and am also confused. I got NOA2 from TSC July 3. I understand we call NVC in about 2 weeks to get number. My question is what number? I read case number, then LIM or something. So is it case number, or are there additional numbers, etc. I want to make sure I ask right question and get everything done at one time if I can. Thanks!

OK , I am late in this discussion and am also confused. I got NOA2 from TSC July 3. I understand we call NVC in about 2 weeks to get number. My question is what number? I read case number, then LIM or something. So is it case number, or are there additional numbers, etc. I want to make sure I ask right question and get everything done at one time if I can. Thanks!

It is your case number. The case number is the number assigned to the beneficiary's embassy in their home country, so everyone's is different. For example, someone applying from the Manila Embassy in the Phillippines would have a MNL number, whereas as I'm going through London, mine will be an LND number - eg. LND XXX XXX XXX etc. But it is called a case number.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Timeline

It is your case number. The case number is the number assigned to the beneficiary's embassy in their home country, so everyone's is different. For example, someone applying from the Manila Embassy in the Phillippines would have a MNL number, whereas as I'm going through London, mine will be an LND number - eg. LND XXX XXX XXX etc. But it is called a case number.

Thanks, now I understand. I think mine will be KEV. Don't know what to think about TSC situation. It appears TSC has NOT sent any approved petitions to NVC. Some people still waiting after 4 weeks, so this kills the " batch every 2 weeks theory" This is really a cluster f*%K. Things should have been better thought out. My luck, they send out first batch day before my approval and now I will wait another 4 weeks for my petition to arrive at NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Well it's really sad because when you research this .. In the past k1s are assigned within 7-10 days... All they need to do us give a number and forward the darn thing

Ths is becoming a hardship for me cuz. Run a business ...sighhhhhhhhh

Timeline

Well it's really sad because when you research this .. In the past k1s are assigned within 7-10 days... All they need to do us give a number and forward the darn thing

Ths is becoming a hardship for me cuz. Run a business ...sighhhhhhhhh

I leave town Monday, but will be back late Wen. On Thursday I will call my Senators office. His secretary is a patient of mine. I didn,t know it till last week. I Went to their office and was surprised when I saw her. She sent in request for me last Friday and I got approved on Wen. Maybe she can help. Looks like it is going to take a lot of us complaining to get TSC to start sending files in a timely manner. Hell if it is logestics, they can figure something out. VSC got our files to TSC in a week. They could get our files to Dallas lock box which sends files to VSC weekly, then VSC could send our files to NVC. But that would take intelligent thinking on USCISs part, which it appears they do not have any.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I get really frustrated here. My fiance called up NVC last night, gave our NOA2 date which is June 13 .The rep just told him 8-10 weeks after June 13, that's when they get to put us in their system. Another 10-14 business days after that when my fiance gets to have the hard copy of the case number from the mail. My question is , WHY WILL THEY HAVE TO TAKE THAT LONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG??????would the 7 months of waiting for NOA2 not enough? we have to take another 2- 3 months just for a case number? I dont really understand why CSC and VSC can get theirs in 7 to 10 days..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.