miktev23

Do I need a co-sponsor?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! I've been searching and searching this K1 forum about my problem to get answers but couldn't seem find a topic with the same exact concern I have. Anyway, my petition for my fiance has been approved last June 13 and today I received my NOA 2, we are very excited but I'm very concerned about the fact that I still live with my parents, though I meet the annual income requirements(last year I made a little over 22k), worked at the same place for 5 years now and just graduated an Associated Degree(if it matters). My dad was also telling me that I barely pass the poverty guideline which adds up to my worries. My dad is willing to co-sponsor for us, but do I really need one? Plus, it was stated that the Manila Embassy doesn't allow co-sponsors. Please help? Thanks so much in advance!

125% of the federal poverty guideline for a family of two (you and your future wife) is $19,387. You should be fine. Be sure to include a tax transcript, letter from your employer stating your job stability and salary, and a few recent pay stubs with your i-134 form you send her.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

125% of the federal poverty guideline for a family of two (you and your future wife) is $19,387. You should be fine. Be sure to include a tax transcript, letter from your employer stating your job stability and salary, and a few recent pay stubs with your i-134 form you send her.

That. good.gif

Btw, my husband (then-fiancé) was in a similar situation as you OP; he was still living with his parents, and his income was similar to yours. We got approved without any hassle. Good luck to you!

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Agreed- I was in the same situation with my now husband. I petitioned for him to live here with me when I was fresh out of college and making $40, 000 a year. I was concerned that my living and depending on my parents would make a huge difference, but in reality, it doesn't. In fact, if you are living at home and saving money and can prove via bank records that you have saved a little, it may even help your case. :) Best of luck!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! I've been searching and searching this K1 forum about my problem to get answers but couldn't seem find a topic with the same exact concern I have. Anyway, my petition for my fiance has been approved last June 13 and today I received my NOA 2, we are very excited but I'm very concerned about the fact that I still live with my parents, though I meet the annual income requirements(last year I made a little over 22k), worked at the same place for 5 years now and just graduated an Associated Degree(if it matters). My dad was also telling me that I barely pass the poverty guideline which adds up to my worries. My dad is willing to co-sponsor for us, but do I really need one? Plus, it was stated that the Manila Embassy doesn't allow co-sponsors. Please help? Thanks so much in advance!

As long as you meet or exceed the requirements stated on the I-864P you will be fine.

There is a link in my signature below this post for the K-1 process in Manila... look down and click.

Pop down to the Philippine forum and say "Hi"

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You must meet poverty guidelines in order to sponsor a family member or fiancé to come to the U.S. It’s not really a concern by how much you meet the guidelines. And, there’s no rule saying you can’t live with your parents. Many people in the U.S. now do because of the economy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.