6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey there VisaJourney,

My wife and I filed for her Green Card on December 27th of 2012. Our original interview was for March 28th, but we had a pre-planned family trip to Vegas with flight and hotel already paid for so we had to reschedule. The reschedule went fine and we had our interview at the Atlanta Field Office on May 2 2013. The interview went great, I had a big binder with all the documents she needed to see and more, and she said we should hear something within 1-2 weeks. It has now been a month and a half and we have not received anything from USCIS (until today, more on that later). We have called the National Center multiple times and every time they tell us they cannot give us any more information because it is at a field office. They suggest we schedule an Infopass appointment, but our case type isn't listed in their online system and I don't really want to take 1 day off to drive to Atlanta (2 1/2 hours each way) to schedule and another day off to Infopass just for them to tell us it is being worked. In the online system the status of our 485 has not changed since the interview was rescheduled, it just says your interview has now been rescheduled and a notice has been sent.

Today we received the approval letter for our I-131 (I'm not super positive I even had to do one of those since she was already here on a J-1 visa). The letter is very official and all, but gives us no information about our 485 status, other than that we should apply for a 485 now that the 131 is approved. We filed the 131,485,EAD, and AP all at the same time. Is this normal and we just need to wait or should I schedule the Infopass to make sure we haven't gotten lost in the system? Thanks for your time.

They are doing further checks on your case. There is nothing you can do but wait. They will contact you for either approval, second interview, or denial. You are undergoing in-country AP.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone...I am a newbie here on VisaJourney...If anyone could give me an advice...I arrived here in the States last March 20, 2013, me and my fiancé got married just last June 06, it was still within the 90 days K1 visa requires but my I-94 is only valid till this day June 17th but not have filed AOS yet...will there be any problem with me staying here in the US with an expired I-94...or will there be a problem filing for my AOS since my I-94 has already expired? Your replies will be appreciated...thanks a lot!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone...I am a newbie here on VisaJourney...If anyone could give me an advice...I arrived here in the States last March 20, 2013, me and my fiancé got married just last June 06, it was still within the 90 days K1 visa requires but my I-94 is only valid till this day June 17th but not have filed AOS yet...will there be any problem with me staying here in the US with an expired I-94...or will there be a problem filing for my AOS since my I-94 has already expired? Your replies will be appreciated...thanks a lot!

This is posted about often on VJ. You can do a search here and find lots of info on this topic. You could start by reading this recent thread asking the same thing> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/435726-consequences-of-filing-aos-with-expired-i-94/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

They are doing further checks on your case. There is nothing you can do but wait. They will contact you for either approval, second interview, or denial. You are undergoing in-country AP.

Alright thanks. I told my wife there was probably nothing we could do but the length of time we have gone without any way to get updates has her worried. Thanks for your help.

Timeline

We still have no word from them on her status, and the website still shows interview rescheduled. Should we try to schedule an Infopass appointment to get some information?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.