10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

our NOA2 says our case has been forwarded to the consulate. we already called nvc and they said that they don't have our case yet and it's more than 15 days already since we got approved. what should we do? i haven't heard or received any information from the USEM either. for those who had the same NOA2, can you please share your experience. TIA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

First thing is, don't panic. Files don't disappear. Just have a plan, and follow it.

I would first call the customer service number for USCIS, tell them you received your NOA2 but NVC has no record of your file. Find out when the CA service center sent the file to NVC.

Then call NVC again with the info from the service center.

Then call the consulate.

Somewhere in there you will find your materials have just gotten stalled, sidetracked, or maybe just took a little longer than usual.

It could be that it's just taking longer these days. Maybe someone else here has info regarding the Manila consulate.

Good luck.

Timeline

i just talked with a Manila Embassy rep and she said they don't have my case yet. but she adviced me to send an email to the embassy for further checking. we are still waiting from the NVC's repsonse since they asked for a copy of our NOA2. hoping to hear from them soon and if not, then we have to call USCIS office since they were the last one who processed the cased. i will give an update as soon as i got a response from the usem and nvc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

our NOA2 says our case has been forwarded to the consulate. we already called nvc and they said that they don't have our case yet and it's more than 15 days already since we got approved. what should we do? i haven't heard or received any information from the USEM either. for those who had the same NOA2, can you please share your experience. TIA

All petition files are sent to NVC before they are forwarded to the respective embassy. It takes a couple weeks most times (don't forget about holidays). At this point you should call NVC and email them for your MNL #, contact info below.

There is a link in my signature below this post for the complete process for Manila, including info for NVC.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

we already called them several times from our 15th days from approval date. they said they didn't received our case yet. they even requested for a copy of our noa2. i know that all cases must be forwarded to the nvc after getting approved before they sent them to the embassy to get our mnl#. i just don't understand why uscis will send some with noa2 stating that the case was forwarded to the listed consulate while the most common noa2 will say that it will be forwarded to the nvc like it's supposed to. if uscis sent our case to nvc indeed, (despite of what's our noa2 states) i wonder why they can't give us our mnl# and that they don't have it on their system yet when it's almost a month now since we got approved. i already talked with an embassy rep and she said that they don't have the case yet and that it's supposed to be in nvc first.

the last thing we want now are unnessary delays specially that it seems like we don't have any idea where our case is right now so i think it's better to be proactive about this. for now, we will be making the calls for nvc, the embassy and maybe uscis office. wish us luckcray5ol.gif

Timeline

we already called them several times from our 15th days from approval date. they said they didn't received our case yet. they even requested for a copy of our noa2. i know that all cases must be forwarded to the nvc after getting approved before they sent them to the embassy to get our mnl#. i just don't understand why uscis will send some with noa2 stating that the case was forwarded to the listed consulate while the most common noa2 will say that it will be forwarded to the nvc like it's supposed to. if uscis sent our case to nvc indeed, (despite of what's our noa2 states) i wonder why they can't give us our mnl# and that they don't have it on their system yet when it's almost a month now since we got approved. i already talked with an embassy rep and she said that they don't have the case yet and that it's supposed to be in nvc first.

the last thing we want now are unnessary delays specially that it seems like we don't have any idea where our case is right now so i think it's better to be proactive about this. for now, we will be making the calls for nvc, the embassy and maybe uscis office. wish us luckcray5ol.gif

OMG - we're in the same boat as you!!! NOA2 received 5/13/13 from CSC. The I-797 indicates it will be sent to the consulate, not NVC. I have been calling the NVC every day the past 2 weeks, and also have sent a copy to their research email with a copy of NOA2. But so far, they can't help. All they say is keep waiting. It's already been 34 days - way too long for a file to make its way from California to New Hampshire!!!

I called the USCIS customer service number last week, and they were not helpful. I was escalated to tier 2, but all they told me is that it can take as long as 90 days to reach the consulate.

I called USCIS customer service again today, and they suggested that maybe the file was sent directly to the embassy, if that's what was indicated on the NOA2, even though its not the standard process. So, tonight at 7 pm central US time, I will begin calling the US embassy in Manila.

Has anyone ever heard of a file going directly to the embassy without first going to NVC???

My fiancee and I are so frustrated by this latest situation. We are so close to being together... and then this unexpected delay!!! If we just had that MLA number, we could be together here in the US in late July or early August. But with this delay, there is no telling when!!!

...what should we do?

^^^ Sometimes it takes a month or more for the NVC to receive the petition. Call the NVC every day until they give you your MNL case number.

...most common noa2 will say that it will be forwarded to the nvc like it's supposed to.

^^^ Not true. Most (if not all) will say the petition is being forwarded to the consulate.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

OMG - we're in the same boat as you!!! NOA2 received 5/13/13 from CSC. The I-797 indicates it will be sent to the consulate, not NVC. I have been calling the NVC every day the past 2 weeks, and also have sent a copy to their research email with a copy of NOA2. But so far, they can't help. All they say is keep waiting. It's already been 34 days - way too long for a file to make its way from California to New Hampshire!!!

I called the USCIS customer service number last week, and they were not helpful. I was escalated to tier 2, but all they told me is that it can take as long as 90 days to reach the consulate.

I called USCIS customer service again today, and they suggested that maybe the file was sent directly to the embassy, if that's what was indicated on the NOA2, even though its not the standard process. So, tonight at 7 pm central US time, I will begin calling the US embassy in Manila.

Has anyone ever heard of a file going directly to the embassy without first going to NVC???

My fiancee and I are so frustrated by this latest situation. We are so close to being together... and then this unexpected delay!!! If we just had that MLA number, we could be together here in the US in late July or early August. But with this delay, there is no telling when!!!

MNL number finally received on June 23. I filed research request with NVC, service request with USCIS, and paid a personal visit to the local USCIS office in St Louis using infopass. There is no telling whether any of those efforts hastened the process, but at least everything moved very quickly after. So 42 days from NOA2 to NVC (ridiculous, right???) for a process that should take no longer than 2 weeks. Anyway, at least the NVC and Manila consulate moved quickly. The case was out the door and in the hands of the embassy by June 25. Case was moved to ready status by June 28. My fiancee (and her two kids) motored through the forms, medical exams, and CFO seminar - and had her interview on July 11 (made up for some lost time). Approved!!!dancin5hr.gif 170 days total from NOA1 to approval. Visas will be in-hand this week. And my fiancee will be here on August 18.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.