teukros

G-325A dilemma

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancee (in Russia) has been doing some off thebooks work for the last couple of years for a company headquartered in a third country. This work is not reflected in her Work Book (official record of employment) and we were wondering if she should put her complete work history into her G-325A. Of course if she did this would contradict her official record...

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My fiancee (in Russia) has been doing some off thebooks work for the last couple of years for a company headquartered in a third country. This work is not reflected in her Work Book (official record of employment) and we were wondering if she should put her complete work history into her G-325A. Of course if she did this would contradict her official record...

i'll probably be verbally beat up for saying so, but if there is no record of the work, why bother saying anything? it could open up a can of worms neither of you want to deal with. best wishes

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I did a bunch of internships and worked as a store manager that never signed my book, and now I´m a teacher at an English Course here in town, none of those are in my work book and I can´t really prove it so in my G-325A form I said NONE under work.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

i'll probably be verbally beat up for saying so, but if there is no record of the work, why bother saying anything? it could open up a can of worms neither of you want to deal with. best wishes

You took a quick exit hu........ Im with you runhide0jb.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Id say omit it on the G-325A. My fiance also did some 'off the books' work in the last few years, but nothing that could really be reported as employment. He put "NONE" on his G-325A. We felt it would have been more complicated to explain the bits and pieces of odd jobs he did, some of which were only for a short while and looked more like job-hopping than anything substantial.

I agree, leave it out, it will just cause confusion. Maybe that's not the "right" answer, but I think it makes the most sense.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Do they really call your employers to verify? I am worried about entering the wrong dates or missing something?

Something new to stress about.. darn it!

I have serious doubts about your employers being contacted.

K1 Timeline:

12-22-05 I-129F mailed to CSC

12-27-05 USCIS receives I-129f

01-03-06 NOA1 by mail

03-14-06 NOA2 Case Approved

03-21-06 NVC sent case to BKK

03-27-06 BKK Embassy email "no record of my case"

03-27-06 NVC approval letter rcvd

03-30-06 BKK Embassy confirms case by email

03-31-06 Fiancee Medical passed

04-07-06 Packet 3 rcvd

04-20-06 Packet 4 rcvd

05-26-06 Interview 730am VISA APPROVED!!!

05-30-06 Pick up Visa 3pm

06-16-06 Arrived in USA POE LAX

07-05-06 Applied for SS Card

08-18-06 Married

AOS Timeline:

10-13-06 Mailed AOS packet

10-16-06 AOS rcvd CHI lockbox

10-25-06 AOS Touched

11-04-06 Biometrics Appt

01-09-07 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

01-10-07 email Welcome letter sent

01-09-07 email AP approved

01-12-07 email EAD approved

01-16-07 Welcome letter rcvd in the mail

01-18-07 EAD card rcvd in the mail

01-23-07 AP approval rcvd in mail

02-05-07 GreenCard in mail

03-07-07 Vacation in Thailand

03-15-07 Traditional Thai wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.