Mike and Lily

Fiance betrays me

229 posts in this topic

wow no sense of humor. Narrow minded? For laughing at farting? or calling you pops?

Apparently, your foot in your big mouth prevented you from seeing my response, so here it is again:

Do you really think you're speaking for ALL the young people? I won't call you immature. I'll call you narrow minded.

got it now Trey. Thank you for clarifying that for me. So... let me rephrase. Farting is funny to me and me only.

21FUNNY.gif

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honestly, looking at that stomach, that wasn't the first thing that came to mind. :no:

:o Go wash your hands brother and forgive me for straying you to the dark side.

Is this an example of Boys will be boys? :P

I just thought this thread needed a lift.

Can I say something serious for a moment? Ehem... Being here on VJ has really opened my eyes to the different views and takes on relationships and marriage. There are the romantic idealists (I tend to lean that way) and the pragmatists. The trouble often seems to be when a romantic idealist goes about looking for love in all the wrong places or being convinced that it can be bought and sold as a commodity. At least the pragmatist knows why he/she is going through such non-traditional routes to find a partner. That isn't to say that a pragmatist can't establish a lasting and loving relationship, it's just that they don't fool themselves into believing in the marketing. To each his own but if you're going to use such methods in finding a partner, don't be surprised if the product isn't quite the way it's protrayed on the package.

I commend the OP for being open to all opinions and that was on my mind. :star:

Honestly, looking at that stomach, that wasn't the first thing that came to mind. :no:

:o Go wash your hands brother and forgive me for straying you to the dark side.

Is this an example of Boys will be boys? :P

I just thought this thread needed a lift.

Can I say something serious for a moment? Ehem... Being here on VJ has really opened my eyes to the different views and takes on relationships and marriage. There are the romantic idealists (I tend to lean that way) and the pragmatists. The trouble often seems to be when a romantic idealist goes about looking for love in all the wrong places or being convinced that it can be bought and sold as a commodity. At least the pragmatist knows why he/she is going through such non-traditional routes to find a partner. That isn't to say that a pragmatist can't establish a lasting and loving relationship, it's just that they don't fool themselves into believing in the marketing. To each his own but if you're going to use such methods in finding a partner, don't be surprised if the product isn't quite the way it's protrayed on the package.

I commend the OP for being open to all opinions and that was on my mind. :star:

:yes::thumbs:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the inspiration. I really think the age issue is not that big of a deal right now. Maybe it would be later on in life. I am in better shape than many 25 year olds, but that's not the point. We do have things in common and have plenty to talk about. (and we do) However I would have a problem if she came to the USA and fell for a young stud muffin. I don't have a problem if she comes to the USA looking for a better life, as long as that life is with me. Maybe I am just being selfish that way, but that is the way I feel. Who needs to go through 9 mos. of USCIS hell only to get hurt.

Mike

Dear Mike,

First.... Nobody knows your situation and shouldn't be giving you counseling here at V.J.

So what I would like to do is tell you about my situation with my wife.

Lorna is in the Philippines, is 24 and loves me like crazy. I'm 56. I wasn't looking for a young girl but she saw my profile and pursued me.

I lover her with all my heart and hope our relationship lasts forever.

We had a jealousy issue in the beginning of our relationship. It was over nothing really, but made me realize that we needed a bigger power in our lives. God of course! I then talked to Lorna about this and we decided to put our relationship into Gods hands and we prayed...... We payed to God that we wanted his will..... his blessings. After we were done praying, I told Lorna that if our relationship WAS NOT God's will, then I wanted it to end. She agreed.

After that our love for each other grew stronger and stronger and the jealousy disappeared. And most importantly, I felt in my heart that if Lorna was not supposed to be with me.... I was ok with that because of how important God's wil is to me. I told Lorna that if we only lasted a week or a month or a year, I would enjoy my time with her and thank God for this time together.

If she gets to the USA and for some reason falls for a young stud muffin, I'm ok with that.

Things change..... people change..... I'm ever changing. So who is to say what will happen tomorrow. It's in God's hands.

Lorna is very mature for her age and I'm an old rock n roller so I am VERY young at heart. We both love music and we both love God. She is attracted to an older man like many filipinas and thinks guys her age are way to immature. She loves my knowledge of life since I've been "around the block" more than a few times. I am an old soul.

In our relationship, sometimes I'm like a father, sometimes like her brother. I'm a best friend husband and lover. She brings youth to the table. I love it. She keeps me awake and energized and reminds me to be alive and live.

As a young girl, a kid really, she will make her mistakes. There is so much she doesn't know about or understand.

She will try things...... She will make mistakes in her journey. I know cuz I sure made mistakes in my long life. I have to be patient, understanding, FORGIVING, and be there for here when she falls.

Its not up to me how bad her mistake is. What's important is that she truly loves me, will tell me the truth and communicate with me...... AND loves her God!

I want here to be able to live her life to the fullest. I can help. Hopefully I can teach her some of the "dos" and "do nots" in this crazy world.

As far as age difference. We talked about that and I let her know that I will prepare her for when I die since I am much older, and will prepare here so she can go on, find another good man and continue on with this wonderful life that God has blessed her with. She will have my home, my money and my knowledge to take with her on her journey. That will be my legacy.

I like to pray about important things like this and then put it in Gods hands. He ALWAYS guides me and gives me direction. Sure is easier than me going by my stupid decisions! hehehe!

God bless you Mike!

We are the poster children for chain migration!

K-1 Visa

10/13/06 - NOA1

01/25/07 - NOA2

02/12/07 - NVC sent petition to Guangzhou consulate

04/27/07 - Packet 3 received

06/17/07 - Packet 4 received

07/05/07 - Interview - Passed!

07/07/07 - Received K-1 visa

03/20/08 - Received 2 year Green Card

02/21/10 - Received 10 Year Green Card

10/18/11 - Sent N-400

03/22/12 - Sworn in as USC

IR-5 for parents

03/23/12 - Sent I-130

03/29/12 - NOA1

06/29/12 - NOA2

07/23/12 - NVC Received

08/10/12 - Received NVC Case No. and IIN

08/21/12 - AOS Fee Bill Received

08/27/12 - AOS Fee Bill Paid

09/04/12 - GZO numbers received

09/04/12 - AOS E-Mailed

09/06/12 - IV Fee Paid

09/06/12 - DS-230 E-Mailed

09/18/12 - Case Complete

11/01/12 - Interview - Passed

11/08/12 - Received IR-5 visa

F2-B for Brother & Sister

08/28/13 - NOA1

12/24/13 - NOA2

01/15/19 - Welcome letter

02/28/19 - Case Complete

06/20/19 - Interview letter

07/17-18/19 - Interview - Passed

07/31/19 - Received F2-B visa

Well, it just happened yesterday, he's upset. Though I know exactly what you mean. Not the typical timeline entry is it?

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Well, it just happened yesterday, he's upset. Though I know exactly what you mean. Not the typical timeline entry is it?

exactly... u dont put that in your timeline. An event like that is not something to broadcast. To flaunt. I am trying to find an analogy, but cant seem to find an appropriate one. :(

21FUNNY.gif

it's like art - titled betrayl begets betrayal.

Edited by jane2005

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.