batallion9

I-129F's on life support at VSC

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I've contacted my Congressman, sent complaint to Ombudsman. What next???? No approvals yesterday from VSC. It appears that since they transfered many to TSC, Those of us left are forgotten. How long will they leave us on life support???? We need more people to complain to ombudsman.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

They haven't approved any of the ones sent to Texas at all. I am an early December filer transferred to Texas and there is no movement at all since the transfer. They have been approving a few at Vermont periodically, so consider yourself lucky that you are still there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I don't know Sek. I'm one of those left back at Vermont and it's weird that they're working on February and even March and just skipped over us. I don't know whose ship is sinking faster, ours or yours. I guess we'll just have to see. Thoughts into when on earth we'll get an answer?

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I don't know Sek. I'm one of those left back at Vermont and it's weird that they're working on February and even March and just skipped over us. I don't know whose ship is sinking faster, ours or yours. I guess we'll just have to see. Thoughts into when on earth we'll get an answer?

True. This whole situation can make you feel pretty helpless. I'm still keeping fingers crossed for at least 1 approval out of Texas this week... but I'm keeping those at Vermont in my thoughts as well :-/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you! We need it. I have a feeling Texas will start pumping out approvals like California really soon. Maybe even this week? Fingers crossed for you guys! It would be nice to see the people that have been waiting the longest approved!

They haven't approved any of the ones sent to Texas at all. I am an early December filer transferred to Texas and there is no movement at all since the transfer. They have been approving a few at Vermont periodically, so consider yourself lucky that you are still there.

P.S. I've also started a petition if you're interested in signing it. We have a long way to go to 100,000 but hopefully if we spread it around it could happen!

Short URL: http://wh.gov/li933
Save and Share this URL: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/k1-processing-times-and-disorganization-uscis/43dxPgHZ

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you! We need it. I have a feeling Texas will start pumping out approvals like California really soon. Maybe even this week? Fingers crossed for you guys! It would be nice to see the people that have been waiting the longest approved!

I hope so. A lot of people who were transferred have contacted their representatives, so TSC has received tons of complaints regarding this. I would assume that they would want to just get rid of the transferred petitions ASAP so they can go on working on their regular stuff and not be bothered about them anymore.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Any idea what the cause of this non-activity is? When CSC was dead, we correlated it to DACA, but it seems like it's happening to VSC for no explainable reason. That would frustrate me even more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I wish ours would have gone to Texas. I think they're likely to see a lot happening. Those left at VSC seem to be skipped for later ones to improve the average wait times.

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
** transferred with 2nd group from VSC to TSC in late June
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
8/16/13 - Shipped from TSC
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
9/27/13 - CEAC Status Update
10/02/13 - DS-260 mailed in
10/15/13 - CEAC Status Update (DoS couldn't say what triggered it, did say no interview assigned, but all docs are in)
10/23/13 - Embassy email states they do not have our documents. Poor Steven does 160 again.
10/23/13 - DoS says our case is still "processing" and not "qualified" (interview ready) and to do newest forms.
11/05/13 - CEAC Update. DoS says case is "eligible for interview" and we're waiting on next interview date.
11/08/13 - Another call to DoS (Chris is a nice guy!) and no interview scheduled yet.
11/12/13 - Another call to DoS and no interview scheduled yet.
11/13/13 - Email from Embassy to Steven informing him that his interview is TOMORROW.
Hurray for Patron Saint of Immigrants - Mother Cabrini's Feast Day!
11/14/13 - INTERVIEW --- APPROVED!!!!!
11/19 & 11/20 - CEAC date update, but still at "Ready".
11/21 - CEAC Creation Date & Notice Changed.
11/22 - CEAC AP
11/25 - CEAC ISSUED -- yay!!
11/27 - DoS Shipment Notice (email) in AM. Pickup ready email sent in PM.
11/28 - Steven picks up docs from Bridgend - Happy Thanksgiving!
12/15/13 - Arrival in US. POE: JFK. (Heathrow - JKF - Richmond, VA by evening)
Getting Married in January with small ceremony.
Dream Beach Wedding with both families June 21, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I've contacted my Congressman, sent complaint to Ombudsman. What next???? No approvals yesterday from VSC. It appears that since they transfered many to TSC, Those of us left are forgotten. How long will they leave us on life support???? We need more people to complain to ombudsman.

Why are you contacting your congressman when you're not even to 5 months? Why are you even complaining at this point?

USCIS / VSC
3/08/2013: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
3/12/2013: NOA1 Issued
3/15/2013: NOA1 Received (VCS)

7/10/2013: Transferred to TCS

7/25/2013: RFE

7/31/2013: RFE Response Received
8/07/2013: NOA2

NVC

8/16/2013: Sent to NVC
8/21/2013: NVC received
8/26/2013: Case number

US Consulate Guangzhou

8/28/2013: P3
9/14/2013: P3 Sent
9/16/2013: P3 received by GUZ

9/24/2013: P4 received via email

10/22/2013: Interview - Approved

10/24/2013: Visa Issued

10/30/2013: Passport available for pickup.

USCIS California

6/17/2016 I-751 Sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Why are you contacting your congressman when you're not even to 5 months? Why are you even complaining at this point?

Oh , I'm sorry. In 1.5 week it will be 5 months. Lets see, VSC has cases from October and November, and still some of December . The approvals have almost stopped while the backlog grows. At this rate My case will come up in Sept if I'm lucky. Oh and what cases are approved were filed in Feb. I also complained about the injustice that occurred to all those people that were transferred to Texas with little to no information about their case. And mostly how ALL I-129f's filed by US CITIZENS have been pushed aside because of DACA cases filled by ILLEGAL residents. I don't know about you, but I think US CITIZENs cases should get priority!!! That's why I contacted my congressman.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I spoke to our case worker and she explained to us that it was the Canadian Information/ paperwork/ etc. that they were waiting for, or at least it was still in that stage. We were not in 'initial review' but something else. I have contacted my MP in Mississauga, Canada to see if there is any information they have, whether there information has been sent or anything to help..... I will have more updates

Jan 17NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I spoke to our case worker and she explained to us that it was the Canadian Information/ paperwork/ etc. that they were waiting for, or at least it was still in that stage. We were not in 'initial review' but something else. I have contacted my MP in Mississauga, Canada to see if there is any information they have, whether there information has been sent or anything to help..... I will have more updates

Jan 17NOA1

Hmm I wonder If the same may be going on with my petition. I'm also in Canada and would be moving to Florida where my fiance is! (I noticed it says Orlanda FL under your icon) and we have the same NOA1 date!!

Hoping there's some movement and approvals before the end of the month, especially for all the December people who were transferred! If I'm lucky by this time next month I'll have an answer. Praying for the best...

K1 VISA

01/15/2013-I-129f sent
01/17/2013-NOA1 date
02/01/2013-NOA1 hardcopy received
06/19/2013-NOA2 APPROVED!
07/11/2013-Case forwarded to DOS (took them long enough)
07/30/2013- Case received by Vancouver. Received packet 3 via email
08/16/2013-Received packet 4
09/09/2013-Medical
09/11/2013-Interview APPROVED!
09/23/2013-POE YVR airport
10/22/2013-Marriage

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/23/2014-Filed for Greencard
02/10/2014-NOA1 received
03/12/2014 RFE :(

03/18/2014-Biometrics
05/20/2014 Work permit received
July 2014 interview and approval! Received green card!

August 2014 found job!

and the journey continues....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope we get some thing soon I put in a expede today they said I should here something in 5 days .. I also contacted my congressman and his worker said to me today she emailed the gov and she has not gotten a response as of yet .. really email them call them do something else

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.