Gracevi

Letter or USCIS website?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everybody!!

Soon is gonna be 5 months since we received NOA1. Seems that the estimate gets shorter everyday! How accurate is that? Did it work for you guys?

I check my case status at least 5 times a day. From which one I`ll hear first? Mail to my fiancé or the USCIS website?

Another question...when we filled for my K1 unfortunately we didn`t know yet about the Visajourney, so we follow the instructions on the website USCIS, we sent the form with the payment only, we thought that they would ask for evidences and documents right after, but the only thing that we know is that they accepted the case. What might happen?

Thank you guys! headbonk.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mmm... I'm not sure, someone more seasoned could answer better, but unfortunately that doesn't sound like good news... :( You will most certainly get an RFE, which can add another month or two onto your time. That's best case scenario.. hopefully they don't just reject you outright.

The government will always take your money if you offer it.

Hope you hear from them soon! (You might want to try giving them a call too, to ask about your situation!)

We met when Heather travelled to Egypt to be an au pair!

Our K1 Visa Journey:

12/19/12- NOA1 -VSC

--- moved to "another office" 5/24/13

--- moved to "local office" 5/29/13

--- "is now being processed at a USCIS office" 5/30/13 ... what??

5/30/13- Transfer to TSC

6/18/13- NOA2

7/16/13- NVC Assigned Case #

7/29/13- Case Arrived at Embassy

7/31/13- Packet 3 Received (completed and sent back in 5 days)

1/16/14- Interview Assigned

1/21/14- Interview

2/03/14- Visa Issued!!

4/09/14- Entry into America (JFK)

4/23/14- MARRIED in local courthouse

4/29/14- AoS packet completed and mailed

5/02/14- NoA for AoS received

5/09/14- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

6/04/14- Biometrics Appointment

7/30/14- EAD/AP Combo Card Received in Mail

Need help with your visa but don't want to pay expensive legal fees? Take an online course --> www.myvisaclassroom.com

Hello everybody!!

Soon is gonna be 5 months since we received NOA1. Seems that the estimate gets shorter everyday! How accurate is that? Did it work for you guys?

I check my case status at least 5 times a day. From which one I`ll hear first? Mail to my fiancé or the USCIS website?

Another question...when we filled for my K1 unfortunately we didn`t know yet about the Visajourney, so we follow the instructions on the website USCIS, we sent the form with the payment only, we thought that they would ask for evidences and documents right after, but the only thing that we know is that they accepted the case. What might happen?

Thank you guys! headbonk.gif

First, checking the USCIS website that frequently will only drive you mad. Throughout this journey, there will be many times where things are out of your control -- this is one of them.

On only sending the K-1 and payment...at best, you'll receive an RFE and will have an opportunity to send in the remaining documentation. At worst, you'll receive a denial. You won't know until you receive documentation in the mail from USCIS stating which it will be. At this stage, instead of checking the USCIS website, gather up the documentation you left out, which includes things you'll need from the beneficiary, and hope for an RFE.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

I don`t mind waiting because my fiancé is coming to London for 2 months, the problem is that he is leaving San Diego in less than 2 weeks. I wish he would get the NOA2 before come :(

We called them and they said that we should wait.

I wish I knew this website before crying.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Quite a few people have been denied for only sending the form and payment with nothing else. Hope the person that is adjudicating your case is kind enough to send an RFE, but expect to be denied. You can wait and hope, or withdraw the petition, lose your fee and refile again providing all the required documentation. What to send is not just listed on the VJ guide. It is stated in the I-129F form instructions from the USCIS website.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I don`t mind waiting because my fiancé is coming to London for 2 months, the problem is that he is leaving San Diego in less than 2 weeks. I wish he would get the NOA2 before come sad.png

We called them and they said that we should wait.

I wish I knew this website before crying.gif

Well, while you're together, spend some time putting together the documentation for a successful I-129F petition package. Have him withdraw the current petition and refile.

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

I thought that being accepted was a good sign. crying.gif

Oh God...

if he refile it will take more 5 months to be accepted for NOA2?

It was accepted because the payment was processed, but the processing center doesn't adjudicate the petition package. If you're lucky it will be five months. Many folks going through the petition process now have been waiting for 8+ months for their petition to be reviewed.

Coming Soon...

Timeline

Well Gracevi, I was in the same boat. We sent them the form and payment only and they denied our petition outright. We had to file all over again. I am sorry but it happened to me.

I am very sorry to know that they denied yours, so what was your next step?

Timeline

It was accepted because the payment was processed, but the processing center doesn't adjudicate the petition package. If you're lucky it will be five months. Many folks going through the petition process now have been waiting for 8+ months for their petition to be reviewed.

I mean, if he refile it will start all over again?

I mean, if he refile it will start all over again?

Yes, you start back at step #1.

Coming Soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Call USCIS, ask for tier2 (a supervisor) Ask them if you can send in the rest of your information, to be placed with your I-129f. Hopefully they will say yes. This will save you time and money from refilling!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call USCIS, ask for tier2 (a supervisor) Ask them if you can send in the rest of your information, to be placed with your I-129f. Hopefully they will say yes. This will save you time and money from refilling!

i agree. it seems like the best bet for your situation. i have seen others get denied and waste money and time waiting. go ahead and call them. it will never hurt and who knows they might allow you to send the rest of the docs. good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.