Mr. Big Dog

The End of the Boy Scouts as you know them

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

boy-scouts-gay-ban-008.jpg

Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay members

GRAPEVINE, Texas – After lengthy and wrenching debate, local leaders of the Boy Scouts of America have voted to open their ranks to openly gay boys for the first time, but heated reactions from the left and right made clear that the BSA's controversies are far from over.

The Scouts' longstanding ban on gay adults remains in force, and many liberal Scout leaders -- as well as gay-rights groups -- plan to continue pressing for an end to that exclusion even though the BSA's top officials aren't ready for that step.

Meanwhile, many conservatives within the Scouts are distraught at the outcome of the vote and some are threatening to defect. A meeting is planned for next month to discuss the formation of a new organization for boys.

The vote was conducted by secret ballot Thursday during the National Council's annual meeting at conference center not far from Boy Scout headquarters in suburban Dallas. Of the roughly 1,400 voting members of the council who cast ballots, 61 percent supported the proposal drafted by the governing Executive Committee. The policy change takes effect Jan. 1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As an Eagle Scout, I don't really see this affecting much. You're talking about young guys and the expectation is still that the guys are sexually abstinent. So whether they think they're gay or think they're straight is not really a big deal in my opinion.

As far as the leaders, you shouldn't let in openly gay leaders. If you had a girls organization that involved camping with 12-17 year-olds and the rule was that male leaders were not allowed, nobody would find that odd. Even if those men are in committed relationships with other adults and have no history of being sexually aggressive towards underaged girls, it seems reasonable to not allow them to camp with groups of young girls. It's the same with gay men and young boys.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Merge all the scout divisions together ( girls and boys) and just call them Uniscouts so the world of scouting can be politically correct forever!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

What age group does Boy Scouts encompass, 10-17? I would like to know if there are a lot of openly gay youths in this range and how many of them are sexually active. Has it been that much of a concern in the past? We're talking kids to teenagers here. I can somewhat understand the concern for gay adult counselors, but even then wouldn't one be more of a pedophile than gay if attracted to young boys? Or a gay pedophile? It's not normal for a heterosexual man to be attracted to 10 year old girls either. So is the problem gays or pedophiles when it comes to counselors?

Do preteen and teenage gays force themselves upon their fellow non gay group members? Is that part of the concern? Is a pre-pubescent gay a thread to a non gay?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

What age group does Boy Scouts encompass, 10-17? I would like to know if there are a lot of openly gay youths in this range and how many of them are sexually active. Has it been that much of a concern in the past? We're talking kids to teenagers here. I can somewhat understand the concern for gay adult counselors, but even then wouldn't one be more of a pedophile than gay if attracted to young boys? Or a gay pedophile? It's not normal for a heterosexual man to be attracted to 10 year old girls either. So is the problem gays or pedophiles when it comes to counselors?

Do preteen and teenage gays force themselves upon their fellow non gay group members? Is that part of the concern? Is a pre-pubescent gay a thread to a non gay?

Do kids that age normally have an overt sexual orientation ?

Some do. Someone I know is a teacher, and had a student who is gay, who was in 7th grade. He fits every gay stereotype, and is attracted to other boys. Luckily, in California, he fits right in and has lots of friends (who are girls, generally).

In Japan, even, a teacher told me of a kid who was gay in 3rd grade. He had a big crush on one of his classmates (male), and on his teacher (male). He kept saying that he was going to marry the other kid, but the other kid didn't really like him back as more than a friend, apparently.

There are overt sexual orientations in lots of cases from young ages. Luckily, at young ages, the kids seem to be less prejudice of such kids, and they tend to fit in and do okay.

Most of the transsexuals I know of, also, were very different from a young age, interested in playing with girls and not boys (or vice versa), and doing girly activities instead of boyish activities (or vice versa).

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Merge all the scout divisions together ( girls and boys) and just call them Uniscouts so the world of scouting can be politically correct forever!

Boy scouts and Girl scouts have been merging for years. devil.gif

I do not see this as anything, much ado about nothing. You have adults given positions of responsiblity over young people and you trust them not to abuse that responsibility. It does not matter their sex or sexuality. There are heterosexual women as Boy Scout leaders...so what? I can reasonably expect they will not have sexual interaction with young boys...don't you? If they do, we have laws to address that already...scout rules are irrelevent. If a homosexual man is a scout leader...so what? I do not recall my heterosexual (I think, but who really knows?) scout leader discussing heterosexual sex with me, why would we think a homosexual would discuss sex with young men?

It is just, again, so much bullsh*t over nothing. Big yawn.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Some do. Someone I know is a teacher, and had a student who is gay, who was in 7th grade. He fits every gay stereotype, and is attracted to other boys. Luckily, in California, he fits right in and has lots of friends (who are girls, generally).

In Japan, even, a teacher told me of a kid who was gay in 3rd grade. He had a big crush on one of his classmates (male), and on his teacher (male). He kept saying that he was going to marry the other kid, but the other kid didn't really like him back as more than a friend, apparently.

There are overt sexual orientations in lots of cases from young ages. Luckily, at young ages, the kids seem to be less prejudice of such kids, and they tend to fit in and do okay.

Most of the transsexuals I know of, also, were very different from a young age, interested in playing with girls and not boys (or vice versa), and doing girly activities instead of boyish activities (or vice versa).

Guess so. I don't think I knew what sex was until about the age of 10 and probably did not know what a Homosexual was until after that.

Guess so. I don't think I knew what sex was until about the age of 10 and probably did not know what a Homosexual was until after that.

I don't know that those kids necessarily know what sex is, in a very detailed way anyway.

At that age, it's more "I want to marry someone of the same sex" than "I am sexually attracted to someone of the same sex."

The amazing thing is, though, although we don't know the cause of homosexuality, it really is something which follows an individual throughout his life, even from childhood, in many cases.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It's great you know about The Gheys.

What do you know about the Boy Scouts?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Heck with letting my kid join a ####### group, what is this world coming to? The world is offically gay. I never knew gays started out so young???!!!

Please just don't have kids.

Heck with letting my kid join a ####### group, what is this world coming to? The world is offically gay. I never knew gays started out so young???!!!

I wonder if you had a son, would he have looked like a boy scout