AJG & ESD

Active Duty Military I-134 and I-864 advice

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If you are currently Active Duty Military, you can use your Personal Statement of Military Compensation (PSMC) for evidence. This calculates all your pay, bonuses, taxed and untaxed money received. THIS DOCUMENT SHOULD BE USED TO DERIVE YOUR ANNUAL INCOME!!! Submit a copy of this along with any other documentation your are submitting for your affidavit of support. If you receive BAH, it is not taxed, but is a huge portion of your income, do not sell yourself short in terms of your actual income. For Army, as of 23 May 2013, your POC at DFAS to receive a PSMC is:

Chuck Harrison, CDFM

Military Pay Office - Indianapolis

Systems Liaison & Procedures Div.

DSN 699.6006 Comm 317.212.6006

CHARLES.HARRISON@DFAS.MIL

Please feel free to bug this man, it is his job, help keep him employed!!! They cannot retrieve past statements due to the size of the database, but a current year one will work. Good luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My wife's AOS was denied at the embassy in Brussels...according to them she only made 11,000 USD for 2012 but she was deployed most of that year (the Q box....)

Met : March 2012 in Afghanistan

Married : August 22,2012 in Belgium

USCIS

Califonia Service Center

Sep 24,2012 - I-130 send to Phoenix Lockbox

Sep 26,2012 - I-130 NOA1

Oct 04,2012 - I-130 case transferred from CSC to NBC Missouri

Oct 10,2012 - I-130 case transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

Jan 23, 2013 - I-130 approved!!!

NVC

Jan 28, 2013 - NVC received case

It's because they're not taxed on deployment income. She may need another statement showing she DOES make XX amount just that it wouldn't show up on the W2 or tax transcript. I know my husband had that issue for 2010 when he was deployed to Iraq for 6 months. His tax transcript income was less than 1/2 of what it actually was.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 1 month later...

This forum is slow on weekends, give it a few days! I thin he needs both for his taxes so if it's a tax return that's required he should need both. He can also call the military hotline and ask!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi everybody!
I just want to make sure my husband has everything he needs for the AOS. As far as i remember right now he filled out the form, got his tax transcripts of the last 3 years and will print his LES (of what time frame should he get it? 3 months?) he said he will also make a copy of his military id

Is there anything important that we are missing right now??

thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi everybody!

I just want to make sure my husband has everything he needs for the AOS. As far as i remember right now he filled out the form, got his tax transcripts of the last 3 years and will print his LES (of what time frame should he get it? 3 months?) he said he will also make a copy of his military id

Is there anything important that we are missing right now??

thanks in advance!

He can't make copies of his military id card. Its not allowed. Orders, les and military record file should be enough. I'm in the military

I'm pretty sure my fiancee included PSMC on our affidavit of support evidence so I'm glad we got that one right. My question is if the print out from the website is good as is or is there some formal/certified copy we should be obtaining from an office (with seal and all). He's in the USMC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Huh. I've been in seven years and haven't heard it called that, always heard it called an LES (Leave & Earnings Statement). You can access around the last year's LES's online no problem with a CAC card or personal login:

http://mypay.dfas.mil/

That's what I used; the last six LES's and that got us approved no problem.

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

Huh. I've been in seven years and haven't heard it called that, always heard it called an LES (Leave & Earnings Statement). You can access around the last year's LES's online no problem with a CAC card or personal login:

http://mypay.dfas.mil/

That's what I used; the last six LES's and that got us approved no problem.

I think the difference is that DFAS is for all branches of the military, TFAS (where we got the PSMC) is more branch-specific. They (hopefully) contain the same things as DFAS, they just make it easier/quicker for the Pay and Personnel Admin of each branch to update data for accuracy purposes.

I'd upload screenshots but I don't wanna get in trouble laughing.gif

I'm sure LES will suffice, but some of us (specially me) are still on the evidence hoarding stages LOL

Edited by iammrsregi

He can't make copies of his military id card. Its not allowed. Orders, les and military record file should be enough. I'm in the military

Actually it is ok to make copies for governmental agencies: Every time we go to the doctor they make a copy to veryfy Tricare eligibility.

It is important to note that there are state and federal agencies that may legally require a copy of a military ID for authorized purposes such as verifying eligibility for TriCare, verifying eligibility for Veterans Administration benefits or services, or verifying active-duty or dependant military status for tax purposes. Government agencies have a duty to protect information in strict accordance to government policy, HIPPA and when applicable, the Privacy Act of 1974.

http://www.aerotechnews.com/lukeafb/2012/03/26/copying-military-identification-cards-prohibited-by-law/

Edited by DaveE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.