April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Of course, Mormons are polite to the people whose doors they knock on, go away when asked, don't raise their voices, don't tell you you're wrong, and preface their statements with things like "We believe that _______. What do you believe? Why do you believe that? Our religion says _________ about that."

There are fundie evangelicals who go around doing things like what this guy is doing (knocking on your door, yelling at you, refusing to go away, telling you you're wrong) but Mormons certainly don't. I've always quite liked Mormons (there was a group near where I lived in Spain, a lot of them in the part of Virginia where I went to college, and of course quite a lot here in Albuquerque; the temple is right by my house and there are dozens of meeting-houses), and they're fantastically interesting to talk to if you're interested in discussing religion.

Honestly, if anyone is going to knock on my door to ask me to listen to their spiel, Mormons would be my absolute preference, followed by (in order) Jehovah's Witnesses, those kids trying to pull their magazine-subscription scam, vacuum-cleaner salesmen, and scary fundies who leave pamphlets that say "You Should Learn to Protect Your Skin from the Sun [next page] But It Won't Matter Because the Flames of Hell Are Even Hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Yes, that's an actual pamphlet we've gotten.) At least the Mormons will (1) start with "Good morning, ma'am, do you mind talking with us for a little while?" and (2) if I say no, will say "Thank you, ma'am, and sorry for bothering you" and go away quietly.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Of course, Mormons are polite to the people whose doors they knock on, go away when asked, don't raise their voices, don't tell you you're wrong, and preface their statements with things like "We believe that _______. What do you believe? Why do you believe that? Our religion says _________ about that."

There are fundie evangelicals who go around doing things like what this guy is doing (knocking on your door, yelling at you, refusing to go away, telling you you're wrong) but Mormons certainly don't. I've always quite liked Mormons (there was a group near where I lived in Spain, a lot of them in the part of Virginia where I went to college, and of course quite a lot here in Albuquerque; the temple is right by my house and there are dozens of meeting-houses), and they're fantastically interesting to talk to if you're interested in discussing religion.

Honestly, if anyone is going to knock on my door to ask me to listen to their spiel, Mormons would be my absolute preference, followed by (in order) Jehovah's Witnesses, those kids trying to pull their magazine-subscription scam, vacuum-cleaner salesmen, and scary fundies who leave pamphlets that say "You Should Learn to Protect Your Skin from the Sun [next page] But It Won't Matter Because the Flames of Hell Are Even Hotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Yes, that's an actual pamphlet we've gotten.) At least the Mormons will (1) start with "Good morning, ma'am, do you mind talking with us for a little while?" and (2) if I say no, will say "Thank you, ma'am, and sorry for bothering you" and go away quietly.

I look out the peephole in my front door...and if it isn't someone I know or someone that I do business with...I don't answer the door. Screw 'em!

It took my wife quite a while to figure out this tactic after moving to America. She would freak out when hard sell holy rollers or foot in the door salesmen refused to leave. Then she would pawn them off on me after I told her not to answer the door in the first place. Yes...she finally figured it out...thank God! Don't answer the door...and they will go away. It's not rocket science. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

That guy's voice makes me want to slap him silly... he's f#ckin annoying.

Yeah, the intro is a bit long too. But the door to door stuff is funny.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Yep, I thought this was hilarious, and so fcuking true. What is it they say about payback?

I remember a few years back when they used to invade my neighborhood literally by the bus-load. One of these guys actually chased me around my lawn whilst I was pushing my very loud mower.

I repeatedly told him I wasn't interested, but I actually had to stop what I was doing to hear what this persistent yokel had to say. He gave me some brochures and that seemed to appease him up to the point where he saw me toss them in the garbage can.

These people are annoying and intrusive and deserve the abuse they get. In fact, they're only seconded in their intrusiveness by the Jehovah’s Witness's.... :lol::lol:

miss_me_yet.jpg

I look out the peephole in my front door...and if it isn't someone I know or someone that I do business with...I don't answer the door. Screw 'em!

It took my wife quite a while to figure out this tactic after moving to America. She would freak out when hard sell holy rollers or foot in the door salesmen refused to leave. Then she would pawn them off on me after I told her not to answer the door in the first place. Yes...she finally figured it out...thank God! Don't answer the door...and they will go away. It's not rocket science. ;)

I'll answer the door for Mormons (and say "I'm not interested, but thank you"). They're nice, and they're usually just kids—18 or 19 years old.

And my husband can't seem to stop answering the door to the magazine scam—there are a few scams around here where adults make kids go door to door selling stuff, and he can't bring himself to be rude to kids. (The magazine one is usually teenagers, the candy one is 8 or 10 year olds.)

When I was in high school, at the end of the year my school ran a fundraiser where you could send Congratulations Graduate balloons to graduating seniors. Because I was from the "bad" part of town (not *really* bad, just poor and generally not a place where people graduated), they sent me to deliver those balloons. So there I was, 17 years old driving around in my mom's minivan with bouquets of balloons, and no one in that part of town would open the door to accept them. I felt so bad for all the kids who were actually graduating (no mean feat, coming from that part of town—I believe the dropout rate was over 50%) whose friends had wanted to send them a nice surprise, but their parents (presumably) wouldn't open the door. At the end of the day we had 3/4 of the bouquets left.

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

These people are annoying and intrusive and deserve the abuse they get. In fact, they're only seconded in their intrusiveness by the Jehovah’s Witness's.... :lol::lol:

Jehovah’s Witness's are worse (IMHO). You can't celebrate your own birthday? I'll pass.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Yep, I thought this was hilarious, and so fcuking true. What is it they say about payback?

I remember a few years back when they used to invade my neighborhood literally by the bus-load. One of these guys actually chased me around my lawn whilst I was pushing my very loud mower.

I repeatedly told him I wasn't interested, but I actually had to stop what I was doing to hear what this persistent yokel had to say. He gave me some brochures and that seemed to appease him up to the point where he saw me toss them in the garbage can.

Are you sure those were Mormons? They don't normally use busses or large groups (they travel in pairs, on bikes), don't give out brochures unless you ask for one, and I've never, ever had one do anything other than apologize and leave when I said I wasn't interested.

Scary fundamentalists, however, I've definitely seen come in busses and chase people around.

Are you sure those were Mormons? They don't normally use busses or large groups (they travel in pairs, on bikes), don't give out brochures unless you ask for one, and I've never, ever had one do anything other than apologize and leave when I said I wasn't interested.

Scary fundamentalists, however, I've definitely seen come in busses and chase people around.

Yes, they were Mormons. They branch off into pairs when dropped off.

JW's use a similar process to annoy us although I heard that as of late they no longer do the door-to-door thing. It might be true as I haven't seen a JW in a long while.....

I didn't ask for the brochures; he asked and I held my hand out and shrugged.....Anything to get rid of the guy. :yes::lol:

miss_me_yet.jpg

just poor and generally not a place where people graduated), they sent me to deliver those balloons. So there I was, 17 years old driving around in my mom's minivan with bouquets of balloons, and no one in that part of town would open the door to accept them. I felt so bad for all the kids who were actually graduating (no mean feat, coming from that part of town—I believe the dropout rate was over 50%) whose friends had wanted to send them a nice surprise, but their parents (presumably) wouldn't open the door. At the end of the day we had 3/4 of the bouquets left.

:no: That just makes me shake my head.. Why am I not surprised. The attitude of so many poor people in the US is seriously pathetic. I mean you travel to countries like India, Philippines, Vietnam etc and you really appreciate how nice, hardworking and humble poor people there are.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

John Safron, yeah that guys voice is ANNOYING but he's shows are damn funny!, he investigates all types of religions, makes jokes about them, but yes his voice is annoying lol

Im mormon and NO we dont go off in bus loads as was mentioned above, sorry wrong there

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

I have never had a problem with Mormons -- they are always very polite and respectful. Jehovahs are a mixed bag, in my experience. Born again fundy types are always a problem, especially when you say "no thanks, I'm Catholic" -- like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Sorry, but Mormons do sometimes arrive in buses/minivans and then pair off. You who are saying "they don't" are neglecting the fact that there are a lot more Mormons in the world than you'll ever meet.

I had two friends in Indy when I worked at the bike shop: Elder Colledge and Elder "Esay". They were from California, staying with a Mormon family while they did they did their thing in Indy. There were (at various times) 4-6 other Mormon Missionaries from other areas staying with the same family. The Mom would drive them all to a central point in Indy (with bikes on the rooftop bike rack) and drop them off.

Elders "Esay" and Colledge and I got along very well. They were eager to learn about my beliefs (Pagan) and didn't give me the conversion speech. While they were here, they also protected me from other Mormons (ie: no knocks on my door at 8am on Saturday. lol) They even gave me a Liahona bicycle (The official Mormon bike).

They, unfortunately, were the exception to the rule. Most of my interactions with Mormons here have been as the others described. They wouldn't take no for an answer, told me my beliefs were wrong, etc. Jehovah's Witlesses are even worse. Would you buy a car from someone going door to door? Then why the hell do they expect you "buy" their religion?

It's annoying, it's harassment, it's offensive.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.