virgo2012

why this AP is only for selected applicants and no sign of any help from anywhere.

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looks good to me.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I can not see a problem with your wife going to Atlanta as long as she lets the embassy or DOS know her new address. They need to know where to send your green card once your visa has been issued and you come to the United States. It doesn't matter where the sponsor lives as long as he lives in the United States.

Your wife can call DOS from Pakistan at 202-663-1225 press 1 then press 0. She can ask them any questions she might have.

If you are in AP over a year the embassy may ask for a new medical, DS230 and affidavit of support from your wife and co-sponsor. They may also ask for proof of domicile again. So once your wife gets to Atlanta she should get ID, a bank account or/and letter from her aunt to show where she is living.

If I am giving you the wrong information I hope someone else will come along and correct me.

thanks for your reply carolyn.wel i have completed 8 months in AP yesterday,and i cant see any sign to come out of AP coz of islamabad embassy coz nowadays its taking more time.now my question to you is this that do i have to send new AOS from co-sponsor aswel or only ds-230,medical and pcc.normally i nvever heard from any one for new AOS but only ds-230 medical and pcc....please help me with this....i might be wrong on this but please guide me that its AOS is also expire with other documents mentioned above..thanks

Looks good to me.

thanks boiler for confirming the correct information..

Timeline

The embassy asked my husband for new medical, DS230 , ppc, passport pictures and new affidavit of support. It depends on how long you spend in AP. It is also up to the visa officer to decide if he wants new affidavit of support or not.

Our visa was denied and then we won our appeal. Our case was sent back to the embassy. Then we spent another 9 months in AP before they asked for new documents this might be why they asked for new affidavit of support. Still you should be prepared for anything from Islamabad embassy.

Filed: Timeline

I may have to go through the appeal process very soon and I was wondering whether you mind telling me how you did your appeal, in details, if you don't mind. I start from scratch and really would like to learn a great deal from your experiences. I hope you visa will be printed for you very soon. You are welcome to send me a private message if you are not wiling to post on the board.

The embassy asked my husband for new medical, DS230 , ppc, passport pictures and new affidavit of support. It depends on how long you spend in AP. It is also up to the visa officer to decide if he wants new affidavit of support or not.

Our visa was denied and then we won our appeal. Our case was sent back to the embassy. Then we spent another 9 months in AP before they asked for new documents this might be why they asked for new affidavit of support. Still you should be prepared for anything from Islamabad embassy.

Timeline

The embassy said we were not married because I am a Christian and my husband is Muslim and that it is against the law in Pakistan. They also sent a field investigator to my husband's neighborhood to talk to neighbors and friends and these people did not know he was married so they said he just was with me for immigration purposes. We only had 7 people at our wedding and the embassy said it is normal in Pakistan to have a large wedding.

I hired an immigration attorney and she did the research on our marriage. If we had gotten married at the court house our marriage would not have been legal but we got married at home under religious law. She found a law from 1948 I believe that showed we were married.

Because I am Christian and American we decided it was safer for my husband if people didn't know he was married. He could be kidnapped or killed because of these 2 things. Also my husband and I could not pay for a large wedding even if we had wanted one.

With the help of the attorney we put our appeal together. We sent emails from the beginning of our relationship, phone records, Western Union receipts, letters from his friends that knew about the marriage, letters from my friends. My attorney sent the laws and court cases that said we were legally married.

It took 2 weeks for our case to be reaffirmed. That means it took 2 weeks for USCIS to say we won our appeal.

Timeline

The embassy said we were not married because I am a Christian and my husband is Muslim and that it is against the law in Pakistan. They also sent a field investigator to my husband's neighborhood to talk to neighbors and friends and these people did not know he was married so they said he just was with me for immigration purposes. We only had 7 people at our wedding and the embassy said it is normal in Pakistan to have a large wedding.

I hired an immigration attorney and she did the research on our marriage. If we had gotten married at the court house our marriage would not have been legal but we got married at home under religious law. She found a law from 1948 I believe that showed we were married.

Because I am Christian and American we decided it was safer for my husband if people didn't know he was married. He could be kidnapped or killed because of these 2 things. Also my husband and I could not pay for a large wedding even if we had wanted one.

With the help of the attorney we put our appeal together. We sent emails from the beginning of our relationship, phone records, Western Union receipts, letters from his friends that knew about the marriage, letters from my friends. My attorney sent the laws and court cases that said we were legally married.

It took 2 weeks for our case to be reaffirmed. That means it took 2 weeks for USCIS to say we won our appeal.

They really said that a Muslim marrying a Christian is illegal in Pakistan? Its not illegal in Islam so if you did Islamic nikah nama that is definitely valid. I guess that is why your attorney was able to find the law proving your marriage is legal. Its surprising that the embassy was not aware of that law or didn't research it before issuing a denial. wow.gif I hope they realize what they did was wrong and correct their mistake.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

They really said that a Muslim marrying a Christian is illegal in Pakistan? Its not illegal in Islam so if you did Islamic nikah nama that is definitely valid. I guess that is why your attorney was able to find the law proving your marriage is legal. Its surprising that the embassy was not aware of that law or didn't research it before issuing a denial. wow.gif I hope they realize what they did was wrong and correct their mistake.

to be honest with you i dont understand how they work?i might be wrong but as my research regarding interview experince or other immigration related issues of our fellow friends comments on VJ or different immigration forums that the US Embassy islamabad dont have a equal policy for every one,they have different rules and regulations for every individuals,some of our fellows were only asked only 2 questions,didnt botherd to check the missing documents or wedding pics and issued them visa others been given tough time...if immigration is totally based on the genuine relationship than in my opinion that they have racism for pakistanis,i see many fellows quit there jobs in USA and come to back home to stay with there partners as much as they can so they can prove the relationship,but ending up in AP with no time frame..my wife is USC left USA 3 years ago we got married over 2 years living togather since but still in AP for nothing,now she is fed up coz no one is helping we can see any help from no where she is going back to USA soon.,......wel in my personal conclusion if you are living togather they see that your relation is genuine than they stuck you in security checks for a long....wel nothing we can do just share our stories with each other...GOD help us

Timeline

hello carolyn i need your help once again i need to ask you that next week my wife(usc)is going back to USA.now my question is as she is going back after 5 years,will there be any problem for her in the part of immigration or she will be ok,coz shes going back after a long time and also going to live with her aunt and my case is in AP ,regarding that she is bit nervous please help me with this so i can make ready her for any possible tough time please guide me with this......

Timeline

I am a little confused about your question but I will try to answer as best as I can. As long as her passport is still good she will have no problems getting through US immigration. They may ask her a few questions about why she stayed in Pakistan so long but she would just answer she was there living with her husband.

Once she gets a few days rest in the USA she needs to email the embassy with her new address and phone number. She also needs to call the Department of State and tell them she is back in the States. Make sure she gets an Identity card for the State she is living in and opens a bank account. I'm sure she will also need a letter from her aunt saying she is living with her. This is excellent proof that she is living in the States and has a place for you to come. She should also keep phone records and emails you send to each other in case the embassy wants proof that your marriage is fine.

Tell her not to be nervous. Many times the USC wife or husband comes back to the USA first to find work and get things ready for when their loved one gets the visa.

Timeline

I am a little confused about your question but I will try to answer as best as I can. As long as her passport is still good she will have no problems getting through US immigration. They may ask her a few questions about why she stayed in Pakistan so long but she would just answer she was there living with her husband.

Once she gets a few days rest in the USA she needs to email the embassy with her new address and phone number. She also needs to call the Department of State and tell them she is back in the States. Make sure she gets an Identity card for the State she is living in and opens a bank account. I'm sure she will also need a letter from her aunt saying she is living with her. This is excellent proof that she is living in the States and has a place for you to come. She should also keep phone records and emails you send to each other in case the embassy wants proof that your marriage is fine.

Tell her not to be nervous. Many times the USC wife or husband comes back to the USA first to find work and get things ready for when their loved one gets the visa.

thankx for your kind response.yes her passport is fine she renewed her passport last year from us counslate in karachi pakistan also her expired us passport is also with her stamping cancelled.yes i told her to email embassy and tell DOS that u are back and tell them ur contact detail with address.

for identity card does she need to have a deriving license or her passport and social security number will do?regarding bank account does she need to have a proof of address or again same documents will work?regarding accomodation letter she just need a typed and signed letter from her aunt or it must have to be certified from notary...sorry for that again iam asking alot of questions from you....one last thing is it easy to get job over there or she will have to work hard to find a job?sorry but iam asking you these question coz ur over there and you can better answer than searching things on google.....as she is going to atlanta georgia,one more thing she registered her vote online last month we emailed them all required documents and thing they wanted and over the phone election office confirmed that her vote is registered now,but when we checked online it says no record found so we called them again they said ur vote is registered but voting website is not updated....so hope that will be good sign.....again sorry for long post...waiting for ur kind response....thanks in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Passport will do fine, Driving License is the normal de facto ID in the US.

Job, well that depends, what are her qualifications/previous work experience/expectations?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi , I am new here , my husband had his interview on January 26, 2013, and they gave him the green paper , for AP, and now it's June 12, 2013, and we have no clue what is going on and when they are going to give him his visa , :( may ALLAH bless all of us with visa, it's a very painful procedure

Timeline

Hi , I am new here , my husband had his interview on January 26, 2013, and they gave him the green paper , for AP, and now it's June 12, 2013, and we have no clue what is going on and when they are going to give him his visa , sad.png may ALLAH bless all of us with visa, it's a very painful procedure

A1b2c3,..sorry to hear about that your husband is in AP i know its really hard to wait coz u dont know whats going on with your case.i have completed my 10 months in AP and still counting nuthing we can do just wait and prey.ALLAH will help us one day,this is our last hope.sennd email to islamabad embassy and find out and check your case status on this site ceac.state.gov..and call department of state to find out..they all have same answer AP nuthing else...best thing is to prey that ALLAH help all those who are stuck in AP..i know its really painfull and heart hurting procedure,but we can only hope for good........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.