rsns

Can someone please share a PCC so I know what it looks like?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi!

As the subject says, I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind posting or emailing me a copy of a [correctly made] PCC, so I can give it to my wife to show the authorities as an example. I know someone had done this a while back, but I can't find that thread anymore. I really really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am bit surprised to see your post. PCC is issued by Passport offices in India and they have standard format. All you need to do is request PCC for USA and passport office knows what to print-basically two lines of letter.

So don't worry about sending samples to your spouse.

Good luck.

Hi!

As the subject says, I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind posting or emailing me a copy of a [correctly made] PCC, so I can give it to my wife to show the authorities as an example. I know someone had done this a while back, but I can't find that thread anymore. I really really appreciate it!

Thanks!

PD: 12/09/2010; Visa Approved: 04/29/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi!

Thanks!

Yes, its right that PCC is issued by Passport offices in India and they have standard format. All you need to do is request PCC for USA and passport office knows what to print-basically two lines of letter . and a stamp on one page of the passport, you will get two copies of the printed standard format of PCC one you can keep with you and another submit in the embassy.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I have heard different opinions on this, why do you say the local police clearance is also required? I was told that the passport office will already be contacting them.

I also have confusion on it and I have asked multiple number of sources and I am still not getting the right answer.

But, from till now what I have heard, it seems like they only ask for PCC which can be obtain from Passport Seva Kendra.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

PCC from local police station is not required at all. In K-1 context, PCC stands for Passport Clearance Certificate. It does not mean Police Clearance Certificate. Abbreviation of both is PCC which confuses a lot of people.

Edited by SalJoy

Please click on "Timeline" link on the left to view my timeline.

Timeline

I have heard different opinions on this, why do you say the local police clearance is also required? I was told that the passport office will already be contacting them.

You are absolutely correct. There is absolutely no need to get Police Clearance Certificate from the local police station.

Please click on "Timeline" link on the left to view my timeline.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I went for PCC today. My passport doesn't have my husband's name but I mentioned my husband's name on PCC form. The Passport officer while checking my form changed marital status from married to single. I told him that I am not single and I have applied for immigrant visa based on my marriage. He said he can either issue PCC based on the information on my passport which says that I am single or else, I need to apply for reissue of passport with my husband's name on it & then apply for PCC. I told them that I am in a hurry & can't wait for this long process for which he adviced to apply under Tatkal. I have few doubts :

1.Does the PCC letters mentions marital status on it?

2.Is police verification required for adding spouse's name on passport under Tatkal.

Anyone with similar experience, please share.

Wife of USC

• 7 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, my fiancé has k1 via interview next month at Mumbai. As in regards to the PCC, police clearance certificate my fiancé obtained that from DCP office already, but I read somewhere that the PCC has to be from regional passport office, is that true? 

We don't mind getting it from the regional passport office too but the wait time appointment is 2 weeks and then they said it takes 2 weeks to receive it, we don't have that much time because our interview date at mumbai is before that. Will they accept the PCC from the DCP police station office? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
20 minutes ago, jass123 said:

Hi, my fiancé has k1 via interview next month at Mumbai. As in regards to the PCC, police clearance certificate my fiancé obtained that from DCP office already, but I read somewhere that the PCC has to be from regional passport office, is that true? 

We don't mind getting it from the regional passport office too but the wait time appointment is 2 weeks and then they said it takes 2 weeks to receive it, we don't have that much time because our interview date at mumbai is before that. Will they accept the PCC from the DCP police station office? 

They won't accept your PCC. An Indian passport holder living in India must get the PCC from the regional passport office not from the district police station.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, jass123 said:

The pcc's from police stations are no longer valid for immigration purposes or at least not valid for USA. You must get it from Passport office.

I-90 Green Card Timeline

05/29/2014: Applied for I-90, Due to an Name Error.

06/12/2014: Biometrics Appointment

02/13/2015: Green Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

02/20/2015: Green Card Has Been Mailed.(Received Tracking Number)

02/23/2015: Green Card Received With Correct Name

N-400 Citizenship Timeline

07/05/2012 = Eligible to apply for Naturalization based on the 5-year rule (90-days rule applied)

01/11/2015 = Sent N-400 Packet (to Phoenix Lockbox Facility via USPS Certified Mail)

01/15/2015 = N-400 Packet Delivered

01/27/2015 = I-912 Approved

02/02/2015 = NOA1 Received (Priority Date 01/15/2015)

02/07/2015 = Biometrics Letter Received (Bio Set for 02/20/2015)

02/25/2015 = In Line for Interview

04/03/2015 = Interview Completed

--- = Oath Letter Received

04/15/2015 = Oath Ceremony!

I-130 Timeline

02/08/2020 - Married

06/02/2020 - Filed I-130 Online

06/02/2020 - NOA1 Received

07/01/2020 - Back to U.S from India 

01/11/2021 - NOA2 Received & Petition Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.