pachacuti

WebSite to Manipulate Tyler Durden Data

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all,

So I am hard at work at getting a website up. One of the decisions I have made is to consume APIs for everything. So, I will be exposing an API.

This means other devs can make groovy stuff using my app. So, devs among you, let me know what specific desires you have that you would like me to expose via API. I will happily comply.

Mark :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

BTW, mods and admins, I would love for VJ to have an API. I volunteer my services. I believe many among us would appreciate the direction that would provide VJ. Folks would be making their own mobile apps and widgets and stuff. It would be cool. PM me :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** No links to the data should be posted on VJ. ******

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** I didn't say this member cannot talk about the website; but we do not wish the data posted on VJ as it violates our TOS and we cannot verify the methods used to gather the data, whether it was legal/ some of it is private etc. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Did you guys look at the data?

Everyone who has looked at it says there is no private info in it. Looks like the same stuff you get when you enter WAC numbers in at USCIS.

It feels like you guys are censoring us and we are all supposed to pretend like this data does not exist and it never happened. It just feels wrong.

Edited by Robb&Ann

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Its just WAC numbers, its the same if I went and typed in 300,000 WAC numbers I would have all the "private" data. I vote start a facebook or google group where we can discuss everything freely. Or.. Pachacuti can you add a mini-forum or just blog type comments on your website.

Petition Mailed: 11/02/2012

NOA1: 11/07/2012

NOA2: 05/09/2013

NOA2 Hard Copy: 05/14/2013

NVC Receive: 05/15/2013

NVC Left: 05/17/2013

Consulate Received: 05/22/2013 per DHL

Consulate Received: 06/07/2013 per DOS

Packet 3 Received: 06/13/2013

Packet 3 Sent: 06/14/2013

Medical Complete: 06/17/2013

Packet 3 RFE Email: 06/18/2013 (Passport picture background too dark :/ come on!)

Packet 3 RFE Response: 06/22/2013 (Replacement passport pictures)

Interview Date: 07/23/2013: Approved

Visa Received: 07/27/2013

event.png

Perhaps those calling on the mods to allow for publication of this data might like to pay for a suitable legal opinion and offer a binding indemnity should USCIS or a Visa applicant initiate legal action.

My lack of knowledge of the legal status of the collection and publication of this data means it's not a risk/benefit analysis I can or would make.

Richard

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Perhaps those calling on the mods to allow for publication of this data might like to pay for a suitable legal opinion and offer a binding indemnity should USCIS or a Visa applicant initiate legal action.

My lack of knowledge of the legal status of the collection and publication of this data means it's not a risk/benefit analysis I can or would make.

I think that would be an easy one to find out.

I know for a fact that the responsibility, or lack of, of a forum is established law. If the forum is responsible for every post that every user puts, then it had had a lot bigger problems than tyler. Every time someone gives advice on an immigration issue that could be seen as giving legal advice without being an attorney. That would be a violation of the law in each state. I am sure immigration lawyers would use that to shut this place down if they could. MANY times I have heard people advise others not to get a lawyer. Imagine every p***ed off applicant who felt they got bad or illegal advice suing VJ. VJ would have been gone a long time ago, same with most forums.

Timeline

WOW!!! That was an easy one to find out!!!
Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act protects, blogs, forums etc.
"No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider."
So, merely giving someone a platform to say something does not make you responsible for what they say. Anyone can sue for anything, but for the protection to not apply, the administrators of the site would have to have been the ones to post it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.