7 posts in this topic

Boy am I depressed. I made a typo on our form DS-230, question 30. Therefore the date of my wifes residency is incorrect. NVC now explains that they do not want any information as to my wifes residency going back before her 16th birthday. NOW they tell me to use her birth date (month and year only) until present, nothing else. I wish I understood this from the beginning. Of course it would not have mattered because I typed 2019 instead of 2009. She has lived in Cebu all of her life. My typo said 08/2019 to present. Should have been 08/2009. Everything else checked out ok per NVC. They will not accept a scanned or faxed document? This means I have to have my wife fill out and print out yet another form and mail it to me via FedEx. Just the wasted time in FedEx will hold things up for an additional week. Then NVC need 20 days to accept the new paper? Does anyone know if there is a way to get NVC to accept a scanned and emailed or faxed document? The operator there twll me it must be an original signature. We were so close and now I made a stupid frickin' mistake. I am so depressed. Anyone out there got any suggestions? Besides alcohol of course....I don't drink.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DS-230 requires original signature of the beneficiary. So, your wife has to mail in a fresh one. She can mail it directly to NVC from the Philippines.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, your wife will have to fill up a new DS-230. I had the same thing happened to my mom's DS-230. It had incomplete information for that question #30. It delayed the processing by a few weeks. But once NVC received the new DS-230, after 8 business days me (petitioner) & my parents (applicants) received the interview appointment email. The interview date was scheduled a month later. It does happen fast.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Buried somewhere at VJ, is a DS-230 hint - have 4 signed but blank DS-230s in yer hand during NVC document intake.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Oh how I wish I had read that shortcut. My wife is being great about this. She is comforting me and telling me it's ok. That's just one of the reasons I love her!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Buried somewhere at VJ, is a DS-230 hint - have 4 signed but blank DS-230s in yer hand during NVC document intake.

Yes, followed that advise and now I have 3 DS-230 and will be sending one when time comes.

But, I will have to write the date. Would it matter if I write the date with her original signature?

Darnell, I wish I had read that hint earlier but I have learned much doing this. If I had to do this all over again I would have had my spouse sign at least 2 blank documents of each and every form that was to be submitted, just as backups. That would have saved us a week or 10 days for sure. Aloha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.