17 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,

I live in egypt, I applied on the 27th of june 2012 and up until now I still didnt receive my student visa F-1. I had to defer my admission not once but twice (Had to beg my university) Throughout all that time I've been put on administrative processing. They told me to send in my passport a couple of months after the start of the fall semester 2012 to have the visa adjudicated to only have it returned weeks later saying that new information came in. I replied with, that's fair enough and my next semester wont start before a couple of months anyways. Spring 2013 was coming close and I told them about my visa and they said still undergoing administrative processing, so I told them is there a way I could speed it up or provide more papers or do another interview or call someone? They said no, it iwll take time. So I missed my spring, and i had to beg my university to defer my admission telling them that the delay was from the embassy and not from me. They kindly accepted it after a long discussion.

Just a week ago they sent me an e-mail saying that they'll adjudicate my visa and that I need to send in my passport, which I did. I e-mail them next day asking "How long will it take, becauseI need an rough estimate to update my university on my case and reserve a spot for the coming Fall" they replied with "New information came in" and return my passport couple of days later.

Now, Here is where Im confused. It has been 9 months, and first time they were goin to adjudicate my visa they tell me new information came out, then a week ago same thing happened a day after receiving my passport? I find it odd that new information came in twice on the day of adjudication within a 9 months time span. I'm not complaining here as this is a matter of national security most likely, but I need to know what's going on, and what I should do so I'm not in limbo. And also let the univeristy know If I can make it or cant make it, so I dont hold a spot and prevent someone from entering this prestigous university. Any help would be welcome, this has become torture for me.

Also what is the Office of washington for student visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Have you inquired about what that 'new information' is? It's rather unusual for this to happen. The length of AP may be this long, but to ask for your passport and then return it, twice, is rare (that I know of). Maybe someone shares a name with you, and for your luck, that someone is a wanted criminal or something like that.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO,

two rounds of 'new information came in'

is the kiss of death.

I suggest you simply give up, not pursue any student visa in the USA.

Have you applied to the Sorbonne, instead?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

IMO,

two rounds of 'new information came in'

is the kiss of death.

I suggest you simply give up, not pursue any student visa in the USA.

Have you applied to the Sorbonne, instead?

Sounds to me like there's more to this story. Maybe family in the US? Maybe someone petitioned for him? Something really weird went on. I agree, this is the end of the road.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

why would they inquire for the passport twice then return it, why dont they just simply right off the bat reject like they reject the others? I think there is something else going on. Also a friend of mine just inquired about my case and called up some officials in washington and they suspect that the US embassy in Egypt messed up my application in some way and they are confused with what's going on exactly and they are shocked as we all are.

Timeline

why would you NOT apply to the Sorbonne ?

http://www.english.paris-sorbonne.fr/

Many folk (myself included) think it's a better university, when chasing a degree.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

so? get a phD from the Sorbonne, you can live anywhere on the planet.

Apologies - that was the point.

It's ok - you missed it.

Timeline

Appreciate your help, but not interested in pursuing a bachelors nor a phd from Sorbonne. I'm just interested in figuring out what's going and what I can do to fix it, or get denied so im no longer in limbo.

Timeline

why? get a phD from the Sorbonne, work for the UN in Italy - your life is set.

What's the problem, really?

Timeline

My problem is trying to figure out why I havent gotten the visa yet, and who should I contact to get a follow up rather than getting an email from my embassy saying "youre still undergoing administrative processing"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They will want to see your passport to compare the dates and places yoi habe been traveling to, with other criminals travel plans. So they look at your visa stamps amd try to figure out if you somehow know or communicate with the known terrorists

Good luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no way of finding out.

I would agree that hanging around for a US Visa seems optomistic.

BTW a Student Visa does not allow you to live in the US, just study.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.