angeladk

Status changed from Post Decision to Initial Review?!?!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I had checked my case status on USCIS yesterday and I was soooo excited because it said that my Petition for I129F had been approved, and that the NOA2 had been mailed to me on April 22nd. Obviously, I was incredibly excited and in tears.

I just checked it today and it says that it's in Initial Review.. and this is what it says: On April 23, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed.

Does anyone know what's going on?! Has anyone had this happen before!? Is it approved or not??

Any help is so very much appreciated!

Angela

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I had checked my case status on USCIS yesterday and I was soooo excited because it said that my Petition for I129F had been approved, and that the NOA2 had been mailed to me on April 22nd. Obviously, I was incredibly excited and in tears.

I just checked it today and it says that it's in Initial Review.. and this is what it says: On April 23, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed.

Does anyone know what's going on?! Has anyone had this happen before!? Is it approved or not??

Angela

Have you called and talked to a Tier II person? That is what I would do in this situation. Also, are you sure you didn't mistype your receipt # one of the two times? I have done that by accident a couple of times.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Angela

yes you should call.. I have read about several people that had this happen with the end result being approved.. it def means your case is moving though

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

People: the online system SUCKS. Why is everyone freaking out about it? Do you know the online system isn't even really attached to the real case?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, i have filled on Oct 19,2012, it is about the same time you are, i got the same message yesterday and till today i didnt get any updates, some people reported we should get an approval soon or we have to wait little longer but at least now we now someone is working on our case.. good luck !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

People: the online system SUCKS. Why is everyone freaking out about it? Do you know the online system isn't even really attached to the real case?

Are you suggesting that the online system is not necessarily updated when a petition is approved? So the only way to know for sure is wait for the mail?

Timeline

Something is definitely going on with our cases, so that's a good thing.. they aren't in a box somewhere. It's just weird that it would say approved, then say I changed my address, when I definitely did absolutely nothing with my address.

I'm going to call in and see what's going on.. hopefully they have good news.

Timeline

And no worries.. I'm definitely not freaking out. Just excited and frustrated. The online system is the easiest thing we have access to on a daily basis, so when things are weird, it makes it even more frustrating.

Our case status has said 'Post decision activity' last january.

However, it did NOT say it got approved - only that they had send us a notice - even though we both thought 'Post decision activity' meant they actually made a decision.

Apparently this was a notice that we had to change our address, because the USCIS had received mail back as 'undeliverable' from one we used at the time.

We changed our address after calling the USCIS about what our 'Post decision activity' meant (- and all they said it was some kind of 'notice' - yes, that vague).

Ever since, our status is displayed on 'initial review' again like yours.

"Initial Review

On March 5, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed."

Maybe you misread the post decision activity in all your excitement and it said something about a notice on your I129-F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), but not that it got approved yet?

Edited by Gasoline2805

event.png

Timeline

Our case status has said 'Post decision activity' last january.

However, it did NOT say it got approved - only that they had send us a notice.

Apparently this was a notice that we had to change our address, because the USCIS had received mail back as 'undeliverable' from one we used at the time.

We changed our address after calling the USCIS about what our 'Post decision activity' meant (- and all they said it was some kind of 'notice' - yes, that vague).

Ever since, our status is displayed on 'initial review' again like yours.

"Initial Review

On March 5, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed."

Maybe you misread the post decision activity in all your excitement and it said something about a notice on your I129-F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), but not that it got approved yet?

I was thinking that was a possibility, but I took a picture of the approval and sent it to my fiance. This is what it said: On April 22, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this i129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice.. and so on.

I just called USCIS, and there was a 75 minute wait time, so I should receive a call back in about an hour or so.

Well, I do think yours got approved then, so congratulations. =D

I know you're still waiting for the call, but the website has been messed up lately.

This is supposedly good news.

Unfortunately ours only said

"Post Decision Activity

On January 8, 2013, your notice I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of January 8, 2013, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I have to say til today I honestly have no idea what that meant.

Especially since the USCIS gave us the answer 'it means we sent a receipt'.

Our attorney called and it was only a receipt notice and our case was still on initial review.

event.png

Are you suggesting that the online system is not necessarily updated when a petition is approved? So the only way to know for sure is wait for the mail?

Yes. The online system is not fully integrated with the real case status. it is a secondary thing prone to error.

To the OP: you can call and ask what's up.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The online system is not always correct, notices sent in the wrong order etc. Wait for the paper mail or call.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The online system is not always correct, notices sent in the wrong order etc. Wait for the paper mail or call.

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Just a quick question: I called this morning and the tier 1 rep. had to transfer me to a tier 2 rep. to have access to my information. I know I may be grasping at straws but am hoping this is something positive.

I'm a November filer and have no problem standing in line with everyone else....but would love a little positive news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.