15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance's appointment was on April 16 in Rio and was APPROVEDD!!! =D

The people there were extremely nice and everything went so smooth. We got there in the morning a little after 6:30 and were the second couple in line. There were about 6 people that day going for the K1 visa. The first person checked my fiance's documents at the desk in the room, then the second guy at the window talked to him a little bit, checked over the documents and we sat and waited for a little while for the big interview. During this time my fiance and I were trying to stay calm by talking and joking around with each other to the point one of the guards in the room passed by us and handed us a post it note saying "behave ourselves" in portuguese :P:innocent:

After some time we were called in for his interview and the guy just asked three simple questions,

-How we met

-why my fiance decided to come back to Brazil

(he was there as a minor and came back at 17)

-and then asked me when my first trip to Brazil was

That was it, then just typed on the computer quietly, at this moment my fiance held my hand and next thing we knew the guy looked at us and said "Well I'm going to approve you guys now" I just had the biggest smile on my face (i had to keep telling myself not to cry loll)

They didn't even ask for one bit of relationship evidence, nothing, they didn't even ask my fiance of a previous arrest he had as a minor or ask for any court records nothing. His arrest turned out to be just a violation and i believe disorderly conduct, and paid a fine so that's the only reason i can think of why it never came up since he oviously checked 'yes' on the DS form that asks if you have ever been arrested..... We had the certified court papers and disposition of the case just to be prepared but they never asked for them.

Other than that we went paid the shipping fee and now just waiting for the visa to come in the mail. It feels like forever waiting!! and its only been three days loll. Ill post a more detailed experience plus hotel details on the consulate reviews page if anyone wants to know more.

I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the help on my previous posts, I truly appreciate it and I wish all of you the best of luck with your processes :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah!! Big congratulations! I was not able to attend the interview with my fiance when we were going through the process, but I will always remember getting the phone call at work with the answer Approved!! Good luck with the rest of your journey! :thumbs:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
z516fda8d491ea.gif
I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrat!!! :dancing:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you guys soo muchh!!! =)

Its definitely a great feeling to get through this part of the process, now its focusing on getting tickets booked once visa is finally delivered and getting through POE with no issues, I've read that people over work themselves about it more than needed so I'm hoping that's the case :)

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!

Timeline

My fiance's appointment was on April 16 in Rio and was APPROVEDD!!! =D

Other than that we went paid the shipping fee and now just waiting for the visa to come in the mail. It feels like forever waiting!! and its only been three days loll. Ill post a more detailed experience plus hotel details on the consulate reviews page if anyone wants to know more.

I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the help on my previous posts, I truly appreciate it and I wish all of you the best of luck with your processes :D

CONGRATULATIONS! :dance: That's so nice! What a amazing feeling, I'm sure!

And actually, I would love knowing more about details from your travel to Rio...the hotel, other informations from the Consulate, how did the Post worked (how long did the passport take to arrive after the interview?)

Well... any information will be really welcomed! :)

Thanks so much, and Parabéns again! :thumbs:

Our Timeline

USCIS / CSC

09/21/2012: Sent I-129F

09/27/2012: NOA1 Received

04/24/2013: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2013: NVC received

XX/XX/2013: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2013: Embassy received

XX/XX/2013: Medical

XX/XX/2013: Interview

XX/XX/2013: Visa in hand

Timeline

Thank you guys soo muchh!!! =)

Its definitely a great feeling to get through this part of the process, now its focusing on getting tickets booked once visa is finally delivered and getting through POE with no issues, I've read that people over work themselves about it more than needed so I'm hoping that's the case :)

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!

And just another quick question :P hehe

How long did it take for you guys from your NOA2 approval until the interview? For some people it takes 2 months, for other 3...

Thanks again :)

Our Timeline

USCIS / CSC

09/21/2012: Sent I-129F

09/27/2012: NOA1 Received

04/24/2013: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2013: NVC received

XX/XX/2013: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2013: Embassy received

XX/XX/2013: Medical

XX/XX/2013: Interview

XX/XX/2013: Visa in hand

Timeline

Congratulations!

And yeah, I would like to know also about how long it took to schedule the interview! :)

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats That is great to hear

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Timeline

Thank You! =)

USCIS approved our petition on Feb. 28th and on March 22nd we both received an email to the accounts we listed on the USCIS forms about the date of interview. Our interview was scheduled for April 16th. Surprisingly it didn't take too long, it all went pretty fast. If you have any other questions let me know :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.