Queen Amethyst

October I 129F filer. CSC delayed.

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It sucks. Were waiting still...

We are October 11th filers at the CSC and still waiting.. So depressing watching all of these Nov and Dec filers get approved. Not fair at all. I have already contacted my congressman (and got nowhere) and called my senator last week (waiting to hear a response back from that one). People keep saying that all we can do is wait and see, and I would have no problem with that if all of these Nov/Dec filers hadn't been approved. My attitude has gone from a 'long line at the DMV' to 'people being called out of order at the DMV'... Not impressed.

Hopefully my senator's aide will tell me something new and hopefully with everyone contacting, calling, etc.. the CSC is feeling some pressure. We need to keep putting pressure on them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I am a September 10th filer at CSC. I called the USCIS number today. After the usual July 18th... etc, I was transferred to a tier 2 officer after 40mins on hold. I confronted the officer about the significant number of December and November petitions receiving NOA2s and how this does not follow with my understanding that "the USCIS processes cases in the order received." The officer assured me that they were only processing July applications at the California office. I explained that based on the evidence, it was hard for me to accept her statement. I asked if she had any other possible explanation. She curtly replied that she had said all she had to tell me and if I don't like it, I can email the director of the California center. My response was that I have already emailed the director and received no reply. To which the officer told me that she has nothing to do with what goes on at the California office and she has no more to say to me.

I have written my representatives. I have emailed the directors. I went to an infopass appointment. I wrote the president. I have called in numerous times. Nobody seems to care about the injustice and the misinformation. I am considering the option of leaving the U.S. and building a life elsewhere with my fiance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I always lived under the assumption of why wait for something you have to pay for. If it was free I would not complain, but I sent a boatload of money and seem to get no respect from this organization. I have worked for the city, military, and have never seen such a__ backwardness. :bonk:

Wish I had better news, though I did return letters to local congressmen with evidence indicating CSC has been telling lies. Waiting to hear back from that :wacko:

I am a September 10th filer at CSC. I called the USCIS number today. After the usual July 18th... etc, I was transferred to a tier 2 officer after 40mins on hold. I confronted the officer about the significant number of December and November petitions receiving NOA2s and how this does not follow with my understanding that "the USCIS processes cases in the order received." The officer assured me that they were only processing July applications at the California office. I explained that based on the evidence, it was hard for me to accept her statement. I asked if she had any other possible explanation. She curtly replied that she had said all she had to tell me and if I don't like it, I can email the director of the California center. My response was that I have already emailed the director and received no reply. To which the officer told me that she has nothing to do with what goes on at the California office and she has no more to say to me.

I have written my representatives. I have emailed the directors. I went to an infopass appointment. I wrote the president. I have called in numerous times. Nobody seems to care about the injustice and the misinformation. I am considering the option of leaving the U.S. and building a life elsewhere with my fiance.

I have been thinking about that for a longtime now!!! Its pretty disgusting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

October 1st filer here! We feel your pain. Its just a killer! Miss my man so much, can't make any wedding plans, U.K famiky need dates so they can book time off to attend the wedding......the list go's on. Starting to feel like marrying the man I loved is never going to happen! Almost like its not happening. Our lives are all on hold. We were so wrong when we filed thinking we would be well on our way to london for interview now but........we are not! No words to describe how bad this is! We wrote to our senator and still waiting on news. Thinking of us all right now. Very soon we will all be through!

As an October filer, I feel like I'm stuck on this long, painful bus ride. The bus driver has blocked the front door so all of the July/August filers at the front of the bus are stuck. The emergency exit at the back of the bus has been snuck open, and all of the November/December filers are jumping off. I'm stuck in the middle, and the bus just keeps taking me further and further away from the man I love.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

As an October filer, I feel like I'm stuck on this long, painful bus ride. The bus driver has blocked the front door so all of the July/August filers at the front of the bus are stuck. The emergency exit at the back of the bus has been snuck open, and all of the November/December filers are jumping off. I'm stuck in the middle, and the bus just keeps taking me further and further away from the man I love.

That is the best analogy I've heard yet. As a fellow middle-bus-rider, I feel your pain and I woke up crying this morning. I don't know how much longer I can deal with the absolute insanity of these approvals, and the thought that if they do start working from July forward NOW, we still have months and months of waiting ahead of us. Good luck to us all at bearing up on this bus ride!

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys!

My fiance sent our I 129F packet on October 9 and he got our NOA1 on the 17th. We are supposed to hear a result last March since they say that the processing time is 5 months. But it's already 6 months since we filed the petition but no news from them. And on their website, I have observed that the date "july 18" never changed.

I just want to know, is there a problem with the USCIS CSC right now? It's so hard to be so far away from your partner since we've been waiting for a long time now. We really want to be with each other the soonest possible time. I feel like I'm being tortured because I expected to hear a result last month but until now I got none. Huhu.. So sad. :(

By the way, any october 2012 filers here? Shoot me a message!

God bless everyone!

I was told CSC workload has jumped from 10k app's each month to 25K app's each month. I assume if this is true,......we will be waiting 10-12 months for a NOA2. Not the normal 5-6 months. Just guessing. Sorry I dont have better information for you. Good luck to you!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I was told CSC workload has jumped from 10k app's each month to 25K app's each month. I assume if this is true,......we will be waiting 10-12 months for a NOA2. Not the normal 5-6 months. Just guessing. Sorry I dont have better information for you. Good luck to you!!!

That's absolutely not true, actually. You can find full stats on what happen at the CSC and projections for what it all means for I-129F filers going forward in the links in my profile. Don't trust what the USCIS staffers say; just looks to what the numbers say.

October 1st filer here! We feel your pain. Its just a killer! Miss my man so much, can't make any wedding plans, U.K famiky need dates so they can book time off to attend the wedding......the list go's on. Starting to feel like marrying the man I loved is never going to happen! Almost like its not happening. Our lives are all on hold. We were so wrong when we filed thinking we would be well on our way to london for interview now but........we are not! No words to describe how bad this is! We wrote to our senator and still waiting on news. Thinking of us all right now. Very soon we will all be through!

We are Oct 1st filers too... So disheartening =(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

I looked at the cases processed this week in July and August (not igor's list but on the USCIS). The USCIS actually approved or RFE'ed more than 60 cases in the last 2 days that are in the July and August timeframe. At least we finally have some good progress.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can feel your pain but just like cazzers said, we have no choice but to wait.

If it makes you feel any better, i am one of the many july filers and if you feel like crying, just imagine how frustrated we are now? almost on our 9th month of waiting and still nothing:( :bonk:

WOW What a great analogy (October 15th here!)

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

I looked at the cases processed this week in July and August (not igor's list but on the USCIS). The USCIS actually approved or RFE'ed more than 60 cases in the last 2 days that are in the July and August timeframe. At least we finally have some good progress.

Our petition has not even been assigned to a case worker ;(

(10/15/12 as mentioned in my last post)

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.