bingowashisnameoh

Things to Consider When Seeking Congressional Support

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Friday, I posted a list of Congressional Committees and Subcommittees and their chairpersons in this link...www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/424527-congressional-contacts/page__p__6147803__fromsearch__1#entry6147803....

I have noticed Friday and throughout the weekend that some people have come away from making those contacts less than optimistic. Please do not take it personally and understand that there are politics in play on the DACA-K1 issue. I realize some have warned against turning this into a political debate and I would reaffirm those warnings.

However, I would suggest..and I do understand this is a deeply personal issue to all of us; keep in mind the facts of what has taken place and when possible try to step away from the emotional effect and look at it logically.

The facts are this. DACA's criticisms in the political arena is that it is an attempt by Democrats to draw more voters because those folks filing those petitions are likely to vote Democrat when they are legally eligible. So if you you live in a state like Texas, Florida or California please do not be surprised if you walk away from your local Democrat Congressional Representative and they did not seem to help. This issue to them is a very small part of the overall puzzle for them as try to move their own agenda forward.

Instead, I would suggest refocusing your efforts on the contacts I provided in the link; specifically at 'HOUSE REPUBLICANS'. Anyone who pays close attention to the news would know that on this specific issue; if there is anyone who is likely to help our cause, it's House Republicans. I would reach to all, but at the end of the day do not be surprised to find out this is where a majority of our help is going to come from. It's not a state secret that the President's current relationship with House Republicans is extremely COLD.

None this has anything to do with anyone being Democrat or Republican or pro or anti Obama. This is our issue and this is simply the political lay of the land right now. I just wanted to point that out.

I really think where the real pressure is going to come from to turn this tide in our favor and get some better movement is from House Republican Chaired Committees. Just my opinion. So if you live in an area and are represented by a House Republican and either a House or Senate Democrat, I would definitely urge you to reach out to the House Republican first.

I hope this helps.

Edited by bingowashisnameoh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your well within Timelines... Give it a break.

Venting is OK. Good Luck!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

not sure what your perception of the world is. However, with myself it's not always about 'ME'. Best of luck to you as well.

Timeline

not sure what your perception of the world is. However, with myself it's not always about 'ME'. Best of luck to you as well.

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I still cannot understand this weird movement of people who went through the process years ago and now insisted that everyone going through it now merely accept the status quo, even when that status quo is far, far worse now than it was when they went through it. Yes, we understand our individual letters may not help our individual case. No, we don't really care. We are trying to draw attention to a systemic problem that is unique to the last couple of months. Blueprints for dealing with the USCIS from years ago no longer apply.

Anyway, I also believe that all those pending at the CSC should be seriously considering contacting their elected representatives if they have not already done so, regardless of whether or not their petition falls within the arbitrary 5.5 (6.5? 7.5?) month guidelines the CSC keeps shifting on us. To that end, I've written a guide and provided a good deal of statistical analysis. You can find links to all of those posts in my signature. Good luck.

Edited by I & B

Timeline

There are bigger issues at stake here than just my petition or Bingo's petition. We are talking about the future of legal immigration as a whole.

If you have not followed the news lately, Obama and the Senate and trying to pass Amnesty for the 11+ million illegal immigrants in the country. If this happens, it could be like DACA times 100 with all the USCIS work that will eventually be created. We all need to be defenders of the legal immigration system because frankly the administration is paying so much attention to its new agendas it could leave the K-1 and other legal family petitions twisting in the wind. We need to fight now or the wait for K-1 visa could be drawn out to 2 or 3 years or the program eliminated all together.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

There are bigger issues at stake here than just my petition or Bingo's petition. We are talking about the future of legal immigration as a whole.

If you have not followed the news lately, Obama and the Senate and trying to pass Amnesty for the 11+ million illegal immigrants in the country. If this happens, it could be like DACA times 100 with all the USCIS work that will eventually be created. We all need to be defenders of the legal immigration system because frankly the administration is paying so much attention to its new agendas it could leave the K-1 and other legal family petitions twisting in the wind. We need to fight now or the wait for K-1 visa could be drawn out to 2 or 3 years or the program eliminated all together.

this would really scare me! how could he do this, he is democratic, but really not Clinton.

Timeline

This is NOT True. K-1's being eliminated or 2 to 3 years for approvals. The Goverment is going to take your money and let you Petition and you have the right to.

Bear in mind: With No RFE (s) which is the OP's case it looks good. If there was a RFE the time period is out of even Congressional hands. It's not a picture perfect World and I feel your frustration. Waiting... and waiting and waiting.

The process has'nt changed from 2 years ago as someone said: It is the same. The reality is USCIS Guarantees NOTHING. (Estimates only and they mean little in words and you should know that. You have the right to Petition but after that you are going to be just another person among many doing the same)

I know it's hard to be patient but please try, you can't do more than that but stay in constant contact with your love(s) and keep eachother strong.

I never meant to offend the OP but just tell them the truth. It's not a battle or challenge. It's a waiting game. I have seen in the past where as VJ members write not getting approved and then I see after a week getting their NOA2.. I hope OP this happens to you as well. Tim

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

This is NOT True. K-1's being eliminated or 2 to 3 years for approvals. The Goverment is going to take your money and let you Petition and you have the right to.

Bear in mind: With No RFE (s) which is the OP's case it looks good. If there was a RFE the time period is out of even Congressional hands. It's not a picture perfect World and I feel your frustration. Waiting... and waiting and waiting.

The process has'nt changed from 2 years ago as someone said: It is the same. The reality is USCIS Guarantees NOTHING. (Estimates only and they mean little in words and you should know that. You have the right to Petition but after that you are going to be just another person among many doing the same)

I know it's hard to be patient but please try, you can't do more than that but stay in constant contact with your love(s) and keep eachother strong.

I never meant to offend the OP but just tell them the truth. It's not a battle or challenge. It's a waiting game. I have seen in the past where as VJ members write not getting approved and then I see after a week getting their NOA2.. I hope OP this happens to you as well. Tim

Under 'normal' circumstances i would absolutely and unquestionably agree with you. However, when you were getting approved...there was no Dream Act and there were no DACA petitions cutting the line and bogging down the system. That is what all of this is about. The bottom line is the DACA petitions need to be separated out of the system and dealt with on their own and by themselves, without being prioritized over people who have been waiting longer. Everyone has their personal opinions on the current immigration debate i know. But that aside, this is simply about something external being added into a system; that the efficiency was in question to begin with but accepted. I am only speaking for myself, but i agree with you that the noa2 will come when it comes. However, as zipline mentioned earlier, there is a larger issue here that needs to be addressed that is larger than our NOA2. With further immigration discussion on the horizon and the situation that has presented itself here, I kind of feel like we have a responsibility to shed some light on it. Otherwise the situation is only going to further deteriorate.

Timeline

In a Few short weeks (maybe less) you will have your NOA2 and then you will not be dealing with the US but the Philippines.. Keep us updated and stay strong.. I think your fine.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

In a Few short weeks (maybe less) you will have your NOA2 and then you will not be dealing with the US but the Philippines.. Keep us updated and stay strong.. I think your fine.

Thank You and you do the same.

Timeline

good.gif

Timeline

I agree with u. good.gifsame as to what my Robb told me. He told me about what will / might be happening few months from now.scary but we are all waiting when to be approved then we can hurry before that 11M+ illegal immigrants starts filling their papers (maybe later this year or early next year - it depends. we don't know). It won't only affect the I129F but also when we do AOS . I don't mean to scare anybody but let's just keep our faith that NOA2 will soon arrive. it is also hard to assume but it is a reality that might gonna happen soon. For the meantime if we can do something then we should do than just waiting.. As far as we are concerned, Robb made a petition few months ago about expediting all our papers (as he already foresee what's going to happen few months from that time), unfortunately only few cared to sign (it was a well formulated petition though).We would rather pay for expedite than waiting for a long time. And he was right about what is going to happen with CSC and that is what is happening now.. now that the service centers esp CSC is starting to go crazy,approving new filers, everyone is panicking. if only we have prevented this before then this won't happen. but it's happening already.no need to blame anybody. we can only do what we can do for now. I know we just all wanted to get approved. hopefully soon we will all hear that magic word "approved". Good luck everyone! good.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This post may or may not appease some of your worries, but there was a recent article here in Vermont that during this summer/fall USCIS is building another additional facility to house and employ (300 additional) to handle the growing work load. I just happen to live in the town that processes the family based petitions here in Vermont, so it was in my local paper. Although it won't help the current filers, it does help to know they are doing their best to adjust for the future. With that being said, I don't know about the California center, but I would like to think they are going through the same push as Vermont to do something. California probably has the biggest work load because you have the larger amount of illegal immigrants in your centers jurisdiction.

Edited by destiny64

Under 'normal' circumstances i would absolutely and unquestionably agree with you. However, when you were getting approved...there was no Dream Act and there were no DACA petitions cutting the line and bogging down the system. That is what all of this is about. The bottom line is the DACA petitions need to be separated out of the system and dealt with on their own and by themselves, without being prioritized over people who have been waiting longer. Everyone has their personal opinions on the current immigration debate i know. But that aside, this is simply about something external being added into a system; that the efficiency was in question to begin with but accepted. I am only speaking for myself, but i agree with you that the noa2 will come when it comes. However, as zipline mentioned earlier, there is a larger issue here that needs to be addressed that is larger than our NOA2. With further immigration discussion on the horizon and the situation that has presented itself here, I kind of feel like we have a responsibility to shed some light on it. Otherwise the situation is only going to further deteriorate.

There was no dream act when I went through the system in 2007/2008 - and I still had to wait ten months for my visa petition (with a lot of people around me waiting a lot longer) to get through USCIS. That was with no RFEs and an uncomplicated case.

I'm not saying you should not protest or try to raise awareness to help improve the system.

But be aware that over the seven years I have been reading this forum the wait times have gone crazy for each type of petition (CR1, K1, even DCF) at some point. Don't just make your campaign about this one external issue. Even without this there could be something else which is slowing things down.

In 2007 it was because USCIS failed to cope with a sudden influx of petitioners trying to beat a price rise (Family petitions doubled that year). Other long waits have been caused to family petitions because of manpower being diverted to deal with other regular visa petitions (work visas for example).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.