Rob & Rachel

Video is complete! - Start Sharing!!!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The video is great, but making it a political battle and pointing fingers at young children whose parents brought them to America for more opportunities isn't exactly fair and won't win people over. 100% leave it out, and focus on the fiance visas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

At one point in the video(I dont remember when) you wrote that they were 129 applications, they are not applications, they are petitions, the application is for the K-1 itself AFTER, the petition is approved. Best of luck with your video!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Stress that the USCIS wait time is only a part of the total wait time until couples are reunited. You said some are waiting 8 months, but after that, there's still more time of being apart.

Actually, it does say that, in the part with the monther/child background

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I really like it as well, but for some people out there, who may just come across this and not even be that interested or familiar with it, I also would have to say that you should write less, the text blocks are too long and the person may get tired and stop watching. Its a very good idea and you did a good job! Just it may be hard for any person out there, who doesnt relate to these visas, to get through the whole thing.

Keep us posted :D

And also you should add in there why after this long wait at service centers, we have to wait longer..add that we still have to go through nvc, go to the embassy, wait for the packet and wait for an interview and such :thumbs:

Edited by Ismail+Cassie

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Great job :thumbs: What do you think about including the i130 petitions as well? Processing times are becoming longer and longer for those too...

I agree with this. It is not just us K1 folks suffering.

I'd like to hear some other people's opinions on this. What I worry about, when mentioning "I-129f" or "i-130" is that it doesn't mean anything to people who have never gone through the process. One of the goals of this video is to get people involved, who wouldn't ordinarily care about the issue. Throwing a lot of form names and terminology might cause their eyes to glaze over.

No need to mention I-129F, I-130, K1, CR1 or any of that. Focus on Fiances, Spouses and Children. It's all about the family :)

Oh! Fiances, Spouses, and Children OF AMERICAN CITIZENS...

Edited by pachacuti

Filed: Timeline

We need to cut out all the acronyms. Normal people seeing this would not understand what you mean. They also do not understand I-129f applications how about using fiance visa, and United States Citizenship and Immigration services instead of USCIS. Just some thoughts.

We need to give people them a clear and definitive thing to protect or to champion, and then give them a clear and definitive enemy or Bad guy to fight against.

ZuwMp9.png

Timeline

The Final version is posted

Thanks For all your imput everyone, I couldn't have done it without you! :dance:

I'll be posting the text of it in the more section later, but we can get it out there now!

Let me know if there are any other links I should include.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

I keep thinking of things..... If you've been waiting over 6 months, please say how long you've been waiting in the comments of the video, so people can see how many of us there are!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Final version is posted

Start Sharing!

Great job! I think we shouldn't just post this on facebook but send a link to newspapers, TV News, any media outlet you have access to or could think of. Contacting my congressman and writing my senator hasn't yielded any results for most of us, maybe it's time to take a different route. I am thinking of sending this link to a Filipino newspaper publication here in California. If you guys know anyone in the media, please send this link.

08.07.12 ::: FedExed K1 Petition to California Service Center

08.10.12 ::: NOA1 Text

08.16.12 ::: NOA1 Receipt received in the mail

04:19.13 ::: NOA2 Text and Email (Yay!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well done! Just adding me to it now in the comments

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Well done! Just adding me to it now in the comments

Great!

A few people commented on the draft, and if any of you are reading this, please repost your comments on the final versin, now that it's done. The V2 is gone now.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.