Rob & Rachel

Video is complete! - Start Sharing!!!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I put together a short video (original link disabled - please see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/424394-video-is-complete-start-sharing/page__view__findpost__p__6145474 for the new link) as a means of getting the word out about what's going on at the CSC.

it's basically a draft, about a minute and a half long. My goal is to get some input from all of you wonderful folks, clean it up and add in any suggestions you might have, and get it out there tomorrow night, for all to post to whatever social media they see fit.

there's not a lot of info in it, I didn't want to complicate it, so I was going to add some links in at the bottom for more information.

I'll take suggestions on those as well!

Thanks!

Edited by Kathryn41
to edit out old link and add new

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

It is almost the same in VSC even if it looks faster,but the video is great :thumbs:

So make reference to both service centers... got it!

Thanks!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Maybe slow down the frames that have lot sof text in them. I got distracted for 2 seconds and couldnt catch up :). I agree post for both. I think we all agree things need to move faster all around.

event.png

Timeline

Maybe slow down the frames that have lot sof text in them. I got distracted for 2 seconds and couldnt catch up :). I agree post for both. I think we all agree things need to move faster all around.

Yes, I agree about that. It was getting late, and I wanted to get the draft up for review. I've noticed a few minor things that can be improved. I'm more concerned about the text itself, if I'm being clear enough, or if there is anything I'm missing.

Thanks!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I put together a short video ( link disabled - please see new link at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/424394-video-is-complete-start-sharing/page__view__findpost__p__6145474 ) as a means of getting the word out about what's going on at the CSC.

it's basically a draft, about a minute and a half long. My goal is to get some input from all of you wonderful folks, clean it up and add in any suggestions you might have, and get it out there tomorrow night, for all to post to whatever social media they see fit.

there's not a lot of info in it, I didn't want to complicate it, so I was going to add some links in at the bottom for more information.

I'll take suggestions on those as well!

Thanks!

I'd say that any time you have more than a single block of text on the screen is a mistake. And you should slow it down so that people have a chance to read each paragraph. A good rule of thumb would be to read each paragraph aloud very slowly as it appears before cuing the next block of text.

Re specific text:

0:42 A few months ago... paragraph:

In August, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security, without Congress's approval, mandated that the USCIS implement a new program called DACA, which provides the children of illegal immigrants permission to stay and work in the US for two years.

0:42 At the CSC... paragraph:

Many tens of thousands of DACA petitions began streaming into the USCIS's service centers, with the California Service Center being particularly inundated.

Rather than ask that DACA petitioners wait a few extra weeks for processing, USCIS, likely acting under political pressure, decided to take drastic action to ensure that these DACA petitioners were completed more quickly than the statutory petition types already pending. In short, the USCIS decided that I-129F fiance visa petitioners would have to wait indefinitely to be reunited with their loved ones as they all-but stopped processing fiance visa petitions to quickly process DACA petitions.

Completion rates for fiance visas are now at the lowest levels on record and have been so since December, 2012. And there is no end in sight to the delays as the backlog of petitions piles up.

Then I think you can return to the wait time paragraph.

I'd also add something in about how hard it is to plan moving, weddings, etc. with not answers. And probably something to emphasize the inanity of the "July 18, 2012" processing time frame manipulation, as well.

Lastly, whatever you decide on as the final script, you should include it all as text in the video description for search engines.

Edited by Kathryn41
to replace link in quote

Timeline

I'd say that any time you have more than a single block of text on the screen is a mistake. And you should slow it down so that people have a chance to read each paragraph. A good rule of thumb would be to read each paragraph aloud very slowly as it appears before cuing the next block of text.

Re specific text:

0:42 A few months ago... paragraph:

In August, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security, without Congress's approval, mandated that the USCIS implement a new program called DACA, which provides the children of illegal immigrants permission to stay and work in the US for two years.

0:42 At the CSC... paragraph:

Many tens of thousands of DACA petitions began streaming into the USCIS's service centers, with the California Service Center being particularly inundated.

Rather than ask that DACA petitioners wait a few extra weeks for processing, USCIS, likely acting under political pressure, decided to take drastic action to ensure that these DACA petitioners were completed more quickly than the statutory petition types already pending. In short, the USCIS decided that I-129F fiance visa petitioners would have to wait indefinitely to be reunited with their loved ones as they all-but stopped processing fiance visa petitions to quickly process DACA petitions.

Completion rates for fiance visas are now at the lowest levels on record and have been so since December, 2012. And there is no end in sight to the delays as the backlog of petitions piles up.

Then I think you can return to the wait time paragraph.

I'd also add something in about how hard it is to plan moving, weddings, etc. with not answers. And probably something to emphasize the inanity of the "July 18, 2012" processing time frame manipulation, as well.

Lastly, whatever you decide on as the final script, you should include it all as text in the video description for search engines.

Those are all excellent suggestions! I'll implement all of them

That's why I posted it here first, I was looking at it too long and second guessing myself. I was torn between keeping from being too long, and providing enough information.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

I like it but yes had to watch it twice to read all the text :)

Thank you, I'll be fixing that tonight.

My goal is to take all the responses I get today, and get them implemented tonight, so people can start using it tomorrow.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Those are all excellent suggestions! I'll implement all of them

That's why I posted it here first, I was looking at it too long and second guessing myself. I was torn between keeping from being too long, and providing enough information.

Was just thinking this over and realized my language needed a little tweaking for the first suggestion I made:

In August, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security, without Congress's approval, mandated that the USCIS implement a new program called DACA, which provides permission to stay and work for two years to those who illegally entered the US as children.

Timeline

Was just thinking this over and realized my language needed a little tweaking for the first suggestion I made:

In August, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security, without Congress's approval, mandated that the USCIS implement a new program called DACA, which provides permission to stay and work for two years to those who illegally entered the US as children.

Will do! Thanks!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

Looks good.

The above suggestions are spot on.

I'd love to see the final cut so that I can share it.

Thanks for taking the time to do this ?

I'll be finishing it up tonight and getting it online...It will be in a new post.

Thank you for sharing it (in advance)! :thumbs:

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Stress that the USCIS wait time is only a part of the total wait time until couples are reunited. You said some are waiting 8 months, but after that, there's still more time of being apart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.