A.J

A US Citizen in CASABLANCA consulate :(

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I posted a lot of negativity recently but i can not help it, im happy for people that got approved but the amount of evidence i have and the time i spent with my husband and HIS family all together my case should not be put on AP so the update is the following :

My husband had a (4min) interview April 2nd 2013, was asked 4 questions which he answered correctly and he was put under AP.

I e-mailed the us consulate in casablanca they didn't give me anything except we need some time.

I ask to speak to someone with more authority and all they say is call again tomorrow from 2 to 4 PM.

I call them they hang up on me or they say it's under AP, ''WHY ? '' no answer .

now that's the important part i made an appoinment last week and i went there tuesday of this week,i got in at 11 am y'all knows the procedures some MOroccan lady in her late 40's looked at me and said this is the US citizen only go to the Moroccan side ''im like what ??, I AM AMERICAN '' maybe my LATINO look made her think im Moroccan but anyways,, she was the rudest creature ever she told me we can't answer that and asked me to go back to my family or school and im like ''my family is here in Morocco with my husband''. After that an American guy steped in and he was a gentleman, i gave him the case number and he checked it all and noticed that i've been here since SEPT then he said ''WASHINGTON is running some more background checks and as soon as we hear from them we are gonna contact your husband'' as soon as one case is done an other one moves up,, i don't know how backed up they are but this Casablanca consulate is a JOKE they are approving k1 like within a min even if the fiance was in morocco just for a couple of weeks but when it comes to marriage it's a whole different senario,, our lives depends on this we've got no time to waist,, we need to move on with our lives. Everything is in order paper work, marriage, evidence every single thing but the delays are not right. and the funny thing is he is not one of those spouces with crapy English that get stuck during an interview.he is a college student with good English BUT STILL they need to put his case under AP .

well that's it folks my story with the US consulate in Casablanca.

Edited by A.J

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't know the rhyme or reason. It seems everyone in Egypt is getting put in AP too-- not sure about fiance, but for spouses. My husband is educated in the US-- lived there years, has a 5 year B2, speaks English better than me.... and he STILL got AP. He has a 10 year visitor visa to the UK and did his junior high and high school there. There is no shortage of records on him. They had 0 AP for his visitor visa approval 14 months ago.

I can't make any sense of what they're doing.... and why?

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not adjustment of status from a family based visa, op is filing for a spousal visa and having issues in another country. Moved to regional forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Jeez guys, I have no solutions for you but just wanted to let you know I sympathize. Our consulate in Guayaquil is a bunch of #######, too - there's no rhyme or reason to how they do things, as though they just make it up as they go along, and it's so frustrating and disappointing. mad.gif And AJ, I know a lot of people say "well at least you're with your husband!", but I understand - I'm with my husband, too, but it doesn't make the wait any easier. If anything else, having direct contact with the consulate is even more frustrating, because it becomes so apparent that they have no clue what they're doing!

Lots of good thoughts your way, and hopes for speedy ends to both your AP problems! smile.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I posted a lot of negativity recently but i can not help it, im happy for people that got approved but the amount of evidence i have and the time i spent with my husband and HIS family all together my case should not be put on AP so the update is the following :

My husband had a (4min) interview April 2nd 2013, was asked 4 questions which he answered correctly and he was put under AP.

I e-mailed the us consulate in casablanca they didn't give me anything except we need some time.

I ask to speak to someone with more authority and all they say is call again tomorrow from 2 to 4 PM.

I call them they hang up on me or they say it's under AP, ''WHY ? '' no answer .

now that's the important part i made an appoinment last week and i went there tuesday of this week,i got in at 11 am y'all knows the procedures some MOroccan lady in her late 40's looked at me and said this is the US citizen only go to the Moroccan side ''im like what ??, I AM AMERICAN '' maybe my LATINO look made her think im Moroccan but anyways,, she was the rudest creature ever she told me we can't answer that and asked me to go back to my family or school and im like ''my family is here in Morocco with my husband''. After that an American guy steped in and he was a gentleman, i gave him the case number and he checked it all and noticed that i've been here since SEPT then he said ''WASHINGTON is running some more background checks and as soon as we hear from them we are gonna contact your husband'' as soon as one case is done an other one moves up,, i don't know how backed up they are but this Casablanca consulate is a JOKE they are approving k1 like within a min even if the fiance was in morocco just for a couple of weeks but when it comes to marriage it's a whole different senario,, our lives depends on this we've got no time to waist,, we need to move on with our lives. Everything is in order paper work, marriage, evidence every single thing but the delays are not right. and the funny thing is he is not one of those spouces with crapy English that get stuck during an interview.he is a college student with good English BUT STILL they need to put his case under AP .

well that's it folks my story with the US consulate in Casablanca.

Sorry for your long wait. Often, it is not an issue of your paperwork not being in order - it's because the name checks can cause lengthy delays. And it looks like they mentioned something about that.

I know it's very difficult and you are very frustrated, but try not to compare your case to others that may be moving faster, because cases are all different.

Anyways, I hope you get the good news you've been waiting for very soon. And feel free to vent all you need - we all know how this process can be so very stressful.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry for your AP wait, but I agree with wife_of_mahmoud..........it's the name checks that take so long for most applicants, especially those with common names. AP should always be expected in MENA countries, no AP is becoming very rare these days.

My husband had 12 weeks of AP and it was all due to name checks. The CO told us at the interview that he believed we had a valid marriage, but it's normal procedure to do one last name check (AP).

Don't worry, it will be done and he'll get the call from the embassy that his visa is ready :star:

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

A name check held up our I-130 from Feb 2003 to July 2005. AP is not something just against you or only at the moroccan consulate. The same thing is happening in India, in Ecuador, and El Salvador only ti name a few.

event.png

Timeline

Why would someone be given AP that had a 5 year B2 and records as a student years ago? If its just a name check, they've had plenty of time and opportunity... Idk... doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why name checks take years in some cases. I just don't believe thats all there is to it.

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]

"Approved Pending AP"

Timeline

Background checks expire

There was no AP 14 months ago after 8 years since the last visit to the US? They handed him a visa on the spot. No one batted him an eye coming to the US on his last 2 visits of the last year.

Everyone here says its "name checks." I'm curious where this information came from--- how do we know what is REALLY going on.

This is how I imagine it:

(seeing as how I trust our government so much) They will wait for my case to come up in que and then they'll hack my bank acct and skype acct and emails as well as his (maybe even tap my phone) and monitor all my stuff for terrorist activity. Once they have their top secret surveillance set up, then they can allow him to immigrate. (and I wouldn't be surprised if that "immunization" had a tracking chip in it like they use for pets.

headbonk.gif (Yes CIA and FBI....I know you're out there) helpsmilie.gif

Ok...so maybe I'm bored and going a lil crazy whistling.gifunsure.gif

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]

"Approved Pending AP"

Timeline

For what its worth OP, here is an article with a bit about this mysterious 'AP' stuff. ;)

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=994394ba-4734-4b5c-ad83-8a53a7d1d88c

prayers for a speedy journey through AP,

RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]

"Approved Pending AP"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.