A.J

A US Citizen in CASABLANCA consulate :(

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

P.S. Please don't take me too seriously! (or don't take me seriously at all i even better)

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Everybody thanks a lot for the feedback

RFQ it seems like all the MENA countries are going through the same, but still even with a clean record you get an AP my husband is the same . i don't get it either i thought the checks are USCIS which took them 6 months the only question is WHY again. Thanks for the response and the Link, it means a lot.

oohpartiv Thanks for the response im glad someone is feeling what im going though, i hope you hear something good soon too.

wife_of_mahmoud Thank you, you guys comments put an ease to my dilemma.

zahrasalem 12 weeks :) if that's gonna be my case then im lucky i just don't want to be here an other year just for an AP. im glad your husband got the call , thank you for the precious thoughts.

momof1 yeah all MENA countries are the same and third world of south america and eastern europe. you are right about that second part they have no doubt about the validity of my marriage but im just scared of being here another 9 or 12 months.. i apreciate the feedback thank you :)

yahya_marie Ohh im sorry for you guys going through all that but being denied a K1 and a CR1 is mostly RED FLAGS but im happy you guys made it through :)

hamigirl710 im not insulting other spouces all im saying is what i have on the table, which is a bonafide marriage and an elegible husband to fitin' with the american society. other than that you are right im glad it was not sent back, im just worried and missing my son.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

There was no AP 14 months ago after 8 years since the last visit to the US? They handed him a visa on the spot. No one batted him an eye coming to the US on his last 2 visits of the last year.

Everyone here says its "name checks." I'm curious where this information came from--- how do we know what is REALLY going on.

This is how I imagine it:

(seeing as how I trust our government so much) They will wait for my case to come up in que and then they'll hack my bank acct and skype acct and emails as well as his (maybe even tap my phone) and monitor all my stuff for terrorist activity. Once they have their top secret surveillance set up, then they can allow him to immigrate. (and I wouldn't be surprised if that "immunization" had a tracking chip in it like they use for pets.

You can search the archive here for many, many posts discussing a lot of the specifics of the name check/background check process. There are multiple agencies involved, and some of them have access to different databases. The results of a name check are not permanent; a new name check will be required if a period of time has elapsed since the previous one.

So name checks are all too real, and many of our MENA members have had to endure lengthy delays because of them - in some cases, the process took more than a year to complete. Yes, the process can be very frustrating for people who are waiting, but it is actually a very important function of Homeland Security.

This is a USCIS fact sheet from 2006 which describes part of what they're doing:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/security_checks_42506.pdf

And here is an FBI information page from 2008 making recommendations on how to improve the process, which has some interesting stats on how many cases they process, and the varying lengths of processing times:

http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/FBI/a0824/final.pdf

There's a lot more info out there if you doing some searching on Google - I am not going to link competitor's sites.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for the links-- I always like to read up more. I do think my scenario if more likely than this name and background check stuff. ;-)

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

wife_of_mahmoud the links are really helpfull thank you so much again .

hamigirl710 Girl take it easy im not putting anybody down im carrying so much in my burden already,, all im saying is how frustrated this process on me and the US consulate SOMETIMES approve the wrong and deny the right people. we are not playing here whos got the best husband Lol. im sorry if you misunderstood my post but as other people said every case is different and 5 years or 3 years of marriage does not make us an immigration experts.. we are here to get informations and to share our visa journies weather it's good or bad. PLEASE don't get me wrong AGAIN.;)

Timeline

destiny64 you don't have to be sympathetic. since when sharing a BAD experience is negativity.and that IM the US Citizen attitude thing, is because of my brown skin made her think that im Moroccan and i corrected her with no ATTITUDE,, go back and read again what she said to me for being here with my husband all this time. and for the record my journey is not that fast as you think i just didn't get a lot of checklist letters and got put behind for sending the wrong forms but i waisted 4 months on a sponsor +44 days to get an interview date so yes i had to do some waiting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you call DOS to verify if the visa application is on AP locally or stateside? You said the gentleman at the consulate stated the checks were in Washington, D.C. AP has different wait times depending if it is local or in DC. I read somewhere stateside checks are done by the FBI. Look for previous thread on AP in DC. Good luck and oh yeah going to the consulate will not change or speed up what has to happen on AP if anything it just leaves you with more frustration. Ultimately, they decide if he qualifies for the visa or not what we may think of our hubbies does not count they are viewing it from a different angle. Good luck and once again i hope you can be patient. I tried to stay with my hubby but I lasted a month sorry I still had responsibilities at home with my children and the home. So hats off to you for being there so long but sometimes it works against you because they view it as no separation hardship since you are with him and they take their sweet time.

Have a great weekend....

Timeline

MIBEN no i didn't call the DOS yet i seen people on hold for 20 min so i thought it might be a blind alley but i contacted my congressman and he sent me a contract to sign and send it back along with supporting documents, i just cameback from the post office he should have them by monday or tuesday. Thank you for your support .

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

destiny64 you don't have to be sympathetic. since when sharing a BAD experience is negativity.and that IM the US Citizen attitude thing, is because of my brown skin made her think that im Moroccan and i corrected her with no ATTITUDE,, go back and read again what she said to me for being here with my husband all this time. and for the record my journey is not that fast as you think i just didn't get a lot of checklist letters and got put behind for sending the wrong forms but i waisted 4 months on a sponsor +44 days to get an interview date so yes i had to do some waiting.

On the issue of you're being mistaken for a Moroccan, please do not take offense. You have to understand that Moroccans are what that consulate sees all day long. It's not an insult. In their eyes, you just didn't look so much different than the Moroccans they see every day.

We live in San Antonio, Texas which has a predominantly Hispanic population (mostly Mexican-American) and people here often assume my husband is Hispanic at first glance. Clerks in stores will sometimes automatically begin speaking to him in Spanish. It used to irritate him, but he got used to it. It's because the majority of the people we see here everyday are Hispanic, so it's often the first thing that pops into people's heads when they see a person with a natural suntan :D

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

wife_of_mahmoud the links are really helpfull thank you so much again .

hamigirl710 Girl take it easy im not putting anybody down im carrying so much in my burden already,, all im saying is how frustrated this process on me and the US consulate SOMETIMES approve the wrong and deny the right people. we are not playing here whos got the best husband Lol. im sorry if you misunderstood my post but as other people said every case is different and 5 years or 3 years of marriage does not make us an immigration experts.. we are here to get informations and to share our visa journies weather it's good or bad. PLEASE don't get me wrong AGAIN.;)

I never said I was an immigration expert because of how long my relationshiop has been. I was only pointing out that there are many of us also waiting for as long as you if not longer. I know you are venting and sometimes we do not realize what we call venting may be insulting to others. Like I said just be patient and it will all work out in the end. You did not get sent back to the USA so that is a good sign that the visa is in the process! I wish you the best and my prayers are with you!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

wife_of_mahmoud Not at all it was not an offence the only issue is when she asked me to go back to the states and go to school that was uncalled for, other than that im fine being mistaken for a Moroccan Lol im from New Mexico and i know exactly what you mean ;):)

and people thought i was rude for saying i am a us citizen i said that spontaniously just because i don't wanna be cut up with people that are being interviewed that's all.

Edited by A.J

Timeline

hamigirl710 Thanks a lot for replying back i don't like to be misunderstood behind a screen because people start attack you from all corners and it's hard to make people understand something from a specific point of view we all think differently but i didn't mean any harm when i mentioned the Crapy English comment, im realy sorry if i offended anybody in this forum but people got it the wrong way im not trying to be above anybody or speeding up my case on other ppls expense NO, i've had precious advices and help from this forum along the way and i apreciate it. But people can be really harsh sometimes telling me i neglected my son and that's probably why the US is looking into my husbands name ?? how is that even relevant to my case. we should stick to the subject and never forget that we are here just to give friendly advice and get help from ppl that been through this, we all drinking from the same cup and we are all waiting.

Duh WOM, why didn't you know some rude person at the consulate told her to go back to the states and go to school? And don't try and use the fact that it was NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE IN THE FIRST PLACE as some kind of lame excuse...

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.