peezey

Post your negative comments here so we don't derail the sweetness & light in other threads!

310 posts in this topic

Sorry, I am a rude cookie tonight.

telling the truth does not = rude cookie

telling the truth CAN = rude cookie.

When?

a yucky cookie can = rude cookie, and maybe a loud cookie can = rude cookie, but truth cookies aren't rude. Truth cookies might taste like sh!t and hurt going down, but they aren't rude.

What CAN be done/said isn't necessarily what SHOULD be said. Tt's common decency, and although we seem to forgo it here in MENA, I really cringe to think people say things to collegues like they do here. I would NEVER say to a co-worker - wow - you have a 100 lbs on your partner AND 20 years <insert remark along lines of thats GROSS and ABNORMAL!".

I guess since were are "unknowns" so to speak, free for all some.

anyway - carry on... dr. atkins = rude cookie. thats for sure.

Her post didn't tell anyone any such thing. She commented on why there might be problems like infantalizing their husbands. But that's only one factor. I know plenty of similarly aged couples with an infantalizing partner. And if my co-worker cam to me and spouted private things about a visa process or a marital problem, I most certainly would be very honest about why I think what is happening is happening. People ask for it, you don't then lie.

i know Peezey. I guess I am just commenting on the big picture in this forum and probably should have started a whole new topic just for it :P . I am not advocating being fake, I just think some tact could come into play. It's really a moot point. *shrugs*

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry, I am a rude cookie tonight.

telling the truth does not = rude cookie

telling the truth CAN = rude cookie.

When?

a yucky cookie can = rude cookie, and maybe a loud cookie can = rude cookie, but truth cookies aren't rude. Truth cookies might taste like sh!t and hurt going down, but they aren't rude.

What CAN be done/said isn't necessarily what SHOULD be said. Tt's common decency, and although we seem to forgo it here in MENA, I really cringe to think people say things to collegues like they do here. I would NEVER say to a co-worker - wow - you have a 100 lbs on your partner AND 20 years <insert remark along lines of thats GROSS and ABNORMAL!".

I guess since were are "unknowns" so to speak, free for all some.

anyway - carry on... dr. atkins = rude cookie. thats for sure.

Her post didn't tell anyone any such thing. She commented on why there might be problems like infantalizing their husbands. But that's only one factor. I know plenty of similarly aged couples with an infantalizing partner. And if my co-worker cam to me and spouted private things about a visa process or a marital problem, I most certainly would be very honest about why I think what is happening is happening. People ask for it, you don't then lie.

i know Peezey. I guess I am just commenting on the big picture in this forum and probably should have started a whole new topic just for it :P . I am not advocating being fake, I just think some tact could come into play. It's really a moot point. *shrugs*

Should we make a thread for lollypops and rainbows? :lol: Or better yet, maybe Capt can make us a new forum called "Extreme ME/NA" :lol:

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know plenty of similarly aged couples with an infantalizing partner.

that's me, i'm the infant every time nessa takes her shirt off :blush:

TMI!!!

:lol:

Or better yet, maybe Capt can make us a new forum called "Extreme ME/NA" :lol:

oh wow extreme mena :wacko:

boxing gloves issued on admittance? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know plenty of similarly aged couples with an infantalizing partner.

that's me, i'm the infant every time nessa takes her shirt off :blush:

TMI!!!

Or better yet, maybe Capt can make us a new forum called "Extreme ME/NA" :lol:

oh wow extreme mena :wacko:

boxing gloves issued on admittance? :P

Those that can't hang will have their hands cut off. :ph34r:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I'm pissed because I had to work through lunch and didn't get my nooner today...

Welcome Back Jen. I am so glad you and David are together! I know what you mean about that nooner! Been sooooo long since I had one...very soon I hope!

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I hate how members backbite other members terribly in PMs, but suck up to them unabashedly on the boards. You want to be real, be real in public and in private. If you want to be two-faced, don't write to me. And there's been more than one of you doing this; you know who you are.

Edited by szsz

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
d_3740.jpg

:whistle:

Snagged & stored ! :thumbs:

Oh wait this is the negative thread :o

Ejecting....

ejectingfromthreadcm6.jpg

And thank God you're ok, Jenn (F)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no idea what any of that means...you said this is a negative comment thread. I did a math negative (minus 10 points).

Jeepers, darned if you do, darned if you don't. !!! I even stuck out my tongue!

I hate it when people take things the wrong way! *stamps foot*

no, no, no (starting with a negative....) earlier I posted that I hate when someone's retort is "you don't know anything, you're new to VJ"....so you menitoned I forgot the dun dun dun, so it's true, they're right!!! I shouldn't be allowed to post without knowing the rules...ha! :P

No! (more negative!) Okay I see what you meant.

FYI, no one knows anything here so you're probably good to go anyway. :lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't know why anything would be wrong with you, but I'm glad you're ok too, jenn. Should I read this ####### from the beginning?

Please say no . .

Don't worry, I was just in a little fender bender. Everyone's ok though!

I don't like it when people who are "down" are always putting down those that are "up". Get over yourself. :angry:

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

I don't know why anything would be wrong with you, but I'm glad you're ok too, jenn. Should I read this ####### from the beginning?

Please say no . .

Don't worry, I was just in a little fender bender. Everyone's ok though!

i missed that :blush: .. glad to hear your ok.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I don't like it when people who are "down" are always putting down those that are "up". Get over yourself. :angry:

Well said. We all have the capability to be rude, but the healthy among us regret it. Bragging about being rude is not a virtue, it's a sickness.